Adventures in the Czech Republic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Apologies 2 days ago I am sorry I have not been posting to this blog recently. I was rushed into Cesky Krumlov hospital in April and following emergency surgery am now recovering.One good thing to come out of the incident is that when I do start blogging again, I will have lots to tell you about my treatment at the...
- Pin For A Butterfly - Czech film 3 months ago It is almost two years now since the death of my friend, Hannah Kodicek. As regular readers of this blog will know Hannah was the reason I first came to this wonderful country and then to the area around South Bohemia.Hannah was a screenwriter and film-maker. Her major work was Pin for a Butterfly...
- The Oldest Puppet Ever Discovered 2 months ago I have just come back from the wonderful exhibition
- Masopust Re-post 3 months ago A couple of years ago I put up this video I made of the Masopust celebrations in our local town, Horice Na Sumave. After celebrating in Horice they split up and visit the surrounding villages including ours. They dance and are rewarded with drinks, how they make it back to Horice is a miracle. As...
- Cesky Krumlov - Film Set 4 months ago Cesky Krumlov is a favourite film location. We regularly have to skirt around film crews as we go about our daily life.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Czech Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Adventures in the Czech Republic
15:56 PM November 20, 2012
One of the coolest things about Zoe's blog is that we became friends because of it. I was blogging in Prague and she was blogging in South Bohemia. I can't say I know of a single other English-language blogger in South Bohemia. She writes about incredibly interesting stuff because she brings such a varied background to it: puppeteer, NGO manager, writer of great books, and tourism organizer to name a few. South Bohemia is lucky to have Zoe advocating for it. She brings new people to a special corner of the world through her writing and work.
19:20 PM December 10, 2012
How exciting to move to South Bohemia and to set up a blog bringing that corner of the world to England
20:24 PM December 10, 2012
Excellent way of knowing what is what
20:39 PM December 10, 2012
A lovely blog, revealing a real warmth for both the people and the place, and full of information about life in this little known area in the middle of Europe.
22:24 PM December 10, 2012
Always discovering the interesting details about Bohemia, the things we're too busy drinking coffee to find out about. She has a real feel for the place but with an English perspective. Good reading.
22:42 PM December 10, 2012
Fascinating, accessible blog that makes me want to visit the Czech Republic.
07:17 AM December 11, 2012
Very nice and interesting blog.
14:55 PM December 11, 2012
Always so knowledgable and interesting.
18:15 PM December 11, 2012
Great blog devoted to the Czech Republic, particularly the often over-looked areas outside of its capital city - with fascinating insights in to the culture and nature of various corners of the country. Occasionally poignant, frequently funny and always beautifully written.
13:11 PM December 12, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog purely by chance, and I find the posts about life in the Czech Republic from a British perspective a very enjoyable, well-written, and well-informed read.
21:51 PM December 12, 2012
I particularly enjoy reading this blog because it gives an account of life in rural Czech Republic where there are of course fewer expats. One of my favourite blog posts (on any blog I have read) was written some time ago but is so thoughtfully written, the post gives an account of a train journey to post Velvet Revolution (then) Czechoslovakia that few Westerners would have experienced. From this post I really got the feeling that life for Czechs was going to change but their history was always going to be there with them in the background. This post and many others evocatively convey what is happening in the Czech Republic from someone who knows the country and particularly South Bohemia very well.