The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- „Und, hod's eahm wos gnutzt?" 1 day ago An old Bavarian joke: A tourist in Bavaria approaches two workmen and asks for directions. He’s met with blank stares, so he tries to determine their language. “Sprechen Sie deutch?” No reply. “Do you speak English?” Nothing. “Parlez-vous français? Parla … Continue reading →
- Notburga of Rattenberg 3 weeks ago First, a bit of background on Notburga (pronounced Note-boor-ga). She was born in Rattenberg, a small town east of Innsbruck, around 1265 to a couple of hatmakers, and proved to be an extraordinarily intelligent and competent woman. She hired herself … Continue reading →
- Götzens, Pfarrkirche Hl. Peter und Paul 3 weeks ago A few years ago I came across a booklet with brief biographies of four local priests who had resisted the Nazis and were killed for it. While planning my recent visit to Axams, I realized that I would be very … Continue reading →
- A Chapel in Axams 3 weeks ago A free Sunday afternoon and it happens to be Tag des Denkmals in Austria. This is a day for cultural and historical monuments across the country, and often there is the chance to see something not normally open to the … Continue reading →
- Licus 1 month ago A beautiful late-summer Saturday afternoon walking along the Lech River, south of Landsberg. The river was full of swans, dozens of them, and as we walked an enormous flock of honking wild geese came in over the trees and landed … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.