How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Booty Call, As It Were 1 week ago Chapter 22 “Gray Smoke” is back in the End of the World. The Gatekeeper continues to burn the beasts, and Boku is blinded by the reflection of the sun off fresh snowfall. His eyes are in such pain that he … Continue reading →
- Murakami-san no tokoro 1 week ago Murakami’s new advice column/blog is online: http://www.welluneednt.com/ The site is titled 村上さんのところ (Murakami-san’s place)—pretty standard—but the domain name is curious. I was disappointed that I didn’t recognize it from the jazz standard “Well, You Needn’t,” a...
- Final Fantasy VI on iOS in Japanese 3 weeks ago I have another Bilingual page column in the Japan Times today: “The myths and misery of translating Japanese video games.” It’s sort of a redux of my post “On Translation and Me” (which was later syndicated at Kotaku) with a … Continue reading →
- The Birds and the Trees 3 weeks ago Final post for Chapter 21 “Bracelets, Ben Johnson, Devil,” the final chapter of the first half of the novel. As we’ve seen in Posts 1, 2, 3, and 4, this chapter is long and isolates Watashi and the Girl in … Continue reading →
- The Bicycle Song 3 weeks ago Happy New Year, folks. Yoroshiku and all that jazz in 2015. Apologies for the delay with the Hard-boiled Wonderland Project. Two more posts in Chapter 21 “Bracelets, Ben Johnson, Devil” and I’ll be finished with half of the novel. Here … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!