Dubai's Desperate Housewife
Latest Blog Posts »
- The senior school tour 5 days ago I took DD to look around a senior school the other day. It was the first time I’ve set foot in a senior school since I was, well, in senior school myself. And that was (unfortunately I’m not exaggerating) decades ago. I’d forgotten how much teenagers know; how much stuff they learn at school....
- The Dubai Rugby 7s 1 week ago I took the children to the Family Day at the Dubai Rugby 7s last week. It was the first time I’ve been to the rugby in 10 years. A decade ago, the Sevens for me involved little rugby, a lot of beer and a lot of crazy dancing at the concert after. I can’t tell […]
- Words we don't say 2 weeks ago The other day DS gets whacked by a football while playing with DD in the garden. ‘Ow, my balls!’ he yells. ‘What did you say?’ I can’t quite believe my ears. He was in my tummy five years ago. ‘Ow, my balls?’ says DS, the picture of innocence. It’s not a word he’s heard at […]
- Taylor Swift for mums 3 weeks ago DS is an early riser. At first, when he was a baby and used to wake at 5 or 5.30am, I used to comfort myself with the thought that he’d grow out of it; that as soon as he went to nursery / went to school / got older, he’d start to wake at a […]
- Why we mums are The Cat in the Hat 3 weeks ago Having never really appreciated Dr Seuss’ books as a child, I’ve recently developed a love of his mind-expanding rhymes and anapaestic tetrameter as I explore his books with DS. And, as we were reading The Cat in the Hat for the umpteenth time the other night, something resonated with me. On...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: United Arab Emirates Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in United Arab Emirates!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Dubai's Desperate Housewife
07:43 AM October 23, 2012
Absolutely my most favourite blog in Dubai and a must read. She's funny, creative and a superb blogger. Keeps me and a few of us in Dubai and around entertained.
16:13 PM December 03, 2012
Fab blog. Such an amusing take on life in Dubai.
16:28 PM December 03, 2012
The only blog worth reading in Dubai. She managed to say exactly what everyone is thinking and she always makes me smile. Brilliant. A star!
17:01 PM December 03, 2012
She has a massive following and for good reason. Happy to give my vote.
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Very witty blog that always raises a smile
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Only Dubai Desperate Housewife can make the most trivial yet topical subjects a joy to read with bundles of wit thrown in. I always look forward to her posts.
17:51 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog
17:54 PM December 03, 2012
This is far and away my favourite blog. It makes me guffaw on a regular basis and ihas such fabulous observations. Love it!
22:15 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog always puts a smile on my face, even since moving back to the UK it reminds me of all the 'Dubainess' I miss so much. Keep it up!
00:01 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog, very funny and smart!!!
04:23 AM December 04, 2012
Always spot on in terms of Dubai and its quirks. Annabel manages the perfect measure of humour. Love her writing!
04:39 AM December 04, 2012
Very entertaining and never fails to amuse me!
15:18 PM December 08, 2012
A brilliant blog! She feels like a friend who just knows! Sometimes I feel she has a secret camera watching me! It is always so spot on and so well written.
18:13 PM February 25, 2013
Although I have never been to Dubai, she captures the essence of what it is to be an expat! But what I love best about her blog is her honest and witty humour about parenting! Absolutely bloody brilliant! She delivers everytime!