Latest Blog Posts »
- Eat Rio Eats Mexico 5 hours ago Even though I’ve been running my own culinary tours in Rio for almost a year, I had never been on a food tour as a guest until just a few days ago. Mrs Eat Rio and I put ourselves in the hands of the good people at Eat Mexico Culinary Tours and we did not regret it! Here … Continue reading...
- Eat Rio in Mexico City 5 days ago Hola from Mexico everyone! Just a quick update because if I spend too long on the computer, Mrs Eat Rio will kill me! Still, I think I’ve just got time to show you the ridiculously delicious dish we tried yesterday lunchtime. This is Cochinita Pibil: But wait, that’s just the start. Next...
- The way things are right now 1 week ago Well it’s Friday, and in days gone past that would have meant a guaranteed post here at Eat Rio. Then along came the World Cup and a deluge of food tours and my whole writing/posting routine got messed up. So now that the World Cup is over, things should be getting back to normal, … Continue...
- World Cup 2014 - How did it go? 2 weeks ago Well, that’s that then. The World Cup 2014 is over. All the worries and concerns about whether the tournament would be a success can be laid to rest because this thing is over. How do you think it went? Sadly, through an overabundance of work, I didn’t get to attend any of the matches …...
- World Cup 2014: What to do if you don't have tickets for a Brazil World Cup game... 3 weeks ago Well, it’s World Cup 2014 game day again and the nerves are jangling here at Eat Rio HQ. Personally I’ve been fairly confident on Brazil’s behalf for all of the preceding games, but Mrs Eat Rio has been a bag of nerves from day 1. But going up against Germany in the semi-final of …...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Eat Rio
02:44 AM October 14, 2012
Tom's blog Eat Rio gives fascinating insights into life in Rio and Brazilian culture generally. His passion and innate curiosity are evident in every post. He's also built up a lot of valuable information for people visiting the city for the first time. Actually, I'm sure that a lot of people who have lived there would find a lot of it useful too. Tom has a knack of finding the best food and drink wherever he is.
05:53 AM October 16, 2012
I scanned through numerous blogs about Brazil before I landed on Eat Rio. Tom is genius at turning his daily observations about a foreign land, its people, its culture, and its history into entertaining and engaging posts. Tom gives his readers a sense of Brazil's dynamic and vibrant way of being with his beautiful photos and subjects as wide-ranging as food, language, music, race, and translations. Tom's blog eases my "saudade" for Brazil. I look forward to reading Eat Rio everyday.
14:51 PM October 16, 2012
Tom's blog is a great place to spend some time strolling around. The name doesn't say it all, because there is a lot more going on than just food and restaurants. you can find posts about day to day life in Rio, people, places, music, language, wildlife,... you name it. I found all the articles I read so far to be written in a pleasant and easy to read manner. Tom definitely knows his way around the marvelous city. Highly recommended indeed.
15:55 PM October 16, 2012
I read a lot of blogs on Brazil as a new expat here, and I find EatRio to be a great source of information, entertainment and advice. Tom makes interesting observations on all aspects of living in Rio and his witty style make his blog a fun and informative read. I always look forward to his next post. His photos are stunning, they could have a website of their own.
17:40 PM October 16, 2012
Like Brae, I also read through numerous blogs on Rio but found Tom's particularly helpful. Eat Rio was a fantastic starting point for me travelling to Rio for the first time. Whilst I am a fan of nice bars and restaurants, I love going to hidden gems that many tourists would not know about. I went to a few of the restaurants that caught my eye and the reviews he had given were extremely accurate. I will definitely be using his recommendations again when i next travel to Rio. I strongly recommend that others whether 1st time travellers or not use it too.
15:26 PM October 18, 2012
With Eat Rio, Tom has created a funny and insightful reference for anyone interested in getting under the surface of the expat experience in Brazil. Great for a good laugh, or as a tool to plan your trip to the Marvelous City. Anyone wanting to go beyond the stereotypical idea of the carioca lifestyle and the Rio experience should definitely visit Eat Rio.
15:55 PM December 17, 2012
This is one of my favorite blogs about life in Brazil. Tom's posts cover a variety of interesting topics, even venturing into Brazilian politics on occasion. I've especially enjoyed his posts about Brazilian music, where I've learned about incredibly talented artists whom I never would have known about otherwise. The comment threads on some of the posts include lively exchanges of ideas, and Tom often takes the time to post personal replies. Tom has managed to foster a sense of community for people with a shared interest in Brazil, and to me, that's the sign of a highly successful blog.
17:18 PM December 17, 2012
good site, friendly and informative, i intend to move to rio soon and this site helps...