Sunshine and Siestas
Latest Blog Posts »
- Autonomous Community Spotlight: Galicia 21 hours ago Not one to make travel goals, I did make one when coming to Spain: visit all 17 autonomous communities at least once before going home. While Madrid, Barcelona and Seville are the stars of the tourist dollar show (and my hard-earned euros, let’s not kid around here), I am a champion for Spain’s...
- Where to Eat in Barcelona and Not Be Ripped Off, Disappointed or Still Hungry 5 days ago To say that Barcelona (as a city) underwhelms me is an understatement. And its food? Ugh, I don’t even want to go there. In my half a dozen previous trips to Catalonia, a place renowned for being avant garde – in food and otherwise – I’d never really had a decent food experience. From the...
- Photo Post: A Visit to the Seville Cathedral Rooftop 1 week ago There are some things in Seville that don’t need any further explanation – a cotton candy sunset over Triana, Plaza de España’s beautiful tile benches, the dreamy chords and staccato of a flamenco performance. And then there’s the largest Gothic cathedral in the world and its stunning...
- Yes, Boss! : On Learning to Drive a Tuk Tuk in India 2 weeks ago “Ok Boss, you take over now.” Mukul grinned widely as he took his hands off of the glorified bike handlebars that constitute the steering wheel, ignition and gas pedal of a tuk tuk, and motioned for me to take over. We were in the middle of rush hour traffic in Agra, India (which is, for […]
- Tapa Thursdays: Mamarracha 3 weeks ago If a mamarracho is a person who deserves no respect, relatively new tapas bars Mamarracha, on Hernando Colón, is not aptly named. I’d heard rumors of a new bar from the Ovejas Negras group, and despite the packed bar on a Saturday afternoon, I’d been assured that the wait was worth it. What...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Sunshine and Siestas
11:52 AM October 14, 2012
This blog rocks my socks! Beautiful pictures and helpful tips for fellow expats and tourists alike.
12:30 PM October 14, 2012
As an American living in Spain, this blog provides an ongoing source of information, tips, laughs and insight into living in Spain. The best tour guide slash fountain of information for anyone traveling or living in Spain.
14:20 PM October 14, 2012
Thanks for making living abroad not feel so foreign. There is so much beauty in knowing that you're not going through the struggle alone and it is so helpful to be guided along the way! Thanks Cat!
14:27 PM October 14, 2012
I love reading Sunshine and Siestas for good laughs, insight, tips and places to visit in Spain and Europe! It's one of the few American in Spain expat blogs I read and look forward to the next post!
14:43 PM October 14, 2012
As a current auxiliar de conversación, Cat's blog has been the most useful tool I have come across since preparing myself a year ago. Along with all the tips that everybody needs to know for visiting or living in Spain, she always manages to keep her head up and inspires me to do the same when things get tough! I always look forward to the e-mail I get for a new post which never fails to make my day even better.
01:40 AM October 15, 2012
I love reading Sunshine and Siestas! Cat is insightful, beautiful and I love her humor! She's a smart writer with an eye for beauty evident in her artistic camera shots! Having lived in a foreign country 20 + years ago I lament I did not have something like this to read beforehand and during my living there! Her tips, insight and the juicy descriptions of places visited feel like a wonderful companion sharing the journey with you! She covers a lot of information succintly which makes her blog perfect for busy lives! Her blog inspires me to travel in Spain.
09:38 AM November 09, 2012
The Sunshine and Siestas Blog is a wonderful insight into expat living in Spain. Excellent resources and a great read, too. 5 star blog!
18:27 PM November 16, 2012
Cat's blog is awesome. I came across it while I was still living in Madrid. Her blog really brought Andalucia to life for me!
12:17 PM December 04, 2012
I love Cat's blog. I discovered her blog few months ago and read all the old post in one afternoon. It is highly addictive and you just one her to post as many new things every day! With each post you discover how interesting and different Spanish Andalucía is from other regions. I bet there are some of her readers that visited Spain just because they've read some entries on this great blog!