How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to Say "Plumber Butt" in Japanese, and other random Sunday thoughts 4 days ago The other day I suddenly remembered the phrase 半ケツ. I’m not sure what prompted it. I mean, I have as many random sexual thoughts as your average red-blooded American male, but this was not sexual in nature…at least not completely. … Continue reading →
- How to Condolences 4 weeks ago I’m in The Japan Times again this week with an article about how to offer your condolences: “Condolences: what to say when there’s nothing you can say.” I’ve had this happen to me twice now. I detail the first one … Continue reading →
- 別れてください - How to Break up in Japanese 2 months ago I’m on the Japan Times Bilingual Page today: “To furu or furareru: In any lingo, breaking up is hard to do.” Sadly the piece is inspired by a true story. As is my MO these days, I dug deep in … Continue reading →
- After JET Conference 2016 2 months ago Hello from Narita Airport! I spent the last two days at the After JET Conference as a career consultant. The After JET Conference used to be called the Returner’s Conference, but it has since been adjusted because many JETs hope … Continue reading →
- Dropped Namedrops 3 months ago Chapter 29 has some clear changes right from the beginning: The chapter title in the Complete Works edition is “Lake, Pantyhose” while in English translation and in the original paperback it is “Lake, Masatomi Kondo, Pantyhose.” In this chapter, Watashi … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!