A lot of wind...
Latest Blog Posts »
- El Hammam 1 week ago The feathery touch of the late sun against worn sandstone blocks, almost physical, like a warm breath. In a plazuela to the side of the Iglesia San Dionisio, overlooked by a virgen in ceramics, K’s glass of water casting a long shadow and splitting the light into a colour spectrum on the arm of...
- Las Rutas 2 weeks ago Until the Arabs came, this was the end of the world. Everything to the west was monsters and mystery; everything to the south was sultry, secretive and uncivilised. To the Syrians and their Berber hordes it became a new frontier, and a potential route to the domination of Europe, but until that...
- La Intervención 1 month ago Very few of you, I imagine, will have enjoyed the depth of understanding, clarity of judgement or richness of insight that K and I have been enjoying recently with regard to the questions and quandaries of global geopolitics. Perhaps as few as none of you will have been able to appreciate, as we...
- La Magia 1 month ago I have written about Benarrabá before and about the spell it holds over us. Even by pueblo blanco standards, it is tiny, hidden from view at the end of a series of hairpin turns, a kilometre or so from the road that threads along the eastern side of the Genal Valley and ends up in […]
- El Soborno 2 months ago “If you annoy me in Ikea today,” says K – we are on Calle Luna, a long pedestrian shopping street in El Puerto de Santa Maria that begins near the water where the tapas bars cluster along Calle Misericordia and ends in the Plaza de Juan Gavala, a little square of flower sellers – “I […]
Contest Entries »
- On Our Way Writing Contest October 2012 The Mirador de San Nicolas will settle in the memory of many visitors to Spain as the emblematic moment of their stay here. At whatever time of day, but especially as night falls on the fortified citadel opposite, you can stand here and take in an...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Spain Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Spain!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 19 reviews on A lot of wind...
16:45 PM October 13, 2012
Robin, I have been enjoying your blog and writings, etc. Keep on keeping on!! Best, Craig
17:47 PM October 13, 2012
Great little blog...inventive, creative and bloody funny with a twist of charm
17:50 PM October 13, 2012
Your blog is not just another blog but full of poerty not to mention fabulous pictures. One of a kind which I always enjoy.
19:27 PM October 13, 2012
I regularly look forward to your weekly chronicle of your latest shenanigans. For a photographer, you're a darn good writer.
19:37 PM October 13, 2012
Not enough stars on your scale for Robin's blog.it's really a 6. I have only been reading it for about seven months but it is highly entertaining..great writng and intelligent and professional looking photos. Great stuff
20:45 PM October 13, 2012
Your blogs are always fanbulously witty and, at the same time, informative - I always enjoy reading them
00:09 AM October 14, 2012
I think this is the best written blog I've come across. Beautiful photos too.
06:30 AM October 14, 2012
Who needs colour photos - this warm, funny blog paints pictures with words and the line drawings add stylish charm. Every post draws you in like a book you can't put down.
10:31 AM October 14, 2012
Always nicely written and definitely a Spain I know and recognise immediately. Keep it up.
19:31 PM October 14, 2012
Robin is in a class by himself with exceptional storytelling & photography. He's funny, thought-provoking, insightful and full of surprises. So yes, this blog absolutely has what it takes to win!
21:21 PM October 14, 2012
Poetry in words and photos!
10:09 AM October 15, 2012
2 years of beautiful writing and photography - thank you, Robin!
20:00 PM October 25, 2012
Your blog posts always make me smile, Robin - excellent photography too. Really captures the joys and trials of being an expat.
20:54 PM October 25, 2012
Really lovely writings with a cheeky little quirkiness, which I thoroughly enjoy each and every time!
23:01 PM October 25, 2012
I love this blog, insightful, comical and magical. Stories that make you believe your there and photos that make you wish you were part of them. Xx All excellent need I say more.x
15:33 PM October 26, 2012
Only discovered your blog today. How refreshingly different. Love the photography too! Got yourself a new fan. Elle x
13:07 PM November 05, 2012
Robin writes heartfelt, personal, funny stories which show another side of the expat-in-Spain experience. And his photos are prretty good too!
09:19 AM November 07, 2012
Alhough I have only recently discovered Robin´s blog, I was immediately drawn in by his warm, personal style of writing, and can recognise many of the amusing tales from my own experiences. Tariffa and the surrounding countryside is an area of Spain not to be overlooked - much like this blog.
21:54 PM November 07, 2012
I enjoy reading this ... it's intimate voyage of cultural discovery!