The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- Singer Lore: Help For Swollen Vocal Cords 1 day ago Inching my way out of this bad cold flu bronchitis, I turned to facebook to ask my professional singer friends for their personal last-ditch remedies when a gig is getting near and the vocal folds are still swollen (and therefor … Continue reading →
- Another Way To Say "One Way Only" 3 days ago Continuing with our observation of badly-named vehicles… I swear, is anyone giving serious thought to these names? Filed under: Frivolity, language, Life Abroad, travel
- Fun 1 week ago By watching, even without hearing anything, it’s clear to me that this little one probably heard its mother calling, once, twice, and the third time it knew it had to hurry home or else!Filed under: Frivolity, nature
- Modern Vocal Pedagogy 2 weeks ago Nothing like a bad cold a full-blown case of the flu to make a singer feel useless. Well, let’s at least talk about singing then. Eine Erkältung Grippe reicht aus, dass sich Sänger nutzlos fühlen. Nun, dann lasst uns wenigstens … Continue reading →
- Not Everything Was Better In The Old Days // Nicht alles war früher besser. 3 weeks ago Photo from the facebook page “Schwarz Weiß”, a gold mine of historical photographs of Innsbruck in the last century. Where Quicksilver is now, once was the Kundler Bierhalle. Visible between (behind) the two buildings must be some part of the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.