Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Alghero 5 days ago With Europe slipping through our fingers, we had one weekend clear for a last getaway. One weekend on the calendar without plans scrawled across, and it was the last weekend in March. We ran through a few destinations, leaning toward … Continue reading →
- The One-Month Mark 3 weeks ago Spring is returning to the Netherlands (in fits and starts). The train between Delft and Amsterdam passes some of the famous flower fields of Holland, and on a recent trip I participated in the collective “oh” as the perfect rows … Continue reading →
- The Box 1 month ago I used to be good at moving. Tonight Tim went out (to something we were both supposed to attend, but I wasn’t feeling well) but left me home with five fresh boxes he bought at the hardware store. They’re labeled … Continue reading →
- The Semi de Paris 2014 1 month ago I signed up for the Semi de Paris (Paris Half Marathon) on the day it opened. I was still on my runner’s high from Dam tot Dam and thinking that since my ten-miler had gone so well, I needed to … Continue reading →
- 100 Objects and the Bucket List 2 months ago With just over two months on our move-clock, I’ve been trying to come up with a bucket list. Can we fit in a weekend getaway? Is there something we’ve been meaning to do for four years? Why is the calendar … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Long Way Home Writing Contest October 2012 In February of 2010, my husband and I (then 30 and 28, respectively) went out to dinner with two American couples who were supposed to help us decide if we wanted to move from the United States to Delft, the Netherlands. One member of each couple...
- The Top "Views of Delft" Expat Blog Awards 2013 On a rainy day of the Dutch variety, I led a group of American college students on a three-hour tour of Delft. “Can you take us to the spot,” their professor asked me, “where Vermeer painted View of Delft?” I looked at the students. They...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Unquiet Time - Because life is loud.
15:29 PM October 13, 2012
Have been following this blog for some time as it is written by a friend, who also happens to be a superb writer. Always makes me wish I were there. She has keen and lovely insights into the world around her.