How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Needs 3 days ago Chapter 16, “The Coming of Winter,” is another nice chapter in Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World where Murakami is beginning to set up the major connections between the two parts of the novel that will play out … Continue reading →
- More Investigations 2 weeks ago Back to the real point of this blog – yeah, it’s a Murakami blog these days despite my two recent posts on the Japanese language. If you’re a new reader, here’s the idea: Haruki Murakami’s 1985 novel Hard-boiled Wonderland and … Continue reading →
- Cool Word - 触れ合う 3 weeks ago I’ve got another article in the Japan Times today: “Being laughed at can help your Japanese evolve.” Two months in a row! I’m on a role. But long-time readers will notice that I’ve really just mined content from two of … Continue reading →
- Cool Compound - 確認 2 months ago I’ve got an article in the Japan Times today titled “Keep calm before carrying on when speaking Japanese.” The idea for the article was prompted by a recent experience at work. One of my Japanese coworkers asked me to proofread … Continue reading →
- Weak and Uncertain 3 months ago Chapter 14 is “Woods” in the End of the World section. Appropriately, autumn ends and winter begins in this chapter. (Spoiler alert: Like the winter of 2013-14, the winter in the book never ends. Snow on the ground in the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!