Sunshine and Siestas
Latest Blog Posts »
- Guiri 101: A Guide to the -erías 1 week ago Lisa’s skype call was full of nervous questions about what to pack and how to arrive alive to Sevilla. I’d be about to take the DELE when her train arrived, leaving her with a few hours to wander around town and grab something to eat, per a detailed list of suggestions. She quizzed me on […]
- 5 Outdoor Activities to do with Kids and Teens this Summer in Cádiz 2 months ago Andalusia has the winning combination of weather, history and culture and wallet-friendly prices, making it especially tempting for a family trip to Spain. Kids will faun over castles, stretches of some of Spain’s best beaches and theme parks: older kids and teens will appreciate activities...
- Photo Post: the Manchego town of Cuenca 4 months ago “Just take a look at this!” Pa tossed a magazine across the room towards me, dog-eared to a photo spread of an eagle soaring over lush pine trees. I’d announced my move to Spain a few weeks before. While my grandmother wept and cursed me for leaving the country to find a foreign husband, my...
- The Guiri Guide to Having a Baby in Spain: Fourth Trimester 6 months ago It’s just before 4am and my body wakes me up slowly. The baby, in his Pack n’ Play next to my bed, is stirring, too. Like clockwork, he’s still doing comfort feedings once a night, snuggling into my armpit as I lift up my pajama top. The light on my Kindle is soft enough to help […]
- Photo Post: A Perfect Day in Tapia de Casariego, Asturias 7 months ago When we returned to Western Asturias, where we took our babymoon, we had two things clear: we’d stay at Agustina and Angel’s guest house, la Casona del Faedo, and we’d let the baby mark our rhythms. Enrique would turn six months old during our sojourn, and as such, was on the verge of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Sunshine and Siestas
11:52 AM October 14, 2012
This blog rocks my socks! Beautiful pictures and helpful tips for fellow expats and tourists alike.
12:30 PM October 14, 2012
As an American living in Spain, this blog provides an ongoing source of information, tips, laughs and insight into living in Spain. The best tour guide slash fountain of information for anyone traveling or living in Spain.
14:20 PM October 14, 2012
Thanks for making living abroad not feel so foreign. There is so much beauty in knowing that you're not going through the struggle alone and it is so helpful to be guided along the way! Thanks Cat!
14:27 PM October 14, 2012
I love reading Sunshine and Siestas for good laughs, insight, tips and places to visit in Spain and Europe! It's one of the few American in Spain expat blogs I read and look forward to the next post!
14:43 PM October 14, 2012
As a current auxiliar de conversación, Cat's blog has been the most useful tool I have come across since preparing myself a year ago. Along with all the tips that everybody needs to know for visiting or living in Spain, she always manages to keep her head up and inspires me to do the same when things get tough! I always look forward to the e-mail I get for a new post which never fails to make my day even better.
01:40 AM October 15, 2012
I love reading Sunshine and Siestas! Cat is insightful, beautiful and I love her humor! She's a smart writer with an eye for beauty evident in her artistic camera shots! Having lived in a foreign country 20 + years ago I lament I did not have something like this to read beforehand and during my living there! Her tips, insight and the juicy descriptions of places visited feel like a wonderful companion sharing the journey with you! She covers a lot of information succintly which makes her blog perfect for busy lives! Her blog inspires me to travel in Spain.
09:38 AM November 09, 2012
The Sunshine and Siestas Blog is a wonderful insight into expat living in Spain. Excellent resources and a great read, too. 5 star blog!
18:27 PM November 16, 2012
Cat's blog is awesome. I came across it while I was still living in Madrid. Her blog really brought Andalucia to life for me!
12:17 PM December 04, 2012
I love Cat's blog. I discovered her blog few months ago and read all the old post in one afternoon. It is highly addictive and you just one her to post as many new things every day! With each post you discover how interesting and different Spanish Andalucía is from other regions. I bet there are some of her readers that visited Spain just because they've read some entries on this great blog!