How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Japanese Adverb POWER RANKINGS 4 weeks ago I have a new column up on the Japan Times: “Particles create the chemistry of adjectives and adverbs.” I actually drafted a blog post along these lines (with the whole chemistry analogy) way, way, waaay back in the day (when … Continue reading →
- Cool Compound - 前世 1 month ago Hey folks, sorry I haven’t rapped at ya lately. I’m still working my way through 女のいない男たち, but it’s been slow going and has derailed my work on Hard-boiled Wonderland: I’ve only read two stories and the forward so far, and … Continue reading →
- Cool Word - やけ酒 2 months ago I have another column in the Japan Times today: “Drinking in Japan: Sober words to help you socialize.” It’s a fun column with some of the words you might encounter at a drinking party with coworkers…and an equally useful set … Continue reading →
- New Murakami Collection - "Men Without Women" 4 months ago I got the new Murakami short story collection Men Without Women in the mail today! Here are my initial impressions: - It has a great cover. The art style is simple and almost like calligraphy in effect. I especially like the inclusion … Continue reading →
- Compassion 3 months ago Chapter 17 “End of the World, Charlie Parker, Time Bomb” is a very short chapter, which is fortunate because it’s largely exposition: The scientist’s granddaughter has arrived at Watashi’s apartment, and they chat about what the grandfather must be up … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!