A journalist ditches her hectic life in New York and moves with her family to Bangkok.
Latest Blog Posts »
- No rain 11 months ago It's official: The rainy season is over. So says my neighbor's babysitter. Clouds still boil across the horizon, but they just hang out and then create pretty sunsets like this one.
- Goat lovers are everywhere 11 months ago Stella and the young actor from the Anchor Light productionHere's a guest post today from my cousin Debby, a retired school psychologist and raiser of goats. Her email about a film shoot in NYC was so wonderful, I asked her if I could share it.You can see more pictures of her animals and read about...
- Scenes from a moving car 13 months ago We've been back in Bangkok a week and are still getting over our jet lag. I've been up since 3:30 after having a threatening dream involving my old elementary school. Everyone else is still blissfully asleep, including Joe on the new super-comfy mattress from Ikea we bought him after he begged for...
- Arsenic and rice 1 year ago Rice is one of the greatest things about Thailand. It is cheap, varied and plentiful. You have your famous Thai jasmine, and you also have black rice, red rice, forbidden rice, and the rice that comes in enormous sacks at Makro, the Thai version of Costco. They should be throwing it off cargo...
- Some like it hot 1 year ago Runners trickle in to the finish line. Marathoners started at 3 a.m., half-marathoners at 5 and 10k runners at 5:45.Running in the heat scares me. I can handle rain, sleet needling into my face, anything short of a blizzard. But here, if I passed out, I'm afraid that an ambulance wouldn't make it...
Contest Entries »
- Finding our bliss in Bangkok Writing Contest October 2012 An expat acquaintance of mine was walking down a street in a Bangkok tourist area recently. She hailed a cab to get her to her office, but the driver, seeing she was a Westerner, quoted her twice the regular cost. She refused and got out of the...
- From snow days to sticky rice: An American boy’s take on school in Thailand Education and International Schools While expat parents may think they’re doing their child a great favor by hauling them off to a foreign country for a few years, the kids may not always see it that way. Add an international school and you may have a recipe for disaster – or you...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Farang Mom
15:45 PM October 17, 2012
15:45 PM October 17, 2012
It's fabulous! I look forward to reading it every day.