How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tanka and Competitive Karuta 4 weeks ago I’m in the Japan Times this week with a quick introduction to tanka along with some cool reading recommendations: “Tanka help Japanese express emotions.” I can’t recommend 『現代秀歌』 highly enough. As I mention in the article, it’s the collection that … Continue reading →
- June Yamagishi and Papa Grows Funk 1 month ago I remember exactly where I was when I first heard about Papa Grows Funk. I was having a drink with a high school classmate at Train Bar in Roppongi in August 2002, my first visit to Japan, and he was … Continue reading →
- Killing Killing Commendatore 2 months ago I’m in the Japan Times Bilingual page this week: “Conquering ‘Commendatore’: Murakami brandishes familiar lexicon in latest novel.” Hopefully this is the last I’ll have to deal with Killing Commendatore for a while. I didn’t really have a chance to … Continue reading →
- Cool Phrase - 一心不乱 2 months ago I have an article in a series new to the Japan Times this month, “Why Did You Leave Japan?”: “Model mixes punk with fashion on the runways of New York.” A college friend introduced me to Tsubasa Watanabe when I … Continue reading →
- Review: Murakami's Kishidanchō-goroshi (Killing Commendatore) 2 months ago My review of the new Murakami novel Killing Commendatore (騎士団長殺し) is in the Japan Times this week: “‘Killing Commendatore’: Murakami’s latest lacks inspired touch of earlier works” In short, it was not very good. I’ll be very curious to see … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!