Dubai's Desperate Housewife
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expat friends reunited 11 hours ago Don’t you just hate it when your child makes a BFF and then said friend disappears off to Hong Kong / Saudi / Singapore / back home and you end up spending every bedtime for the next year wiping tears from the lashes of a child who can’t understand? DS made a best friend before...
- Silent Sunday: The flame tree 1 day ago
- The mum without the car seats 5 days ago It’s lovely, isn’t it, when your children start to make proper friends at school. I love that first sign of independence when they tell you they want to go home from school with a friend for a play date, and they don’t mind that you won’t be there to pick them up or go with...
- Birthday presents for an eight-year-old girl 1 week ago I thought I’d write a post about this given the number of mums who texted me before DD’s birthday to ask what she might like. Obviously, all girls are different but here are the gifts that went down well with DD: -
- Silent Sunday: The box 1 week ago
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in United Arab Emirates!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Dubai's Desperate Housewife
07:43 AM October 23, 2012
Absolutely my most favourite blog in Dubai and a must read. She's funny, creative and a superb blogger. Keeps me and a few of us in Dubai and around entertained.
16:13 PM December 03, 2012
Fab blog. Such an amusing take on life in Dubai.
16:28 PM December 03, 2012
The only blog worth reading in Dubai. She managed to say exactly what everyone is thinking and she always makes me smile. Brilliant. A star!
17:01 PM December 03, 2012
She has a massive following and for good reason. Happy to give my vote.
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Very witty blog that always raises a smile
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Only Dubai Desperate Housewife can make the most trivial yet topical subjects a joy to read with bundles of wit thrown in. I always look forward to her posts.
17:51 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog
17:54 PM December 03, 2012
This is far and away my favourite blog. It makes me guffaw on a regular basis and ihas such fabulous observations. Love it!
22:15 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog always puts a smile on my face, even since moving back to the UK it reminds me of all the 'Dubainess' I miss so much. Keep it up!
00:01 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog, very funny and smart!!!
04:23 AM December 04, 2012
Always spot on in terms of Dubai and its quirks. Annabel manages the perfect measure of humour. Love her writing!
04:39 AM December 04, 2012
Very entertaining and never fails to amuse me!
15:18 PM December 08, 2012
A brilliant blog! She feels like a friend who just knows! Sometimes I feel she has a secret camera watching me! It is always so spot on and so well written.
18:13 PM February 25, 2013
Although I have never been to Dubai, she captures the essence of what it is to be an expat! But what I love best about her blog is her honest and witty humour about parenting! Absolutely bloody brilliant! She delivers everytime!