La Palma Island
Latest Blog Posts »
- Terrific time-lapse video of La Palma 4 days ago Teaser: “The Island” – La Palma Time Lapse Video from Christoph Malin on Vimeo. Enjoy Christoph Malin’s wonderful time-lapse video of La Palma. He very nearly does the place justice.
- More on the Large Size Telescope foundations 1 week ago Well now they’ve got 1 digger, 1 bulldozer, and 1 dumper truck levelling out the site. Now that the site is earth rather than cut bushes, it’s clearly visible from higher up. And of course it’s very noticeable from the helipad nearest to the MAGIC.
- El Borrachito fiesta 1 week ago Last night was the “Borrachito” fiesta in Hoyo de Mazo. I’ve lived here for 25 years, and managed to miss this one every single year, even though I only live 15 minutes drive away. Last night I finally made it. It starts off like a normal fiesta. There’s a stage in the village square with a...
- Foundations for the Large Sized Telescope 2 weeks ago The digger’s started wotk on the foundations for the Large Size Telescope I gather the plan is to dig down 3 m, which is less than I’d thought for such a big structure. But the the MAGIC telescope is very light for its size, so perhaps the LST will be too. Cross posted to...
- Photos of the craft fair: 2016 2 weeks ago Well there was certainly loads of variety. Too much to get into details, but I recommend going next year if you can. Obradoiro de Martina does dresses with touches of traditional Palmeran embroidery. They’re not cheap, but they are gorgeous. I bvelieve most sales are to order, and you can track...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » La Palma Island has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!