Sunshine and Tomatoes
Latest Blog Posts »
- 'So, when are you going back to the UK?' 2 weeks ago This, dear readers, is one particular question that I am getting rather tired of answering. Why? Because I simply DON'T KNOW. The summer has arrived, and when the summer arrives, there are several things that I always do: I consume even more gelato than usual, I like to go to the beach and, perhaps...
- In the summetime... 3 weeks ago ...the weather in southern Italy is GLORIOUS. And also BOILING. But instead of just going on about how darn hot it is, I thought I would make a little list to illustrate exactly what it's like to experience summer here the heel of the boot. So, here it is:1. Summer will arrive suddenly. One minute...
- Cream and Strawberry Cake 2 months ago Once again dear readers I have not written for a while. I put this down to two things: 1- most of my students are preparing for exams and therefore I have been up to my ears in practice papers and all sorts of very boring grammar and vocabulary stuff. And 2- it has been FREAKING HOT. All of a...
- Kinder Bueno Cheesecake 2 months ago Hi folks! I hope you all had a great weekend. On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending my very first southern Italian wedding; my stomach is now in recovery, and I will be posting all about it in the very near future! For now though, check out this delicious (and very simple) Kinder Bueno...
- A sweet success! 3 months ago Well well. As I sit here typing this I am feeling pretty darn chuffed with myself. Why? Because, dear readers, I happen to have demonstrated that my baking skills are, in fact, not bad at all. As you all know, I am fan of eating dolce. A big fan. A massive, super sweet-toothed fan. And yes, every...
Contest Entries »
- At Least You Can Have a Decent Coffee While You Wait Writing Contest October 2012 I step out into the glorious sunshine. It's only the end of May and I'm already wearing a summer dress. I take a leisurely stroll along the cobbled street, waving and shouting a hearty CIAO!! to passers by. I turn onto the beautiful main piazza in...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Sunshine and Tomatoes
14:37 PM October 16, 2012
Sunshine and Tomatoes lives up to its title - it's bright, vibrant and full of life. Amy's posts are always full of tips, tidbits, humour and heart. From photos of stunning scenery to fashion, cultural faux pas to charming pick-me-up blurbs; this blog is always a pleasure to read!
14:38 PM October 16, 2012
This blog is all I expected & more - LOVE IT:-)
15:27 PM October 16, 2012
Love this blog! Captures a real spirit and makes me wanna pack a suitcase n move to Italy! Deserves to be recognised.. :)
12:58 PM October 17, 2012
I love reading this blog. It's so wonderfully written, not stuffy or presumptuous in any way. The content is varied and interesting from lovely recipes which I've tried to a down to earth view of another country and its culture. I'd heartily recommend reading Amy's blog as often as you can. Her style makes the blog a pleasure to read, you always finish with a smile on your face and usually a massive plate full of Italian deliciousness to try!
14:57 PM October 17, 2012
A perfect blog to read on a rainy day..now where to travel to next?
21:06 PM October 17, 2012
Fantastic blog! Always interesting to read and great photos.
00:19 AM October 18, 2012
Lovely interesting blog. Love Amy's humorous writing style. Always makes me chuckle!
12:02 PM October 18, 2012
Amazing as usual! U cud try ur German abilities and post a blog in german -wud be fun!
15:22 PM October 22, 2012
I love this blog! I feel like I live in Italy ;) Means I know exactly what to expect when I come and visit this part of the country.
10:28 AM November 30, 2012
I love Amy's blog! It's very colourful and entertaining. I often Tweet it to my (mostly British) Followers, for whom it's created lots of interest, too. I'm also a British expat living and working in Italy (and married to one, "that's why I have an Italian surname"!!), so it's wonderful to share common experiences of Italian joys and trials. I hope Amy makes her permanent home here on the Boot and that we get to see a lot more of her experiences!