La Palma Island
Latest Blog Posts »
- Training vines 1 day ago Spring is here, and the vines are sprouting all over the island. In the south of the island, particularly in Fuencaliente, it’s dry. In a hot summer day, the wind sometmies feels almost like a hairdryer. This could turn … Continue reading →
- La Zamora Kiosk 3 days ago There are several kiosks around La Palma. They all give good value for money in unpretentious surroundings, and some are great. La Zamora is on the south-west coast of La Palma, in Fuencaliente. Ver Places to eat on a … Continue reading →
- Bleeding Paella 4 days ago What they meant to say was, “Paella with sangría”. My Spanish isn’t perfect either, but the mental picture made me laugh.
- The Cistercian Convent 6 days ago The Cistercian convent of the Holy Trinity at Buenavista in Breña Alta is surprisingly new. It was founded in 1946, and it’s the only closed order on the island. I was surprised to find out that there are only … Continue reading →
- San Jose Wheelbarrow Race 1 week ago San Jose is Spanish for St Joseph, and St Joseph was Jeses’s earthly father, so Spanish father’s day is held on St Joseph’s day (March 17th) and the village of San José has a fiesta. On the Sunday after … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » La Palma Island has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!