Latest Blog Posts »
- Is There a Difference Between Adults and Kids Living Abroad? 1 week ago Someone wrote to me this week that there is no difference between adults and children living abroad in different cultures. I am sorry but I cannot agree with this statement because it just is not true. There are many things that are the same:Both adults and children can experience a culture shock...
- Reporting from EuroTCK in Germany 3 weeks ago I am very privileged to be able to attend the Euro TCK conference in Germany at the moment. I will try and share some of the information I am hearing here. I have never been in a place where there are so many people interested in third culture kids and so many workshops about all kinds of topics...
- Just the Right Book if You are Dreaming of a Portable Career 1 month ago "Harness the winds of change for yourself and use them to sail to your next career destination".This is just one of the great quotes in the 4th edition of A Career in Your Suitcase by Jo Parfitt and Colleen Reichrath-Smith. I am interested in this book even though I am not a trailing spouse but I...
- Easter twitter update all about kids growing up in other cultures 2 months ago My last twitter update was in March 2012 so it's time to keep you posted with some nice new links. I always hope that you find new interesting information here on this blog and that it motivates you to return again some time soon. If you follow me on twitter @DrieCulturen you will get the news...
- Guestblog "An Ode to the Third Culture Kids" by Casey 2 months ago Recently I discovered a very interesting blog called True Colours. It's a lovely blog written by Casey. She loves traveling and has beautiful photos on her blog, you should have a look. I just fell in love with her Ode to Third Culture Kids. I am so glad Casey agreed to let me share it with you...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 13 reviews on DrieCulturen
16:51 PM October 26, 2012
I have only heard about Third Culture Kids because of Janneke's blog and found it a fascinating topic! Janneke tackles both the bright and the dark side of being an expat and I love her thoughtful, fascinating posts!
06:46 AM November 05, 2012
This a really amazing blog. I have been reading it already for quite some time now. And so has my oldest daughter (18) This blog gets me insights on subjects which are still interesting to me as an ex-expat. I was born and lived until I was 5 in South-Korea. My daughters were born and raised in Belgium, Poland, Japan and the US. We have been back in the Netherlands for a little over 8 years now. Some of the things we have been through...these are the things I recognize in her writing. This blog has also helped my daughter find her way as a TCK and recognize her feelings... Keep up the good work Janneke!!
13:27 PM November 07, 2012
Janneke's blog is fascinating and gives a completely different viewpoint to life in the Netherlands. A great read.
20:41 PM November 29, 2012
Great blog highlighting TCKs - I have been following for over a year and it's really a refreshing insight into a TCKs perspective on being an expat!
01:09 AM December 06, 2012
An excellent, informative blog which is fast becoming a notable resource for Third Culture Kid information.
11:03 AM December 06, 2012
I love insights on TCK and all the stories + letters when teenagers and young people share their experience
13:59 PM December 06, 2012
I have found Janneke to be so helpful with raising my three TCKs. She has reviewed books, interviewed other expat parents and TCKs, and has shared from her own experience. With all of this, she gives insight and wisdom.
14:38 PM December 06, 2012
I've learned a lot from Janneke's Blog... I'm a rookie when it comes to raising TCKs, so, I'm always searching for new & updated sources of information, tips, shared experiences from other parents and expats. It's and interesting and involving blog, and I'm glad to see her nominated over here!
20:19 PM December 06, 2012
I was delighted when I found this great blog. I find Janneke'e perspective insightful. I especially found her writing about supporting the TCK community and particularly TCK youth to be important and informative. We have featured this blog on Sea Change Mentoring's website with the hope that others can discover the blog and be helped by its insights!
21:08 PM December 06, 2012
I absolutely love DrieCulturen blogs. I read them regularly and find comfort, understanding, and validation of my experiences as a TCK. It's great to be 'connected' again. I don't always review blogs ... I just enjoy reading them. :-) DrieCulturen definitely deserves the award!!!!
07:21 AM December 07, 2012
Yes DrieCulturen deserves the award! This is a valuable source of knowledge and stories and I know many people have been introduced to the TCK topic through this blog. I admire Janneke for the passionate persistence with which she gathers sources & updates.
17:13 PM December 07, 2012
Best Third Culture Kid (TCK) blog around, bar none. Seriously.
18:10 PM December 11, 2012
Being a TCK myself, I find this blog very interesting. It deserves the award!