How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cool Greeting - おす 3 weeks ago I’m in The Japan Times this week: “Jiko-PR gives job seekers a rare chance to brag in Japanese.” Ostensibly I introduce some 自己PR verbiage, but I really just wanted a chance to talk about エール, which is one of my … Continue reading →
- I Heard That - 別件 2 months ago The new guy at work is a loud talker, and he often powwows with the guy in the office next to mine, which has been a huge boon for my I Heard That strategy. It’s difficult to tell exactly what … Continue reading →
- 2nd JLPP Translation Competition English Quotes 2 months ago Just a quick post to share some knowledge. I’m working on my translations for the 2nd JLPP Translation Competition. It’s a little late to get started if you haven’t already, but if you’re working on 「昭和が発見したもの」, then this might be … Continue reading →
- I Heard That - よく出る 2 months ago Despite the fact that I work at a Japanese office, I use English most of the time. I do the occasional translation, have the occasional conversation in Japanese, and read the occasional Japanese email, but Japanese language ability was not … Continue reading →
- Pre-JET Japanese Triage 2 months ago I gave a short crash course on Japanese for departing JETs at the Consulate-General of Japan at Chicago yesterday, and I thought I would post the handout I gave everyone and add a few links and explanations. The goal of … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!