La Palma Island
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fufo Horses in Tazacorte tonight 3 days ago Tonight night at 9 pm the Fufo Horses will dance in Tazacorte, followed (of course) by a public dance. The fiesta carries on for another week. You can see the full programme (in Spanish) here.
- Starmus 5 days ago Have you heard of Starmus – it’s a big festival of astronomy art and music on Tenerife. I’d have loved to go, particularly for Stephen Hawkings talk on The Origin of the Universe, but it’s 300€ per day. So near … Continue reading →
- Canary Pine Trees 1 week ago Today I visited Cumbrecita, and I fell in love with Canary pine trees all over again. So many of them look as though they’ve been carefully trained into artistic shapes, like gigantic bonsai trees. So here are a few of … Continue reading →
- Los Sauces Bridge 2 weeks ago The big bridge at Los Sauces The new bridge over the barranco at Los Sauces is huge. It’s 319 metres long and towers 150 metres above the valley floor. It opened in December 2004. To begin with, it was rather … Continue reading →
- Starlit Skies 2 weeks ago There’s a really simple reason why the Royal Greenwich Observatory moved their telescopes here. It’s one of the three best places in the world for astronomy. The observatory was founded in 1675 by Charles II of England – hence the … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » La Palma Island has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!