Experiences of an Expat Living in India
Latest Blog Posts »
- How Doing a TEDx Talk Taught Me I Don't Have to be Perfect 4 months ago There’s a good reason why I became a writer and not an actor. Although I can be deceptively outgoing and […]
- Gond and Baiga: A Tale of Two Tribes in Madhya Pradesh 9 months ago The ancient Baiga and Gond tribes, who traditionally dwelled in forests in central India, coexist together. However, their villages tell different stories of their prosperity.
- The Fearless Collective: Fearless in Mumbai 2 years ago Near Sassoon Dock in Mumbai, there's a magnificent mural with a powerful message that encourages women to live fearlessly. It's been created by the Fearless Collective, a group that uses art to speak out about violence against women and the sense of fear surrounding it.
- Why I Stopped Blogging (and Haven't Regretted It) 2 years ago When I moved to Mumbai in 2008, I started a blog about my life in India married to an Indian guy. At the time, there weren't many similar blogs. It was disappointing, as I was going through a huge transition and wanted to read about the experiences of people in similar situations.
- 10 Things I've Learned from 10 Years Living in India 2 years ago As I approach 10 years of living in India, I've been reflecting on my journey and what it's entailed. Starting off in Kolkata and ending in Mumbai, it's been a roller coaster of extraordinary experiences, discovery, frustration, transformation, and ultimately success.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Experiences of an Expat Living in India
15:50 PM October 13, 2012
A fantastic blog I came across before I moved here. Wonderful pictures and a unique take on the Indian expat experience.
05:31 AM December 03, 2012
This blog was like a guide & support for me before I moved to Mumbai in January and I've found myself returned several times since. All of the issues an curiosities that I had from finding a house, to dating an Indian, to politics & cultures of India & general information- nothing is out of bounds. More than a good read, the blog is like a shared discussion. Sharells thought-provoking posts stir some great discussions'& debates among readers!
09:10 AM December 12, 2012
Lovely informative blog - with a huge archive of information for the expat and cultural explorer. You can't go wrong rummaging about in here. Beautifully written and great fun