Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Semi de Paris 2014 5 days ago I signed up for the Semi de Paris (Paris Half Marathon) on the day it opened. I was still on my runner’s high from Dam tot Dam and thinking that since my ten-miler had gone so well, I needed to … Continue reading →
- 100 Objects and the Bucket List 2 weeks ago With just over two months on our move-clock, I’ve been trying to come up with a bucket list. Can we fit in a weekend getaway? Is there something we’ve been meaning to do for four years? Why is the calendar … Continue reading →
- Four Years Later 2 months ago Four years ago this month, we visited Delft for the first time. It had snowed, which I now know is unusual. It was Carnival, and there were adults in strange costumes, and we couldn’t find too many options for breakfast … Continue reading →
- January Resolutions 3 months ago Squeaking in on the last day of the first month of the year I keep typing as “2013,” I’d like to muse a bit on resolutions for the coming year. It’s not so much a finger-waving to-do list of tasks … Continue reading →
- Paris Alone 3 months ago A couple years ago I wrote a post about traveling alone in Barcelona. It wasn’t a very long experience, and I wasn’t totally comfortable. The first time I traveled alone, I had fun during the day, but as soon as … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Long Way Home Writing Contest October 2012 In February of 2010, my husband and I (then 30 and 28, respectively) went out to dinner with two American couples who were supposed to help us decide if we wanted to move from the United States to Delft, the Netherlands. One member of each couple...
- The Top "Views of Delft" Expat Blog Awards 2013 On a rainy day of the Dutch variety, I led a group of American college students on a three-hour tour of Delft. “Can you take us to the spot,” their professor asked me, “where Vermeer painted View of Delft?” I looked at the students. They...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
15:29 PM October 13, 2012
Have been following this blog for some time as it is written by a friend, who also happens to be a superb writer. Always makes me wish I were there. She has keen and lovely insights into the world around her.