Latest Blog Posts »
- Flashback Photo Fridays: Moroccan men in the streets 3 days ago One of my favorite past times while traveling is to take to the streets, camera discreetly in hand and stroll like a local. I love watching how a city or small town unfolds from morning till the evening, a glimpse into another world. Business men walking briskly often briefcase or bag in tow,...
- Flashback Photo Fridays: Snow in Vitoria-Gasteiz 1 week ago Born and raised with sunny skies that seem to be almost year around, I’m naturally spoiled when it comes to weather. Living in a land of constant humidity? Or suffering through below zero days for days on end or shoveling snow? No thanks. As I look out my window, it seems hard to believe...
- Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving 1 week ago Today marks the first time in two years that I will sit down to Thanksgiving with my parents, brother and extended family and enjoy a roasted turkey and all the fixings. My tummy is already growling! A turkey, not a roasted chicken, will be served because in Spain if you don’t pre-order a Turkey...
- Road tripping and living the simple life in Boonville 1 week ago I hopped in my trusty Corolla and I was off, happy to be away from congested freeways and seeing wide open spaces and farm land as I blasted El Canto del loco from my iPod. I was ready to get away from the hectic-ness of the Bay, the stress and uncertainty of job searching. I … Continue reading »
- Flashback Photo Fridays: Where is this magical place? 2 weeks ago Last week I wrote about a magical place I‘ve been lucky enough to visit four times. One of my favorite cities that is only created for a week filled with art, serendipity and lots of love. “There’s a magical place that I’ve been beckoned too and fortunate enough to visit almost a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Roamingtheworld
22:46 PM December 04, 2012
Roaming the World is lavish union of travel, cuisine, and personal experiences. What's not to love?
23:10 PM December 04, 2012
Love the blog. Interesting to see how one can have the same thoughts and feelings being in their own country.
23:12 PM December 04, 2012
Awesome BLOG! I love following your exploits around the world. Keep up the great work. P.S. where you off to next?
23:27 PM December 04, 2012
Awesome blog!! So honest, very optimistic and inspiring!
23:30 PM December 04, 2012
entertaining and informative, easy to read and imagine yourself having these fun travel experiences, great photos too. Viva la blog!
00:38 AM December 05, 2012
I have read every post of this interesting, inspiring, and often humorous blog. I look forward to reading what happens next in the adventures of Lauren living in Spain; teaching English and learning Spanish, and her courageous approach to living in a foreign country on your own.
01:48 AM December 05, 2012
So fun to hear about all the adventures! It's genuine and personal. Love it :)
02:15 AM December 05, 2012
I love hearing about how Lauren is using her time abroad as an English teacher to travel and explore her interest in sustainable farming and agriculture. It's like I'm reading a story that unfolds day by day. A great expat blog!
05:16 AM December 05, 2012
I love Lauren's honest and insightful writing about her journey as an expat in Spain, and beyond. Her love of food, nature and culture shines through and makes me want to explore more of this wonderfully diverse country!
06:53 AM December 05, 2012
I love that she is so open with her thoughts and feelings as she goes through the roller coaster experience of living abroad - with side tours for delicious meals :)
17:51 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is an amazing writer and I am using her blog to prepare my future trip to Africa! Also, I am Spanish and I love to read about other people view about my country!
20:35 PM December 05, 2012
This is truly an amazing blog. Roaming the world is everything from thoughtful to thought provoking. Lauren has a great way of making her posts relate to her readers! I love it!!
22:52 PM December 05, 2012
I love reading Roaming the World! Lauren has a way of writing that's relatable and makes everyone feel like they are right there with her. Great blog!
03:06 AM December 06, 2012
Lauren shares an honest and passionate approach to living as an Expat. Her stories indulge the reader in a lifestyle and experience not written about in the guide books, or romance novels and instead focus on the self and culturally discoveries along the way. Would recommend that others read her insightful and mature writing.