Dubai's Desperate Housewife
Latest Blog Posts »
- Welcome to Question Time! 3 days ago One thing they never tell you about becoming a parent is how you suddenly have to negotiate life while answering a constant stream of questions. Whatever you’re doing as a mum, whether it’s filling in passport renewal forms, working, driving at 120kph, meeting the financial advisor, having a...
- On meeting your ex-obstetrician 4 days ago Today I ran into the doctor who delivered DS by C-section. That lady is forever ingrained on my soul because she gave me a healthy baby with an Apgar score of 9/10. This is in contrast to DD, who came out the natural route under a different doctor and nearly died. DD’s Apgar was 2/10, […]
- The dreaded ECA (extra-curricular activity) 5 days ago To get the record straight before we even start this story: I’m not one of those over-achieving mums who lives their lives vicariously through their kids. You know: the ones whose kids go after school to Arabic classes, tap-dancing, horse-riding, tennis, swimming, hip-hop, gymnastics, Arabic...
- Silent Sunday - Happy 42nd birthday UAE 6 days ago
- Happy Expo 2020 day! 1 week ago So this morning, as the whole of Dubai celebrated en masse at winning the right to host Expo 2020, two small children stood in my bedroom and cried. Real tears. At 6.30am. (I hope I don’t need to add that they were my children.) “Why is school cancelled? I want to go to school!” wailed […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: United Arab Emirates Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in United Arab Emirates!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Dubai's Desperate Housewife
07:43 AM October 23, 2012
Absolutely my most favourite blog in Dubai and a must read. She's funny, creative and a superb blogger. Keeps me and a few of us in Dubai and around entertained.
16:13 PM December 03, 2012
Fab blog. Such an amusing take on life in Dubai.
16:28 PM December 03, 2012
The only blog worth reading in Dubai. She managed to say exactly what everyone is thinking and she always makes me smile. Brilliant. A star!
17:01 PM December 03, 2012
She has a massive following and for good reason. Happy to give my vote.
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Very witty blog that always raises a smile
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Only Dubai Desperate Housewife can make the most trivial yet topical subjects a joy to read with bundles of wit thrown in. I always look forward to her posts.
17:51 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog
17:54 PM December 03, 2012
This is far and away my favourite blog. It makes me guffaw on a regular basis and ihas such fabulous observations. Love it!
22:15 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog always puts a smile on my face, even since moving back to the UK it reminds me of all the 'Dubainess' I miss so much. Keep it up!
00:01 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog, very funny and smart!!!
04:23 AM December 04, 2012
Always spot on in terms of Dubai and its quirks. Annabel manages the perfect measure of humour. Love her writing!
04:39 AM December 04, 2012
Very entertaining and never fails to amuse me!
15:18 PM December 08, 2012
A brilliant blog! She feels like a friend who just knows! Sometimes I feel she has a secret camera watching me! It is always so spot on and so well written.
18:13 PM February 25, 2013
Although I have never been to Dubai, she captures the essence of what it is to be an expat! But what I love best about her blog is her honest and witty humour about parenting! Absolutely bloody brilliant! She delivers everytime!