The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- What Bravery Looks Like 1 week ago More power to you, Mo Asumang. Those neo-nazis, shown at the beginning of this video, were clearly too terrified to speak with you.Filed under: America, assimilation, current events, Germany, lives of others
- Oedenburg Castle, Bavaria 2 weeks ago Not far from the Ammersee in southern Bavaria lies a hill upon which the ruins of Oedenburg Castle are found. It was a small hilltop fortress, mostly a tower judging from the size of the hill. I have been looking … Continue reading →
- Note to self: find more cheerful subjects for blog... 2 weeks ago Over two weeks have passed since that Germanwings pilot deliberately crashed Flight 9525 into the French Alps, taking 149 passengers and crew with him. The news cycle is mostly done with the speculation over the pilot’s illness, motives, personality disorder, … Continue reading →
- In Memory Of A Girl 2 months ago In memory of Ilse Brüll Born 28 April 1925 Died 3(?) September 1942 and in memory of all those children of Innsbruck who were victims of this time Ilse Brüll, a Jewish girl, attended school here in Wilten from September … Continue reading →
- Weekend Mountain Blogging 2 months ago Hohenwerfen Castle, from a train window. I’ve been to this pile of rocks a couple of times in the past, when I lived somewhat closer to it. The last time was by invitation of a colleague on her birthday — … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.