Experiences of an Expat Living in India
Latest Blog Posts »
- Gond and Baiga: A Tale of Two Tribes in Madhya Pradesh 5 months ago The ancient Baiga and Gond tribes, who traditionally dwelled in forests in central India, coexist together. However, their villages tell different stories of their prosperity.
- The Fearless Collective: Fearless in Mumbai 1 year ago Near Sassoon Dock in Mumbai, there's a magnificent mural with a powerful message that encourages women to live fearlessly. It's been created by the Fearless Collective, a group that uses art to speak out about violence against women and the sense of fear surrounding it.
- Why I Stopped Blogging (and Haven't Regretted It) 2 years ago When I moved to Mumbai in 2008, I started a blog about my life in India married to an Indian guy. At the time, there weren't many similar blogs. It was disappointing, as I was going through a huge transition and wanted to read about the experiences of people in similar situations.
- 10 Things I've Learned from 10 Years Living in India 2 years ago As I approach 10 years of living in India, I've been reflecting on my journey and what it's entailed. Starting off in Kolkata and ending in Mumbai, it's been a roller coaster of extraordinary experiences, discovery, frustration, transformation, and ultimately success.
- Tiruvannamalai and the Silence of Mount Arunachala 2 years ago There's a saying amongst spiritual seekers that it's grace alone that brings you to Tiruvannamalai and Mount Arunachala, and when the mountain calls you, you must go. Tiruvannamalai, around four hours from Chennai in Tamil Nadu, is a holy town with a distinctive dual identity.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Experiences of an Expat Living in India
15:50 PM October 13, 2012
A fantastic blog I came across before I moved here. Wonderful pictures and a unique take on the Indian expat experience.
05:31 AM December 03, 2012
This blog was like a guide & support for me before I moved to Mumbai in January and I've found myself returned several times since. All of the issues an curiosities that I had from finding a house, to dating an Indian, to politics & cultures of India & general information- nothing is out of bounds. More than a good read, the blog is like a shared discussion. Sharells thought-provoking posts stir some great discussions'& debates among readers!
09:10 AM December 12, 2012
Lovely informative blog - with a huge archive of information for the expat and cultural explorer. You can't go wrong rummaging about in here. Beautifully written and great fun