The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- Der Hofstetter Frauenwald 1 day ago A few months ago I quickly photographed a field of grave mounds along the main road from Hofstetten to Pürgen. / Vor ein paar Monaten habe ich schnell ein Feld von Grabhügeln entlang der Hauptstraße von Hofstetten nach Pürgen fotografiert. … Continue reading →
- End-Of-Summer-Vacation Links 2 days ago Archaeologists have unearthed a 2,000-year-old toilet seat at a Roman fort near Hadrian’s Wall. Now they are looking for the loo over which it sat, hoping that the Roman soldiers may have accidentally dropped things into it. The Grand Hotel … Continue reading →
- Opera Divas Do The Ice Bucket Challenge 4 days ago Filed under: America, current events, Germany, media
- Cambodunum - Kempten 5 days ago An artist’s rendition of the stone layers of an inside wall in the kleine Therme. Kempten, in the Allgäu region, is one of Germany’s oldest cities. Earliest mention appears to be by the ancient Greek geographer Strabo, who called … Continue reading →
- Here and There In America: Stonewall Jackson Shrine 1 week ago When one is driving the lesser roads between Fredericksburg and Richmond, Virginia, and comes to a large sign which reads “Stonewall Jackson Shrine, 2 Miles At Next Right”, well, one must make that right turn and pay one’s respects. America … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.