How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cool Compound - 確認 1 week ago I’ve got an article in the Japan Times today titled “Keep calm before carrying on when speaking Japanese.” The idea for the article was prompted by a recent experience at work. One of my Japanese coworkers asked me to proofread … Continue reading →
- Weak and Uncertain 3 weeks ago Chapter 14 is “Woods” in the End of the World section. Appropriately, autumn ends and winter begins in this chapter. (Spoiler alert: Like the winter of 2013-14, the winter in the book never ends. Snow on the ground in the … Continue reading →
- On the Rocks 2 months ago (Photo from this cool retro blog, which I found via this excellent blog post waxing nostalgic about Japanese whiskey.) お待たせしました！ and 明けましておめでとうございます！ Apologies for the long delay between posts. Thanksgiving to New Years is a long blur, but I have,...
- The Pool 5 months ago It’s been a few weeks since the end of my Nobel series and the announcement, so I think I’m ready to start up again with my “Save the Blog!” project (which is basically the same as the Nobel project) and … Continue reading →
- Watermelons 5 months ago With the goal of stirring up even more interest in Murakami between now and the next week (or two), when the Nobel Prizes are announced, I will post a small piece of Murakami translation/analysis/revelation once a week from now until … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!