Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Carrera Divina Pastora 10K, Valencia 2 weeks ago I am susceptible to advertising. Last month at the expo for the Amsterdam Half Marathon, I picked up a free magazine of race calendars and ads. I was flipping through it at home when a race photo caught my eye.
- Still Cycling 2 weeks ago I often see Dutch culture and the city of Amsterdam misrepresented in American media. (“Amsterdam?” someone asked me once. “Is it OK to bring kids there?”) I can only believe I missed the NYTimes article on Amsterdam drowning in a … Continue reading →
- Grocery Store Stampede 2 months ago The last couple times I was in the C1000 (a medium-size chain grocery store by US standards—pretty big over here) in Delft, I noticed that some of the shelves were low on stock and didn’t seem to be getting replenished. … Continue reading →
- Enjoying the Water in Ventimiglia and Rochetta Nervina 3 months ago It’s a fall early morning, and we’re in that part of the year where we’re beginning to pay for those long, long summer days. Every day when we get out of bed we think the clock must be wrong, because … Continue reading →
- The Brew Thickens 3 months ago Counter space is at a premium in this apartment right now. And some of us are in a perpetual state of over-caffeination, from trying out… the new espresso machine. When we moved to Europe, I didn’t care for espresso, unless … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Long Way Home Writing Contest October 2012 In February of 2010, my husband and I (then 30 and 28, respectively) went out to dinner with two American couples who were supposed to help us decide if we wanted to move from the United States to Delft, the Netherlands. One member of each couple...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
15:29 PM October 13, 2012
Have been following this blog for some time as it is written by a friend, who also happens to be a superb writer. Always makes me wish I were there. She has keen and lovely insights into the world around her.