Dubai's Desperate Housewife
Latest Blog Posts »
- Silent Sunday - The shrinking parking space 18 hours ago
- "There's nothing worse than 'Fashion Mum'!" 5 days ago So I was flicking through my Twitter feed at breakfast this morning when DD loomed behind me (see what I did there?). Someone had re-Tweeted a pic of some Autumn-Winter ‘14 looks from a shop I never set foot in: H&M. (The fact that I don’t ever set foot in H&M is probably the reason […]
- 10 things I learned this summer 6 days ago Before the summer is but a dim and distant memory, here’s one last, retrospective post. Things I learned this summer: Children on a plane will always ask you how long till lunch. Children on a plane will always ask you what’s for lunch. When travelling with more than one suitcase, divide...
- Silent Sunday: The spa pant 1 week ago
- A home truth about swimming 1 week ago ‘Why do you make me go swimming if you don’t like it yourself?’ DD asked me this morning. ‘I love swimming!’ I said. ‘No you don’t. You never swim properly,’ she said. ‘You just float about on my noodle trying not to get your hair wet.’ ‘Ah,’ I said. ‘Good point. I do...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: United Arab Emirates Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in United Arab Emirates!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Dubai's Desperate Housewife
07:43 AM October 23, 2012
Absolutely my most favourite blog in Dubai and a must read. She's funny, creative and a superb blogger. Keeps me and a few of us in Dubai and around entertained.
16:13 PM December 03, 2012
Fab blog. Such an amusing take on life in Dubai.
16:28 PM December 03, 2012
The only blog worth reading in Dubai. She managed to say exactly what everyone is thinking and she always makes me smile. Brilliant. A star!
17:01 PM December 03, 2012
She has a massive following and for good reason. Happy to give my vote.
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Very witty blog that always raises a smile
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Only Dubai Desperate Housewife can make the most trivial yet topical subjects a joy to read with bundles of wit thrown in. I always look forward to her posts.
17:51 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog
17:54 PM December 03, 2012
This is far and away my favourite blog. It makes me guffaw on a regular basis and ihas such fabulous observations. Love it!
22:15 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog always puts a smile on my face, even since moving back to the UK it reminds me of all the 'Dubainess' I miss so much. Keep it up!
00:01 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog, very funny and smart!!!
04:23 AM December 04, 2012
Always spot on in terms of Dubai and its quirks. Annabel manages the perfect measure of humour. Love her writing!
04:39 AM December 04, 2012
Very entertaining and never fails to amuse me!
15:18 PM December 08, 2012
A brilliant blog! She feels like a friend who just knows! Sometimes I feel she has a secret camera watching me! It is always so spot on and so well written.
18:13 PM February 25, 2013
Although I have never been to Dubai, she captures the essence of what it is to be an expat! But what I love best about her blog is her honest and witty humour about parenting! Absolutely bloody brilliant! She delivers everytime!