Dubai's Desperate Housewife
Latest Blog Posts »
- What's a "creative space"? 21 hours ago I attended the launch of a “creative space” the other evening. A4 Space, to be precise. If the word “space” confuses you, you’re not alone: the reason I headed into the Bermuda Triangle that is Al Quoz in the dark was honestly not because my creative friend dragged me, nor solely...
- Silent Sunday - Explosion in the fabric souq 3 days ago
- The school run 3 weeks ago I appreciate that in yesterday’s blog I may have sounded a little bitter about the distance I have to drive to and from school each day – sometimes up to three times a day. It’s actually up to 138kms a day. Just on school runs. It’s my fantasy that my children can cycle to our […]
- On expecting too much - from the school 3 weeks ago We had the bi-annual parent-teacher meetings last week. DS’s and DD’s were on largely the same days but – hallelujah – the school provided a form on which I could identify both children and the school would endeavour to coordinate the two parent’s evenings for me. Hurrah! Before you...
- The best mother's day gift ever 3 weeks ago I’m not great at buying mother’s day gifts for my mum. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t forget – I just never know what to get so end up plumping for a big bouquet of M&S flowers and a card. This year, though, the solution fell into my lap before I even realised mother’s day […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: United Arab Emirates Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in United Arab Emirates!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Dubai's Desperate Housewife
07:43 AM October 23, 2012
Absolutely my most favourite blog in Dubai and a must read. She's funny, creative and a superb blogger. Keeps me and a few of us in Dubai and around entertained.
16:13 PM December 03, 2012
Fab blog. Such an amusing take on life in Dubai.
16:28 PM December 03, 2012
The only blog worth reading in Dubai. She managed to say exactly what everyone is thinking and she always makes me smile. Brilliant. A star!
17:01 PM December 03, 2012
She has a massive following and for good reason. Happy to give my vote.
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Very witty blog that always raises a smile
17:05 PM December 03, 2012
Only Dubai Desperate Housewife can make the most trivial yet topical subjects a joy to read with bundles of wit thrown in. I always look forward to her posts.
17:51 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog
17:54 PM December 03, 2012
This is far and away my favourite blog. It makes me guffaw on a regular basis and ihas such fabulous observations. Love it!
22:15 PM December 03, 2012
Love this blog always puts a smile on my face, even since moving back to the UK it reminds me of all the 'Dubainess' I miss so much. Keep it up!
00:01 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog, very funny and smart!!!
04:23 AM December 04, 2012
Always spot on in terms of Dubai and its quirks. Annabel manages the perfect measure of humour. Love her writing!
04:39 AM December 04, 2012
Very entertaining and never fails to amuse me!
15:18 PM December 08, 2012
A brilliant blog! She feels like a friend who just knows! Sometimes I feel she has a secret camera watching me! It is always so spot on and so well written.
18:13 PM February 25, 2013
Although I have never been to Dubai, she captures the essence of what it is to be an expat! But what I love best about her blog is her honest and witty humour about parenting! Absolutely bloody brilliant! She delivers everytime!