Our Year In Spain - A family adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- What I have learnt from living in Spain 5 months ago It’s interesting how even three years since our return, the lessons keep coming, less frequently but still prevalent. I remember while living in Spain how moved I was by the community’s commitment to celebrating and ritualising important cultural events like Saints’ days, national days,...
- Culture Shocks and Wonderful Surprises 1 year ago cul·ture shock noun the feeling of disorientation experienced by someone who is suddenly subjected to an unfamiliar culture, way of life, or set of attitudes. It’s 1am on a regular Wednesday in June in Granada. The neighbourhood dogs are barking in the usual incessant cacophony, the bars are...
- Your Local Guide to Granada 1 year ago We wrote this guide to share our knowledge and love of this amazing city with others. It took us a year to find our local rhythm of life in Granada and we wanted to share all that we had learned. We have researched extensively and hope it will provide access to a different experience of Granada....
- When travel means moving country 2 years ago A Gap Year for All! Given our geographic distance from the rest of the world, Australians have become accustomed to the concept of a Gap Year – young people taking a year, sometimes more, to explore the world beyond Australia’s shores- however a generational shift is taking place, ushering in...
- Ibiza: not just a party island 2 years ago Although we had a magical year in Granada, I am keenly aware of the many other incredible places in Spain where we could have lived happily during our year away. Each place I looked at offered something special and different which made it hard to choose. Recently I have been talking to my...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Our Year In Spain - A family adventure
10:36 AM October 15, 2012
This blog is so interesting to read. It provides not only insight on the country but also a candid view on the family and their preparations for their trip. The writing is engaging and colourful. I can't wait for future posts.
13:25 PM October 27, 2012
It is so great to read about a family doing what many of us only dream about! I can't wait to read what happens when they arrive - the preparations are interesting in themselves!
03:43 AM October 31, 2012
This blog makes me want to pack up and move to Spain. i can sense the excitement in the planning! I will be subscribing to future posts!!!
03:45 AM October 31, 2012
Can I come with you? Sounds like you have done some good research. I have learnt some interesting things about Granada from your blog. All the best for the wait until your departure!
04:57 AM October 15, 2014
This blog really helped my family when we were planning our time in Granada, Spain. It was great to hear the perspective of what it is like to live abroad with children and gets some ideas of what life is like there.
14:09 PM April 07, 2016
Found this blog incredibly insightful as we begin to plan for our own move to Spain. Lot's great stories
14:17 PM April 07, 2016
I just stumbled upon this blog and couldn't stop reading as I could really relate to this family's vision for their exciting year away. Am inspired to take my family on adventure too