How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- New Murakami Collection - "Men Without Women" 4 hours ago I got the new Murakami short story collection Men Without Women in the mail today! Here are my initial impressions: - It has a great cover. The art style is simple and almost like calligraphy in effect. I especially like the inclusion … Continue reading →
- Compassion 2 days ago Chapter 17 “End of the World, Charlie Parker, Time Bomb” is a very short chapter, which is fortunate because it’s largely exposition: The scientist’s granddaughter has arrived at Watashi’s apartment, and they chat about what the grandfather must be up … Continue reading →
- Needs 1 week ago Chapter 16, “The Coming of Winter,” is another nice chapter in Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World where Murakami is beginning to set up the major connections between the two parts of the novel that will play out … Continue reading →
- More Investigations 3 weeks ago Back to the real point of this blog – yeah, it’s a Murakami blog these days despite my two recent posts on the Japanese language. If you’re a new reader, here’s the idea: Haruki Murakami’s 1985 novel Hard-boiled Wonderland and … Continue reading →
- Cool Word - 触れ合う 1 month ago I’ve got another article in the Japan Times today: “Being laughed at can help your Japanese evolve.” Two months in a row! I’m on a role. But long-time readers will notice that I’ve really just mined content from two of … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!