How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cool Phrase - 一心不乱 5 days ago I have an article in a series new to the Japan Times this month, “Why Did You Leave Japan?”: “Model mixes punk with fashion on the runways of New York.” A college friend introduced me to Tsubasa Watanabe when I … Continue reading →
- Review: Murakami's Kishidanchō-goroshi (Killing Commendatore) 3 weeks ago My review of the new Murakami novel Killing Commendatore (騎士団長殺し) is in the Japan Times this week: “‘Killing Commendatore’: Murakami’s latest lacks inspired touch of earlier works” In short, it was not very good. I’ll be very curious to see … Continue reading →
- Study Japanese with Netflix Closed Captioning 2 months ago I’m in the Japan Times this week with a look at the Japanese shows on Netflix that have closed captioning: “Watch, read, rewind: using Netflix to boost your Japanese.” I initially pitched this article late last year and fully intended … Continue reading →
- Playlist for Haruki Murakami's Kishidanchō goroshi (Killing Commendatore) 2 months ago I’m a little late to this game, but I’ve put together a playlist of all the music Haruki Murakami has had his characters listen to or refer to in his recent novel Kishidanchō goroshi (騎士団長殺し, Killing Commendatore). I’ll keep adding to … Continue reading →
- Kishidanchō-goroshi Release/Tease 3 months ago Kishidanchō-goroshi is out in Japan! A description of the book has appeared on the Amazon website. The description is the same for both volumes. I translated it on my Facebook page earlier today. Here it is again:...
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!