Sous les toits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Paris party-ers to elect new Nightlife Mayor 1 month ago Parisians to the polling station! This Saturday night will see the City of Lights hold it’s very first election for Nightlife Mayor! Finally Paris will have someone to represent the night-owls and maybe even revive Paris nightlife to its former glory. I can’t be the only one who finds the...
- Le British Craze 2 months ago Having lived in France for five years, the number of times I’ve heard my home cuisine insulted by a French person is too many to count. It seems to be wired into their DNA: French food is the best in the world (“mais bien sur!”) and British fare isn’t fit for an animal to eat. […]
- Flat-hunting & Surviving on a Student Budget in Paris 4 months ago Flat-hunting & Surviving on a Student Budget in Paris Dear Readers, Sorry for my silence in the blogosphere, but it’s for the very good reason that I am currently also imparting my Paris knowledge, wisdom and all round know-how to the readers of expatriate news website The Local. These include a...
- French Party Perils 5 months ago There’s nothing like an apero with your fellow expats for having a good grumble about your adopted country. It all starts innocently enough, someone mentions a party they’re going to that weekend and is wondering what time to arrive. We all agree that it’s best not to arrive too early as...
- Expat au chômage 8 months ago Having lived here for almost five years now, the “Paris Firsts” (new Parisian experiences) that dominated my first few years of French life have become few and far between, so it is rather disconcerting to find myself in a phase of my life which incorporates not just one Paris First (PF), but...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Sous les toits
23:31 PM October 16, 2012
Great fun reading your blog. Looking forward to the next episode.
23:37 PM October 16, 2012
Lots of interesting and humorous insights into life in Paris for an Anglo, warts and all. Hope we get lots more!
20:12 PM November 04, 2012
Useful, interesting and often funny ! I want to read more about the parisian life thru the eyes of the nicest sarcastic English girl
12:07 PM November 22, 2012
Always entertaining and right on the nail when it comes to cultural differences and expectations from both sides. Definitely deserves an award!
12:52 PM November 22, 2012
lovely to re-discover Paris throught Naomi's blog!
13:03 PM November 22, 2012
Food, fun and fabulous! It's the perfect perfect spot to find out about Parisian life through the eyes of someone who's in the know!
13:51 PM November 22, 2012
I love getting the updates of Naomi's take on Parisienne life. She writes with a lovely light touch which makes her blog great fun to read and comment on.
14:03 PM November 22, 2012
Some very useful insights on how to navigate through the world of Parisian culture. The essential Gare du Nord survival guide was a particular highlight!
14:52 PM November 22, 2012
Very interesting and full of insights. I didn't know about the Nuit Blanche and, as a fellow Brit, it makes me want to experience the 'real' Paris as opposed to the tourist one.
21:59 PM November 22, 2012
I really look forward to reading Naomi's blog entries, her witty insights in to Parisian life make me chuckle. Her writing style is brilliantly deadpan. But for me the best entries are all about food, dedicating an entry to the perfect Chevre is a winner in my book!
11:29 AM November 23, 2012
As ever perceptive Naomi - so how about some hotel recommendations for the new year - where we can bring Americans from the Mid- West! A bientot. Judi
18:25 PM November 23, 2012
I always enjoy reading Naomi's blogs. The mixture of useful information, genuine insights and exasperated sarcasm makes it my favourite blog. Definitely worthy of an award!
21:48 PM November 23, 2012
Very nice blog. I recommend that you read the funny article about the metro, I loved it !
12:27 PM November 24, 2012
I always look forward to reading this blog. One of my weekly treats.
17:10 PM November 24, 2012
Really good blog, lots of fun to read. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get a proper insight into what living in Paris is all about.
17:50 PM November 25, 2012
Can't wait for the next instalment!
18:15 PM November 25, 2012
Each time i read this i'm laughing out loud! I'm a real parisian, and i have to admit that a lot of things she says about parisian culture are actually really accurate! Definitely an award winner this one!
20:03 PM November 25, 2012
Great source of Parisian savoir-faire! Love the restaurant reviews and suggestions.