Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
Latest Blog Posts »
- IS it just like riding a bike? 3 days ago On Friday I rode my bicycle to the grocery store for the first time in the US. In contrast to my previous three-minute flit to Jumbo or Albert Heijn, this ride was 2.5 miles each way–but at rush hour to a busy, … Continue reading →
- Festas, fiestas, and a little Italian heat 4 weeks ago One effect of Boston’s summer heat is that it makes me feel like I’m on vacation. Delft’s seasons don’t run as hot and cold, and there weren’t many genuine shorts-and-tank-top days (by my reading, not the TU Delft undergrad-girl reading) … Continue reading →
- Two Halves Make 2 months ago I’m in a brewpub called Hopster’s for the second day in a row, during working hours (but I’m working… see?). The banners out front instruct me to “Keep Calm and Watch the World Cup Here”— two pieces of advice that … Continue reading →
- This is life. 3 months ago “What’re you working on over there?” the guy at the Starbucks asks after I’ve taken up space for three hours. “I’m a writer,” I say (I’m working on not-self-deprecating). “I’m working on a novel.” “Cool,” he says. “Have you written anything I … Continue reading →
- Yoga Pants 3 months ago I’d been mulling over a post on cultural differences being back in the US when I realized that some of these lifestyle elements needed posts of their own, beginning with: yoga pants. After a few days in Delaware, Tim asked me … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Long Way Home Writing Contest October 2012 In February of 2010, my husband and I (then 30 and 28, respectively) went out to dinner with two American couples who were supposed to help us decide if we wanted to move from the United States to Delft, the Netherlands. One member of each couple...
- The Top "Views of Delft" Expat Blog Awards 2013 On a rainy day of the Dutch variety, I led a group of American college students on a three-hour tour of Delft. “Can you take us to the spot,” their professor asked me, “where Vermeer painted View of Delft?” I looked at the students. They...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
15:29 PM October 13, 2012
Have been following this blog for some time as it is written by a friend, who also happens to be a superb writer. Always makes me wish I were there. She has keen and lovely insights into the world around her.