How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- 文末 Nuggets 3 weeks ago @howtojapanese @japantimes @AkoKitamura always struggle with sentences like "he said she told him they were very happy". 主語と動詞が多すぎ — Brendan Hidenaga (@tintinaujapon) February 12, 2015 My March Japan Times Bilingual piece is up: “Avoiding the subject isn’t such a bad …...
- Karaoke Kotoba - いとし 1 month ago Back in the ‘90s and the early ‘00s when I first played through (parts of) FFVI, I had no idea how much the opera scene owed to karaoke culture, but now it’s totally clear. I mean, there’s a syllable for … Continue reading →
- A Questionable Cut 3 months ago When I first read Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, I preferred the odd-numbered chapters with the data agent. I visited a few colleges that summer as I was reading it, and because of the book I was … Continue reading →
- Video Game Lingo - 始末 3 months ago Fucking Ultros. I just got beat down in the opera house, and I’ve realized I probably either need to A) head back to Narshe and pick up another party member, B) hope that I can still add Shadow, or C) … Continue reading →
- Cool Phrase - 〜もんか 2 months ago I’ve got an article in the Japan Times Bilingual page today about the very interesting little particle か: “‘Ka’ can help you sound less like Mr. Roboto.” For the most part か is harsh and striking (いいか?); it demands attention. … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!