A journalist ditches her hectic life in New York and moves with her family to Bangkok.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Arsenic and rice 2 months ago Rice is one of the greatest things about Thailand. It is cheap, varied and plentiful. You have your famous Thai jasmine, and you also have black rice, red rice, forbidden rice, and the rice that comes in enormous sacks at Makro, the Thai version of Costco. They should be throwing it off cargo...
- Some like it hot 7 months ago Runners trickle in to the finish line. Marathoners started at 3 a.m., half-marathoners at 5 and 10k runners at 5:45.Running in the heat scares me. I can handle rain, sleet needling into my face, anything short of a blizzard. But here, if I passed out, I'm afraid that an ambulance wouldn't make it...
- One week in New York 8 months ago Loved going home for my sister's surprise party!An unsuspecting Sue and family en route to the New York Public Library Saturday.Surprise!Loosen up, lion. It's a party!Here’s the teapot that Dad, Benita and I got her.
- A wai and a smile 8 months ago No better place for cats to hang out than at the local spirit house.Sometimes I test out Thais' legendary tolerance of foreigners. For example, seeing if I can casually jog onto government property. Are there a bunch of guards at the entrance? Yes! Has anyone ever stopped me? No!
- Diet papaya 8 months ago Joe was standing at the table eating popcorn yesterday when our property manager Rung came over to look at some water damage. With a grin, Rung watched Joey shoving popcorn in his mouth, then gently patted his stomach. "When you are done, run around the compound," Rung joked. Joe kept eating --...
Contest Entries »
- Finding our bliss in Bangkok Writing Contest October 2012 An expat acquaintance of mine was walking down a street in a Bangkok tourist area recently. She hailed a cab to get her to her office, but the driver, seeing she was a Westerner, quoted her twice the regular cost. She refused and got out of the...
- From snow days to sticky rice: An American boy’s take on school in Thailand Education and International Schools While expat parents may think they’re doing their child a great favor by hauling them off to a foreign country for a few years, the kids may not always see it that way. Add an international school and you may have a recipe for disaster – or you...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Farang Mom
15:45 PM October 17, 2012
15:45 PM October 17, 2012
It's fabulous! I look forward to reading it every day.