Our Year In Spain - A family adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- When travel means moving country 3 months ago A Gap Year for All! Given our geographic distance from the rest of the world, Australians have become accustomed to the concept of a Gap Year – young people taking a year, sometimes more, to explore the world beyond Australia’s shores- however a generational shift is taking place, ushering in...
- Ibiza: not just a party island 4 months ago Although we had a magical year in Granada, I am keenly aware of the many other incredible places in Spain where we could have lived happily during our year away. Each place I looked at offered something special and different which made it hard to choose. Recently I have been talking to my...
- A Christmas far from home 6 months ago There is nothing quite like a festival that you would usually celebrate with extended family to remind you that you are far from home. So what happens when you suddenly bump into Christmas while on a sabbatical year? So you have settled into your new home in a new country, found your feet, your...
- Top 5 Tips for Moving to Spain for a Year 8 months ago While I don’t usually provide tips and advice, recently I have been asked several times for my top tips for moving to Spain, so today I have decided to share them with you…They range from getting clear about what is important to you and your family when choosing a location to live, organising...
- One year on...the legacy of our year in Spain 10 months ago As the full moon rises in the east, hovering above the Pacific Ocean, I contemplate the year that has passed since we returned to Australia from Our Year in Spain. Each full moon signifies a moment of reflection since it was on a glorious, moonlit evening two years ago, that we arrived to our...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Our Year In Spain - A family adventure
10:36 AM October 15, 2012
This blog is so interesting to read. It provides not only insight on the country but also a candid view on the family and their preparations for their trip. The writing is engaging and colourful. I can't wait for future posts.
13:25 PM October 27, 2012
It is so great to read about a family doing what many of us only dream about! I can't wait to read what happens when they arrive - the preparations are interesting in themselves!
03:43 AM October 31, 2012
This blog makes me want to pack up and move to Spain. i can sense the excitement in the planning! I will be subscribing to future posts!!!
03:45 AM October 31, 2012
Can I come with you? Sounds like you have done some good research. I have learnt some interesting things about Granada from your blog. All the best for the wait until your departure!
04:57 AM October 15, 2014
This blog really helped my family when we were planning our time in Granada, Spain. It was great to hear the perspective of what it is like to live abroad with children and gets some ideas of what life is like there.
14:09 PM April 07, 2016
Found this blog incredibly insightful as we begin to plan for our own move to Spain. Lot's great stories
14:17 PM April 07, 2016
I just stumbled upon this blog and couldn't stop reading as I could really relate to this family's vision for their exciting year away. Am inspired to take my family on adventure too