Sunshine and Tomatoes
Latest Blog Posts »
- Easter treats 6 days ago Well would you look at that. Easter is almost upon us! It's almost time to start scoffing chocolate eggs, which makes me very excited indeed. What makes me even MORE excited than consuming vast quantities of chocolate however, is that soon my parents will be arriving. It's been several months since...
- Hello April! 2 weeks ago Well can you believe it. It's actually April now. A whole week into April! (Don't worry, not all of this post will be in short sharp sentences which express my disbelief at how quickly time is passing by). Soon, the Spring will be in full flow (it's got off to a pretty good start) and then of...
- Caves, Culture and Cuisine: Marvellous Matera 4 weeks ago Last Saturday lunchtime, following a morning of absolute CHAOS teaching a group of young children in a local primary school, myself and my wonderful man made a break for it, and headed away from our little town for the weekend. Our destination? One of the oldest towns in Italy: Matera.Matera is...
- Perfect Puglia 1 month ago Well, would you look at that...it's now March! Doesn't time fly? And, as per usual (oh dear!) this Brit is way behind on her blogging... A couple of weekends ago, it seemed as though Spring had already sprung here in Puglia. The sun was out, the sunglasses were on, and the thick coats were off....
- The Best of British! 2 months ago You only have to spend a few minutes on my little blog to realise a couple of things. One, is that I am not a fan of the Italian post office. Another, is that I love exploring southern Italy. But one of the most obvious thing you can find out from my blog, is that I love Italian food. Dolce, pizza,...
Contest Entries »
- At Least You Can Have a Decent Coffee While You Wait Writing Contest October 2012 I step out into the glorious sunshine. It's only the end of May and I'm already wearing a summer dress. I take a leisurely stroll along the cobbled street, waving and shouting a hearty CIAO!! to passers by. I turn onto the beautiful main piazza in...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Sunshine and Tomatoes
14:37 PM October 16, 2012
Sunshine and Tomatoes lives up to its title - it's bright, vibrant and full of life. Amy's posts are always full of tips, tidbits, humour and heart. From photos of stunning scenery to fashion, cultural faux pas to charming pick-me-up blurbs; this blog is always a pleasure to read!
14:38 PM October 16, 2012
This blog is all I expected & more - LOVE IT:-)
15:27 PM October 16, 2012
Love this blog! Captures a real spirit and makes me wanna pack a suitcase n move to Italy! Deserves to be recognised.. :)
12:58 PM October 17, 2012
I love reading this blog. It's so wonderfully written, not stuffy or presumptuous in any way. The content is varied and interesting from lovely recipes which I've tried to a down to earth view of another country and its culture. I'd heartily recommend reading Amy's blog as often as you can. Her style makes the blog a pleasure to read, you always finish with a smile on your face and usually a massive plate full of Italian deliciousness to try!
14:57 PM October 17, 2012
A perfect blog to read on a rainy day..now where to travel to next?
21:06 PM October 17, 2012
Fantastic blog! Always interesting to read and great photos.
00:19 AM October 18, 2012
Lovely interesting blog. Love Amy's humorous writing style. Always makes me chuckle!
12:02 PM October 18, 2012
Amazing as usual! U cud try ur German abilities and post a blog in german -wud be fun!
15:22 PM October 22, 2012
I love this blog! I feel like I live in Italy ;) Means I know exactly what to expect when I come and visit this part of the country.
10:28 AM November 30, 2012
I love Amy's blog! It's very colourful and entertaining. I often Tweet it to my (mostly British) Followers, for whom it's created lots of interest, too. I'm also a British expat living and working in Italy (and married to one, "that's why I have an Italian surname"!!), so it's wonderful to share common experiences of Italian joys and trials. I hope Amy makes her permanent home here on the Boot and that we get to see a lot more of her experiences!