La Palma Island
Latest Blog Posts »
- Wig Fiesta 2017 2 days ago Carnival in Santa Cruz kicks off with the wig fiesta on Friday night. It’s a brilliant idea, because bought wigs start from about 2.50€, so almost anyone can afford it, and creative people can (and do) make their own. Click for a the full size version of the panorama.
- Carnival Programs 4 days ago Carnival is starting. Time for some fun! Programs Santa Cruz de La Palma Los Llanos de Aridane Los Sauces Highlights Friday 24/02/2017 Wig fiesta: Santa Cruz de La 15:00 live music in the Cuadrilátero. Saturday 25/02/2017 18:00 Ambassador’s Parade Monday 27/02/2017 Los Indianos, Santa Cruz de...
- Ice at the Roque 5 days ago Yesterday I went to work as a tour guide at the observatory. At 9a .m. it was 6 ºC, but the ice from overnight was still there, glistening inthe sunlight. Fortunately the road was almost completely clear.
- Happy Birthday Copernicus 1 week ago Nicolaus Copernicus was born in Torun, Poland on February 19, 1473. From the ancient Greeks, everyone in Europe believed that the Earth was the centre of the universe. The great work of Copernicus De revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium (On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres), published in...
- Where on Earth is La Palma anyway? 2 weeks ago I originally came to La Palma to work at the astronomical observatory here. Almost as soon as I heard I’d got the job, my parents went to a travel agent to find out how much it would cost to visit. The young man at the desk said, “Las Palmas de Gran Canaris? Certainly Sir. I’ll just look it...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » La Palma Island has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!