How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- I Heard That - よく出る 2 days ago Despite the fact that I work at a Japanese office, I use English most of the time. I do the occasional translation, have the occasional conversation in Japanese, and read the occasional Japanese email, but Japanese language ability was not … Continue reading →
- Pre-JET Japanese Triage 6 days ago I gave a short crash course on Japanese for departing JETs at the Consulate-General of Japan at Chicago yesterday, and I thought I would post the handout I gave everyone and add a few links and explanations. The goal of … Continue reading →
- Karaoke Kotoba - あなた 2 weeks ago I’m in the Japan Times this week: “Keep pounding away and eventually Japanese will reveal its secrets.” It’s just a little piece about how I finally figured out 使役 (しえき, causative). I mention the Yoshi Ikuzo karaoke song と・も・子, which … Continue reading →
- Cool Word - 場合 3 months ago I’m on the Japan Times Bilingual page this week: “In Japanese, mastery of the space-time continuum is just a few words away.” The intro is inspired by my first ever trip to Japan—an internship with a propeller company. I was … Continue reading →
- Confusion 3 months ago After an extended break for ten days of travel through Bavaria and Bohemia (it was excellent; see Twitter/Instagram for details), I’m back at Hard-boiled Wonderland. In Chapter 24 “Shadow Grounds,” Boku visits the Gatekeeper and then has a catch-up with … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!