How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- 股関節唇 5 days ago Just a quick post for fun. I had surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn labrum in my hip. It was my first major operation since I had a hernia repair when I was four. I was curious about how to … Continue reading →
- Oysters and Chopsticks Etiquette 2 weeks ago Hello! I’m just back from visiting Mexico for the first time. I haven’t used my Spanish for 15 years, so I was pleasantly surprised with how much I was able to understand. Need to work on the speaking part. I … Continue reading →
- Uwazumi 3 weeks ago Chapter 32 “Shadow in the Throes of Death” (死にゆく影) is a short End of the World chapter in which Boku visits his shadow who is pretending to be sicker than he actually is to trick the Gatekeeper. The shadow tries … Continue reading →
- Flesh 1 month ago Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World Chapter 31 “Fares, Police, Detergent” has many of Birnbaum’s (or his editor’s) usual cuts: – Section- and chapter-ends are often pared down to end on a better line of dialogue, a more … Continue reading →
- Cool Tongue Twister - 坊主が屏風に上手に坊主の絵を描いた 2 months ago I’m in the Japan Times Bilingual page this week: “Repetition and role-play are crucial for speaking success in Japanese.” I was stunned to see that no one had previously written about 早口言葉 (はやくちことば, tongue twisters)…as long as the search engine … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!