Sous les toits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expat au chômage 4 weeks ago Having lived here for almost five years now, the “Paris Firsts” (new Parisian experiences) that dominated my first few years of French life have become few and far between, so it is rather disconcerting to find myself in a phase of my life which incorporates not just one Paris First...
- Battling the Bureaucracy 2 months ago My Dear Readers, I know I have abandoned you of late, but I promise I shall be back asap to regale you with more Paris survival tips, bar recommendations and the odd Franglais cock-up! In the meantime I hope my latest
- my expat (fruit) salad days 4 months ago Tonight I found out the expat’s biggest weakness, the Achilles heel of living in a country that does not share your mother tongue. Allow me to share with you then, my fall from the lofty heights of my bilingual pedestal. I had previously thought that the hardest challenge my language skills...
- Favourite Festive Things 5 months ago It’s that time of year again, chestnuts roasting on an open fire and all that. Isn’t it wonderful? Well… No, not really. I am not a big fan of the festive season, or at least not in England anyway. I blame it on the winter I spent working in House of Fraser, a store like [...]
- I've been nominated! 6 months ago Hello dear readers, Exciting news at Souslestoits HQ, I’ve been nominated for a blog award by the lovely people at expatsblog. If you’d like to help me win an award, go onto my listing on their site here and post a review, but hurry because they’re already in the process of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Sous les toits
23:31 PM October 16, 2012
Great fun reading your blog. Looking forward to the next episode.
23:37 PM October 16, 2012
Lots of interesting and humorous insights into life in Paris for an Anglo, warts and all. Hope we get lots more!
20:12 PM November 04, 2012
Useful, interesting and often funny ! I want to read more about the parisian life thru the eyes of the nicest sarcastic English girl
12:07 PM November 22, 2012
Always entertaining and right on the nail when it comes to cultural differences and expectations from both sides. Definitely deserves an award!
12:52 PM November 22, 2012
lovely to re-discover Paris throught Naomi's blog!
13:03 PM November 22, 2012
Food, fun and fabulous! It's the perfect perfect spot to find out about Parisian life through the eyes of someone who's in the know!
13:51 PM November 22, 2012
I love getting the updates of Naomi's take on Parisienne life. She writes with a lovely light touch which makes her blog great fun to read and comment on.
14:03 PM November 22, 2012
Some very useful insights on how to navigate through the world of Parisian culture. The essential Gare du Nord survival guide was a particular highlight!
14:52 PM November 22, 2012
Very interesting and full of insights. I didn't know about the Nuit Blanche and, as a fellow Brit, it makes me want to experience the 'real' Paris as opposed to the tourist one.
21:59 PM November 22, 2012
I really look forward to reading Naomi's blog entries, her witty insights in to Parisian life make me chuckle. Her writing style is brilliantly deadpan. But for me the best entries are all about food, dedicating an entry to the perfect Chevre is a winner in my book!
11:29 AM November 23, 2012
As ever perceptive Naomi - so how about some hotel recommendations for the new year - where we can bring Americans from the Mid- West! A bientot. Judi
18:25 PM November 23, 2012
I always enjoy reading Naomi's blogs. The mixture of useful information, genuine insights and exasperated sarcasm makes it my favourite blog. Definitely worthy of an award!
21:48 PM November 23, 2012
Very nice blog. I recommend that you read the funny article about the metro, I loved it !
12:27 PM November 24, 2012
I always look forward to reading this blog. One of my weekly treats.
17:10 PM November 24, 2012
Really good blog, lots of fun to read. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get a proper insight into what living in Paris is all about.
17:50 PM November 25, 2012
Can't wait for the next instalment!
18:15 PM November 25, 2012
Each time i read this i'm laughing out loud! I'm a real parisian, and i have to admit that a lot of things she says about parisian culture are actually really accurate! Definitely an award winner this one!
20:03 PM November 25, 2012
Great source of Parisian savoir-faire! Love the restaurant reviews and suggestions.