A lot of wind...
Latest Blog Posts »
- El Vuelo 1 week ago Somewhere over France a bank of rain cloud, an inverted anvil of grey vapour, rises suddenly and singularly from the otherwise uninterrupted expanse of undulating whiteness below us. It throws a long, blue-grey shadow over the cloud canopy it defies, climbing vertically and coming to an end in a...
- Der Turm 2 weeks ago How exquisite to race along the country roads of Franconia in Spring, the sky finally clear after a dreadfully long winter, the curving, sinking fields around us dappled with wildflower. We have some sublime music on and it exhilarates – a perfect match for the serene scenery, this central...
- Los Gatos, Grandes y Pequeños 3 weeks ago The cobbles glisten along the Carrera del Darro and little rivulets of rainwater rush downhill as we walk up, our feet sodden in their inadequate shoes. The weather gives K an excuse to duck into one or two craft shops on our way but she isn’t buying today. She’s in good spirits though;...
- La Raza 2 months ago As if they had been waiting for the starter’s pistol, plants have sprung up in the cracked concrete, in the car parks and along the walls and pathways behind the promenade. All of a sudden everything man-made looks precarious, the full force of nature bursting through the chinks in a green...
- Thirds, and Firsts. 2 months ago Half an hour ago I didn’t know there was such a thing as manzanilla amontillada; now I’m tipsy on it. I asked for an amontillado but the bartender poured me a glass of this unusual and similarly named manzanilla and, realising his mistake, let me have it as well. Between the...
Contest Entries »
- On Our Way Writing Contest October 2012 The Mirador de San Nicolas will settle in the memory of many visitors to Spain as the emblematic moment of their stay here. At whatever time of day, but especially as night falls on the fortified citadel opposite, you can stand here and take in an...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Spain!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 19 reviews on A lot of wind...
16:45 PM October 13, 2012
Robin, I have been enjoying your blog and writings, etc. Keep on keeping on!! Best, Craig
17:47 PM October 13, 2012
Great little blog...inventive, creative and bloody funny with a twist of charm
17:50 PM October 13, 2012
Your blog is not just another blog but full of poerty not to mention fabulous pictures. One of a kind which I always enjoy.
19:27 PM October 13, 2012
I regularly look forward to your weekly chronicle of your latest shenanigans. For a photographer, you're a darn good writer.
19:37 PM October 13, 2012
Not enough stars on your scale for Robin's blog.it's really a 6. I have only been reading it for about seven months but it is highly entertaining..great writng and intelligent and professional looking photos. Great stuff
20:45 PM October 13, 2012
Your blogs are always fanbulously witty and, at the same time, informative - I always enjoy reading them
00:09 AM October 14, 2012
I think this is the best written blog I've come across. Beautiful photos too.
06:30 AM October 14, 2012
Who needs colour photos - this warm, funny blog paints pictures with words and the line drawings add stylish charm. Every post draws you in like a book you can't put down.
10:31 AM October 14, 2012
Always nicely written and definitely a Spain I know and recognise immediately. Keep it up.
19:31 PM October 14, 2012
Robin is in a class by himself with exceptional storytelling & photography. He's funny, thought-provoking, insightful and full of surprises. So yes, this blog absolutely has what it takes to win!
21:21 PM October 14, 2012
Poetry in words and photos!
10:09 AM October 15, 2012
2 years of beautiful writing and photography - thank you, Robin!
20:00 PM October 25, 2012
Your blog posts always make me smile, Robin - excellent photography too. Really captures the joys and trials of being an expat.
20:54 PM October 25, 2012
Really lovely writings with a cheeky little quirkiness, which I thoroughly enjoy each and every time!
23:01 PM October 25, 2012
I love this blog, insightful, comical and magical. Stories that make you believe your there and photos that make you wish you were part of them. Xx All excellent need I say more.x
15:33 PM October 26, 2012
Only discovered your blog today. How refreshingly different. Love the photography too! Got yourself a new fan. Elle x
13:07 PM November 05, 2012
Robin writes heartfelt, personal, funny stories which show another side of the expat-in-Spain experience. And his photos are prretty good too!
09:19 AM November 07, 2012
Alhough I have only recently discovered Robin´s blog, I was immediately drawn in by his warm, personal style of writing, and can recognise many of the amusing tales from my own experiences. Tariffa and the surrounding countryside is an area of Spain not to be overlooked - much like this blog.
21:54 PM November 07, 2012
I enjoy reading this ... it's intimate voyage of cultural discovery!