Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
Latest Blog Posts »
- The World Got Small 11 months ago If you read this blog, you know that when our expat experience in the Netherlands came to a close in 2014, I felt like the doors of the world had shut in my face. It was worse than the worst … Continue reading →
- Going Back (to Your Furniture) 1 year ago The other day I went to a secondhand shop in Cambridge and saw a piece of furniture I used to own. It was a stingingly cold day and I was looking for a small bookcase to sit in the kitchen … Continue reading →
- Finding 1 year ago I write a lot of things down. In journals, when I feel disciplined; in random notebooks I buy because I like the covers; on loose scraps of paper and receipts and whatever was at hand when a thought struck. The … Continue reading →
- Je ne comprends pas 1 year ago When I told people that Tim and I signed up for a beginners’ French class, I got some wary responses. “Why?” was a common one, perhaps alluding to the “who has time” as well as the “do you need it” … Continue reading →
- The Coming of Fall 1 year ago It is September 2, and summer is over. Although the calendar may tell you that summer turns autumn on September 21, in the United States summer is generally understood to conclude over the first weekend in September–Labor Day Weekend–going out … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Long Way Home Writing Contest October 2012 In February of 2010, my husband and I (then 30 and 28, respectively) went out to dinner with two American couples who were supposed to help us decide if we wanted to move from the United States to Delft, the Netherlands. One member of each couple...
- The Top "Views of Delft" Expat Blog Awards 2013 On a rainy day of the Dutch variety, I led a group of American college students on a three-hour tour of Delft. “Can you take us to the spot,” their professor asked me, “where Vermeer painted View of Delft?” I looked at the students. They...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
15:29 PM October 13, 2012
Have been following this blog for some time as it is written by a friend, who also happens to be a superb writer. Always makes me wish I were there. She has keen and lovely insights into the world around her.