How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Yoshihisa Arai: Floating on Air in Chicago 4 weeks ago I’m in the Japan Times this week with a profile of a Japanese ballet dancer here in Chicago: “Yoshihisa Arai: Floating on air in Chicago.” I don’t have much to add in terms of language other than that “ballet” in … Continue reading →
- 4koma Coma 3 months ago Happy New Year! I’m in the Japan Times this week with a look at 四コマ漫画 aka 四コマ aka 4koma: “Yonkoma manga: Lives told, lessons learned in four frames.” I wrote this article before reading Nippon.com’s look at the nominees for … Continue reading →
- 差し入れ Redux 3 months ago Merry Christmas! I’m home in New Orleans and not scheduled to be back in the Japan Times until early in the New Year, so I wanted to be sure to get a December post in. I may be able to … Continue reading →
- Dazai Osamu's "Dispatch From Tokyo" 5 months ago I was in the Japan Times this week with a curated look at Aozora Bunko, a great source for public domain literature in Japanese: “Blue Sky Books is a literary treasure trove.” My encounters with Dazai Osamu on Aozora Bunko … Continue reading →
- Skulls and Songs 6 months ago Chapter 36 “Accordion” is a very short chapter in which Watashi seems to discover the secrets of the Town: it’s all part of himself. He and the Librarian are in the stacks, and she comes to the conclusion that the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!