The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- In Memory Of A Girl 2 days ago In memory of Ilse Brüll Born 28 April 1925 Died 3(?) September 1942 and in memory of all those children of Innsbruck who were victims of this time Ilse Brüll, a Jewish girl, attended school here in Wilten from September … Continue reading →
- Weekend Mountain Blogging 1 week ago Hohenwerfen Castle, from a train window. I’ve been to this pile of rocks a couple of times in the past, when I lived somewhat closer to it. The last time was by invitation of a colleague on her birthday — … Continue reading →
- Euro-exotica, or The Reason I Don't Read Expat Lit 2 weeks ago In the recent New Yorker article Northern Lights: Do Scandinavians Have It All Figured Out?, Nathan Heller describes Michael Booth’s book “The Almost Nearly Perfect People” (Picador) as essentially observational; it aspires to a comic genre that might be … Continue reading →
- Hardy's Map 2 weeks ago While packing for a long train trip to Styria, I pulled a couple of books of the shelf to help pass the time. Thomas Hardy’s “The Return of the Native” was I book I supposedly had read in high school … Continue reading →
- Teriolis ≠ Tirol 2 months ago Continuing in the looking-up-one-thing-and-finding-the-tip-of-the-iceberg vein, I recently began looking into an assumption I had made a while back — that the name Tirol was derived from the Roman fortress Teriolis (from which the village of Zirl takes its name). It … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.