The Practice Room
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekend Mountain Blogging: Mittenwald, Scharnitz, Seefeld 1 week ago I needed to go to Mittenwald because of something I’d promised to do, and since I had the day free it seemed like a good idea to get some hiking in along with some sights. As there’s only so much … Continue reading →
- Pending Moderation 2 weeks ago I took the website back down for a very good reason — we want the blessing of our lawyer first, and he hasn’t looked at it yet. In Germany there is the possibility that someone can send you an Abmahnung, … Continue reading →
- Gounod "Funeral March of a Marionette" 3 weeks ago I haven’t vanished in an alpine crevasse, I’ve simply been busy singing! The business has been part rehearsals, part teaching, and part working on some things for the future. The rehearsals have led me to a small musical discovery, in … Continue reading →
- What Bravery Looks Like 2 months ago More power to you, Mo Asumang. Those neo-nazis, shown at the beginning of this video, were clearly too terrified to speak with you.Filed under: America, assimilation, current events, Germany, lives of others
- Oedenburg Castle, Bavaria 2 months ago Not far from the Ammersee in southern Bavaria lies a hill upon which the ruins of Oedenburg Castle are found. It was a small hilltop fortress, mostly a tower judging from the size of the hill. I have been looking … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Weird Tyrol: Five Best Unusual Historic Hikes from Innsbruck Expat Blog Awards 2013 Say you’re living in Innsbruck. You’d like to get out of the city and into the wooded hills, but you’re not up for another vertical climb, the ski lifts are kind of expensive and you’d like to visit something besides another mountain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Austria Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Austria Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Austria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Austria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Practice Room
01:26 AM November 03, 2013
A great blog written with exceptional understanding of the people and country Kristina is writing about. I really like when she mixes English and German in one sentence, it's witty.