Sunshine and Siestas
Latest Blog Posts »
- What to Do in Alcalá de Henares: the City of Cervantes. 3 days ago The Spain of my pre-Sevilla had one leading protagonist (perhaps loverboy?) : Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. Spain’s most famous author is best known for his chronicle of Spanish knighthood, Don Quijote, Man of La Mancha, and he penned the book while living in Valladolid over 400 years ago. If...
- Photo Post: Palacio de Las Dueñas, the Duquesa de Alba's Treasured Home in Sevilla 1 week ago Just like on the day of her death, my phone started pinging with the news that the Duquesa de Alba’s beloved palace, Palacio de las Dueñas, would be converted into a public museum. Sleep still crusting my eyes from a Friday afternoon siesta, I search for a projected opening date,...
- Seville, I'm breaking up with you 3 weeks ago Querida Sevilla mía, You know that age-old, “It’s not you, it’s me”? Well, it’s not me. Eres tú. We’ve reached the end of a nine-year relationship, one marked with uncertainty at the beginning, with as much elation as frustration in the years since we became intimate. And más pronto...
- Five Reasons Why Andalucía is the Place to Be in May 3 months ago Andalucía in springtime is perhaps the closest I can get to nirvana. Yes, the azahar flowers met an untimely death in April and my allergies are rampant, but even the short bursts of rain seem more poetic and more welcome now, because I’ll soon be slurping down snails or sneaking in a beer...
- Guiri 101: A Crash-Course on How to Find Summer Work in Spain 4 months ago Think of summer. Popsicles, parades, swimsuits (and if you’re me, likely a sunburn that sends you inside to pout about how you can never get a tan). For me, summer is rarely synonymous with beaches and sunburns and barbecues, but rather pencils and books and scrambling for cash. Even though I am...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Sunshine and Siestas
11:52 AM October 14, 2012
This blog rocks my socks! Beautiful pictures and helpful tips for fellow expats and tourists alike.
12:30 PM October 14, 2012
As an American living in Spain, this blog provides an ongoing source of information, tips, laughs and insight into living in Spain. The best tour guide slash fountain of information for anyone traveling or living in Spain.
14:20 PM October 14, 2012
Thanks for making living abroad not feel so foreign. There is so much beauty in knowing that you're not going through the struggle alone and it is so helpful to be guided along the way! Thanks Cat!
14:27 PM October 14, 2012
I love reading Sunshine and Siestas for good laughs, insight, tips and places to visit in Spain and Europe! It's one of the few American in Spain expat blogs I read and look forward to the next post!
14:43 PM October 14, 2012
As a current auxiliar de conversación, Cat's blog has been the most useful tool I have come across since preparing myself a year ago. Along with all the tips that everybody needs to know for visiting or living in Spain, she always manages to keep her head up and inspires me to do the same when things get tough! I always look forward to the e-mail I get for a new post which never fails to make my day even better.
01:40 AM October 15, 2012
I love reading Sunshine and Siestas! Cat is insightful, beautiful and I love her humor! She's a smart writer with an eye for beauty evident in her artistic camera shots! Having lived in a foreign country 20 + years ago I lament I did not have something like this to read beforehand and during my living there! Her tips, insight and the juicy descriptions of places visited feel like a wonderful companion sharing the journey with you! She covers a lot of information succintly which makes her blog perfect for busy lives! Her blog inspires me to travel in Spain.
09:38 AM November 09, 2012
The Sunshine and Siestas Blog is a wonderful insight into expat living in Spain. Excellent resources and a great read, too. 5 star blog!
18:27 PM November 16, 2012
Cat's blog is awesome. I came across it while I was still living in Madrid. Her blog really brought Andalucia to life for me!
12:17 PM December 04, 2012
I love Cat's blog. I discovered her blog few months ago and read all the old post in one afternoon. It is highly addictive and you just one her to post as many new things every day! With each post you discover how interesting and different Spanish Andalucía is from other regions. I bet there are some of her readers that visited Spain just because they've read some entries on this great blog!