How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cool Word - 場合 1 week ago I’m on the Japan Times Bilingual page this week: “In Japanese, mastery of the space-time continuum is just a few words away.” The intro is inspired by my first ever trip to Japan—an internship with a propeller company. I was … Continue reading →
- Confusion 2 months ago After an extended break for ten days of travel through Bavaria and Bohemia (it was excellent; see Twitter/Instagram for details), I’m back at Hard-boiled Wonderland. In Chapter 24 “Shadow Grounds,” Boku visits the Gatekeeper and then has a catch-up with … Continue reading →
- Karaoke Kotoba - 別れ 2 months ago My column is in the Japan Times Bilingual page this week: “Submitting yourself to the 50 shades of arigatō gozaimasu.” I take a look at ways to diversify your phrases of appreciation: ありがとう is great, but there are other ways … Continue reading →
- 文末 Nuggets 3 months ago @howtojapanese @japantimes @AkoKitamura always struggle with sentences like "he said she told him they were very happy". 主語と動詞が多すぎ — Brendan Hidenaga (@tintinaujapon) February 12, 2015 My March Japan Times Bilingual piece is up: “Avoiding the subject isn’t such a bad …...
- Karaoke Kotoba - いとし 3 months ago Back in the ‘90s and the early ‘00s when I first played through (parts of) FFVI, I had no idea how much the opera scene owed to karaoke culture, but now it’s totally clear. I mean, there’s a syllable for … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!