Latest Blog Posts »
- A Warm Body 3 months ago With Panama’s unemployment rate at an impressive 4%, I’ve come to appreciate just having a warm body. A couple of months ago I decided to hire a personal trainer and asked for recommendations via a robust expat Facebook group. Only send me your best referrals, I requested. I only want to...
- I Miss My Desk Job 4 months ago This afternoon around 2:30 pm, when I finally arrived at the treadmill in my building’s gym, I missed my desk job. Don’t get me wrong — I didn’t miss the tedious contract, email and other document drafting and review that filled the bulk load of my legal career. I didn’t miss sitting...
- Culture Creep 6 months ago Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I’m finally becoming a real Panamanian. How can I tell? On my way to an appointment last week, I stopped for lunch at Deli Gourmet. I buy chicken salad and a bag of platanitos con limon, which I love, love, love and immediately scarf down. Still...
- Notes on My One Year Panama Anniversary 7 months ago “There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” – Rumi One year ago I moved to Panama on a whim. When Mom fell and fractured her hip, I immediately flew from San Francisco to Panama to be with her. While visiting for two weeks I received what I now refer to as […]
- The Top 8 Ways Living in Panama Can Make You Sexier 10 months ago Panama consistently appears on lists of top places to live since it rates high as a retirement haven. But did you know moving to Panama provides all of the elements to make you sexier — to transform you from humdrum to Don Juan? Yes, our special mix of central geography, developing economy...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 8 Ways Living in Panama Can Make You Sexier Writing Contest March 2013 Panama consistently appears on lists of top places to live since it rates high as a retirement haven. But did you know moving to Panama provides all of the elements to make you sexier -- to transform you from humdrum to Don Juan? Yes, our special...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Panama Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 26 reviews on Panama Guy
00:23 AM October 12, 2012
Yes, love it!
02:24 AM October 12, 2012
The stories on Laura's blog are humorous, well-written and never disappoint. It's not just a blog,but funny, touching and quirky peak into navigating the in's and out's of her new home PTY-Panama! If you read close enough,her stories reveal Laura's plucky personality! After reading one of her posts, I always have a smile on my face and in my heart.
05:18 AM October 12, 2012
i can't wait for the next entry.
07:27 AM October 12, 2012
I love your blogs & update. It makes it feel like you are not far away! Miss you!
13:55 PM October 12, 2012
Your blog brings me back to my homeland.
14:15 PM October 12, 2012
Love your stories... I usually relax and laugh reading your posts ... :) Keep going!
16:07 PM October 12, 2012
With pleasure I've been quickly drawn in to Laura's fluid stories of her new family life in Panama. Candid and quirky, these blog entries are infused with wry observations on the authors shifting physical and emotional landscape.
16:24 PM October 12, 2012
01:10 AM October 13, 2012
Funny, refreshing and very pure. Love her writing style!
00:06 AM October 14, 2012
Funny, honest, and in real time! You got to love it! But then, I am her mom.
22:25 PM October 15, 2012
Love, love, love reading about Laura's adventures (and mis-adventures). She has a gift of storytelling. Not only do you get a hefty dose of what it's like to live in Panama City, but you also get to witness her own personal evolution as she experiences living in another culture.
07:04 AM October 16, 2012
I look forward to every one of Laura's new posts. Each story is a fascinating snapshot and reflection of her family and the daily adventure that is living in Panama. I especially love hearing what grounds her and what (tries to!) uproot her as she thoughtfully journeys through life.
21:30 PM October 23, 2012
Delightful and REAL - I love it, Laura!
03:53 AM November 21, 2012
Laura's blog posts are so much fun and such inspiration. Transparent, genuine, humoristic, well-written, interesting, daring... It has it all. I don't watch TV, but I do enjoy following the episodes of Laura's life in Panama. Please continue. Or move back to San Francisco!
19:46 PM November 25, 2012
Laura's blog is a fun and interesting read! I'm looking forward to more posts.
15:02 PM December 04, 2012
Love this Guy! Her stories take you to the spot, so fun to read... specially while I'm in the mid west!
15:06 PM December 04, 2012
Always enjoy reading Laura's blog, puts a big smile on my face! Keep up the great writing!
15:39 PM December 04, 2012
Great job Laura, each and everyone of your stories make my day. Your humor can change someone's mood, & I am very glad I can read them.
15:47 PM December 04, 2012
Such a pleasure to read for its honest perspective on a new phase of life and a fresh look at a new/old home. Funny and insightful, it's a bright spot in my web reading!
16:47 PM December 04, 2012
Before Laura's blog I had Panama on my "skip it" list of places to visit. Seeing the country through her eyes has completely changed my perspective. Her related stories on navigating the challenges of aging parents are relevant to all of us in similar situations. Great job Laura!
17:27 PM December 04, 2012
Hilarious. Always on the edge of my seat!
18:58 PM December 04, 2012
I simply LOVE this blog. Its refreshing, thought-provoking, at times deep and at times absolutely hilarious. But whatever the tone, its always full of real meaning. Each one of Laura's escapades and observations brings us face-to-face with some real predicament in life, many of which usually go undiscussed. It's almost like the cast of Seinfeld goes to Panama. I love following Laura's adventures, and I think that with this blog, she's found her true calling.
20:21 PM December 04, 2012
Love reading your blog! It's real and heartfelt!
20:51 PM December 04, 2012
Laura's stories are fascinating and insightful, not to mention humorous! Keep writing, Laura! This blog is excellent!
04:29 AM December 05, 2012
From the heart to the heart - Laura's words are impactful, sharp, honest, poetic, and always leave me smiling in some way, if not inspired. Thank you!
04:52 AM December 05, 2012
Every post is absolutely wonderful and I look forward to reading the next one. Her Panamanian adventures are told with such wry humor, I can't help but smile. Keep the stories coming!