Experiences of an Expat Living in India
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Fearless Collective: Fearless in Mumbai 11 months ago Near Sassoon Dock in Mumbai, there's a magnificent mural with a powerful message that encourages women to live fearlessly. It's been created by the Fearless Collective, a group that uses art to speak out about violence against women and the sense of fear surrounding it.
- Why I Stopped Blogging (and Haven't Regretted It) 1 year ago When I moved to Mumbai in 2008, I started a blog about my life in India married to an Indian guy. At the time, there weren't many similar blogs. It was disappointing, as I was going through a huge transition and wanted to read about the experiences of people in similar situations.
- 10 Things I've Learned from 10 Years Living in India 1 year ago As I approach 10 years of living in India, I've been reflecting on my journey and what it's entailed. Starting off in Kolkata and ending in Mumbai, it's been a roller coaster of extraordinary experiences, discovery, frustration, transformation, and ultimately success.
- Tiruvannamalai and the Silence of Mount Arunachala 1 year ago There's a saying amongst spiritual seekers that it's grace alone that brings you to Tiruvannamalai and Mount Arunachala, and when the mountain calls you, you must go. Tiruvannamalai, around four hours from Chennai in Tamil Nadu, is a holy town with a distinctive dual identity.
- A Life Lesson from the Hawk and the Crow 1 year ago The crow had interrupted the hawk's morning reverie just like the noisy band had interrupted mine. It was a daring and bold move. The hawk is a powerful bird. Smaller birds were usually scared of it. What would it do to the crow in response to such irritation?
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Experiences of an Expat Living in India
15:50 PM October 13, 2012
A fantastic blog I came across before I moved here. Wonderful pictures and a unique take on the Indian expat experience.
05:31 AM December 03, 2012
This blog was like a guide & support for me before I moved to Mumbai in January and I've found myself returned several times since. All of the issues an curiosities that I had from finding a house, to dating an Indian, to politics & cultures of India & general information- nothing is out of bounds. More than a good read, the blog is like a shared discussion. Sharells thought-provoking posts stir some great discussions'& debates among readers!
09:10 AM December 12, 2012
Lovely informative blog - with a huge archive of information for the expat and cultural explorer. You can't go wrong rummaging about in here. Beautifully written and great fun