The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- Forgotten Bavaria: St. Johannes auf der Bergerin 3 days ago (What’s left of a few signs which may have once indicated the original site./ Was von den Resten übrig blieb, die einmal den ursprünglichen Standort angedeutet haben könnten.) Many centuries ago, west of the Ammersee in southern Bavaria, the main … Continue reading →
- Cybertouring Austria 3 3 days ago KC Blau shares with us a few of her favorite (Austrian) things.Filed under: assimilation, Austria, blogs, food, language, Life Abroad, literature, music, travel
- Cybertouring Austria 2 1 week ago This week’s “Top Ten of the Top Five” is by Emily, who writes the Vienna-based blog A Mommy Abroad. Click the links and take a look around for a completely different Austrian expat experience. Filed under: assimilation, Austria, blogs, food, … Continue reading →
- What I have been doing lately 2 weeks ago Three blitzschnell appearances and all of two syllables of singing from me in this short video from ATV (the Rosenkavalier segment begins exactly 11 minutes in), alles auf deutsch but enjoy the sets and costumes. Filed under: culture, current events, … Continue reading →
- On Gratitude and Amazement 3 weeks ago This weekend I jumped in for a sick friend, who could not sing a scheduled concert performance of Mozart’s Requiem. I will admit right up front that I wasn’t expecting much in the way of musical fulfillment or anything; the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.