Latest Blog Posts »
- It Takes a Visitor 1 week ago Amazing how it takes a visitor, with a fresh set of eyes, to restore one’s feeling of excitement about where one lives. This was our experience in New York whenever we took out-of-town visitors to little-known tourist attractions, out-of-the-way restaurants, or the best hole-in-the-wall jazz...
- Reading the Sunday Papers 2 weeks ago I usually get through reading the Sunday edition of O Globo, Rio’s version of The New York Times, in about an hour. There are lots of sections, but I can never find more than two or three stories of any compelling interest. The rest are just regurgitations of what’s been going on all...
- A Little Fishing Village 3 weeks ago The famous Three Fishermen, by C. MottaB
- Americanisms in Portuguese (Part 2) 2 months ago Last week I talked about the English words and expressions that have been seeping into the Portuguese language, and which have been warmly embraced by most Brazilians. But don’t think it’s all moonlight and roses. Plenty of Brazilians find themselves on the other side of the linguistic...
- Americanisms in Portuguese (Part 1) 3 months ago For years now the defenders of the French language, the Acad
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Tropical Daydreams has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!