Latest Blog Posts »
- The Visa Application Saga Update 1 day ago I applied for further leave to remain back in April only to have my application rejected on account of my own stupidity. I forgot to check a box saying I hadn't committed any war crimes, you can read about it in my previous visa related post The Visa Application Saga. As you can imagine the whole...
- The White Queen | Birth of a Max Irons Fan Girl 2 days ago Last night the first episode of BBC's The White Queen, 'In Love with the King' aired on BBC One. The ten-part drama series in based on Philippa Gregory's series of novels known collectively as The Cousins' War which includes The White Queen, The Red Queen, and The Kingmaker's Daughter. The...
- Curry - the nation's favourite dish 4 days ago If I were to ask you to name some quintessentially English dishes, I don't think curry would be the first thing to spring to mind. Fish and chips? Yes. Yorkshire puddings? Yes. Curry? No. But today English cuisine is
- Read-Think-Talk 1 week ago Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen It has been 10 days since The Quintessentially English Jane Austen Book Club started with Jane Austen's first published novel Sense and Sensibility.
- A Weekend With Friends 2 weeks ago I spent this past weekend doing exactly what one should do on weekends, hanging out with friends and relaxing! Saturday was not only the start of The Quintessentially English Jane Austen Book Club but an evening I've been looking forward to for the past month, Cluedo Night! Cluedo (or Clue as...
Contest Entries »
- HELP! There is an American in the front garden! Expat Culture Shock It is the summer of 2009 and after leaving France I am spending a month living in England with my boyfriend’s mum and step-dad before heading back to America. Today my boyfriend’s parents are at work and he has gone into town to get his hair...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Quintessentially English
13:01 PM October 12, 2012
Love this blog!!!
14:52 PM October 12, 2012
Love the blog!!! Makes me wanna move!
15:52 PM October 12, 2012
This blog is awesome!!!!!
16:15 PM October 12, 2012
She totally captures what it is to be an American overseas! Great blog!
19:00 PM October 12, 2012
The reason Erin's blog is interesting is because it's real. It's not about other people or faraway made up experiences but a unique and genuine perspective on being an expat which came about not because of a desire to experience new things but because Erin fell in love with someone 5,000 miles away and embraced it
01:20 AM October 13, 2012
Erin has a way of capturing your attention while vividly keeping you entertained through her creative writing style. The true events and experiences it is based on leaves you intrigued no matter what your nationality is. Love this blog!
03:11 AM October 13, 2012
I love Erin's blog. She is enjoying her life's journey and it is fun to read along. Her writings take me to places I may never see. She shares her experiences so her readers can enjoy them too.
23:35 PM October 13, 2012
Erin's blog beautifully captures the expat experience. She expresses the challenges and charm of following your hear, wherever that may be!
22:56 PM October 14, 2012
Great blog. Always check in on a regular basis - gives me a taste of home plus I enjoy Erin's writing style. Love following her unique expat journey. Good job!
12:13 PM October 30, 2012
super nice!great work!
14:17 PM November 26, 2012
It's interesting to see England through a different pair of eyes! I love the personal touch Erin gives with every post. Overall, a fun to read and exciting Blog!!