The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- Teriolis ≠ Tirol 1 week ago Continuing in the looking-up-one-thing-and-finding-the-tip-of-the-iceberg vein, I recently began looking into an assumption I had made a while back — that the name Tirol was derived from the Roman fortress Teriolis (from which the village of Zirl takes its name). It … Continue reading →
- Weekend Mountain Blogging 1 week ago Impressions of a walk in one of my favorite patches of forest. There’s something sinewy and fluid about this spruce’s upended roots. A wood-sprite, perhaps, giving me the eye. Stacks of rails; there’s maintenance work going on (which seems to … Continue reading →
- A Stone Marker on the West Bank of the Ammersee 3 weeks ago Sometimes the act of looking up one thing takes me to another things, and then something else altogether. This post, for example. This is a path on the west bank of the Ammersee between Utting and Schondorf. The stone column … Continue reading →
- Guten Rutsch! 1 month ago The Innsbruck Hofgarten. I shared the paths with a dozen or so Italian tourists, who seemed astonished and delighted by the recent snowfall, and who were all taking pictures of each other in it. The Practice Room wishes everyone a … Continue reading →
- Frohes Fest 1 month ago I wish you all safe travels over this holiday week.Filed under: Uncategorized
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.