La Palma Island
Latest Blog Posts »
- New statue in San José 2 days ago San José in Breña Baja has a new statue to celebrate mothers. The square outside the Town Hall is called Plaza de Las Madres – Mother’s Square, and they have a special celebration for Mother’s Day.
- Water Mines on La Palma 6 days ago Although La Palma has more water than the other Canary Islands, many farmers used to be desperately poor and frequently hungry. The only water for irrigation was rainwater, and obviously they had no control over how much they got. Then … Continue reading →
- Where the Heck is La Palma Anyway? 1 week ago I originally came to La Palma to work at the astronomical observatory here. Almost as soon as I heard I’d got the job, my parents went to a travel agent to find out how much it would cost to visit. … Continue reading →
- Tuesday 13th 1 week ago You know how some Brits and Americans are superstitious about Friday 13th? Well in Spain, some people are superstitious about Tuesday 13th. So this is your chance for slightly cheaper flights.
- The Bell from La Verdad 2 weeks ago Today we have a guest post by Thomas Cox from Maine, USA Being a lifelong ocean sailor, some years ago I was intrigued when I found the ships bell from La Verdad for sale in a marine antique store. I … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » La Palma Island has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!