Sunshine and Tomatoes
Latest Blog Posts »
- Feeling hot hot hot... 4 months ago Hello from cloudy England!Once again I am writing from the UK. I know, I know, this is supposed to be a blog about Italy, and in fact I fully intend to write about Italy. Today, dear readers, I am going to write about the recent heatwave in Italy. Here is a picture of said heatwave:Well, more or...
- It's July.... 5 months ago Yes, I know.Six months have passed. SIX WHOLE MONTHS.And I simply have no idea where they went. Six months of hard work and rubbish winter days which then turned into rainy spring days which have now become hot and sticky days. Six months of books and paper and games and grammar. And sometimes...
- Let it snow, Let it snow...or not. 11 months ago Here in southern Italy, Christmas trees are up, balconies are loaded with fairly lights and supermarkets are filled with mountains of Panettoni. Like, literally. I almost got lost among the stacks of this festive Italian treat the other day. Although let's face it, I wouldn't have had too many...
- How do I have so much stuff?? 1 year ago Well, it's official. I have finally moved.And no, before you start thinking I have upped sticks back to the UK and will now have to start calling my blog drizzle and tea, never fear. I am still very much here in southern Italy. Still in the same little town but at a shiny new flat. One which has...
- Is a month enough? 1 year ago This blogger is officially BACK.Back in her hot, stuffy apartment, with both her coffee and pizza needs well and truly satisfied. For now. And also back at her computer, ready to continue filling you in on all things southern Italy related. Well, apart from today, that is. Today's post is actually...
Contest Entries »
- At Least You Can Have a Decent Coffee While You Wait Writing Contest October 2012 I step out into the glorious sunshine. It's only the end of May and I'm already wearing a summer dress. I take a leisurely stroll along the cobbled street, waving and shouting a hearty CIAO!! to passers by. I turn onto the beautiful main piazza in...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Sunshine and Tomatoes
14:37 PM October 16, 2012
Sunshine and Tomatoes lives up to its title - it's bright, vibrant and full of life. Amy's posts are always full of tips, tidbits, humour and heart. From photos of stunning scenery to fashion, cultural faux pas to charming pick-me-up blurbs; this blog is always a pleasure to read!
14:38 PM October 16, 2012
This blog is all I expected & more - LOVE IT:-)
15:27 PM October 16, 2012
Love this blog! Captures a real spirit and makes me wanna pack a suitcase n move to Italy! Deserves to be recognised.. :)
12:58 PM October 17, 2012
I love reading this blog. It's so wonderfully written, not stuffy or presumptuous in any way. The content is varied and interesting from lovely recipes which I've tried to a down to earth view of another country and its culture. I'd heartily recommend reading Amy's blog as often as you can. Her style makes the blog a pleasure to read, you always finish with a smile on your face and usually a massive plate full of Italian deliciousness to try!
14:57 PM October 17, 2012
A perfect blog to read on a rainy day..now where to travel to next?
21:06 PM October 17, 2012
Fantastic blog! Always interesting to read and great photos.
00:19 AM October 18, 2012
Lovely interesting blog. Love Amy's humorous writing style. Always makes me chuckle!
12:02 PM October 18, 2012
Amazing as usual! U cud try ur German abilities and post a blog in german -wud be fun!
15:22 PM October 22, 2012
I love this blog! I feel like I live in Italy ;) Means I know exactly what to expect when I come and visit this part of the country.
10:28 AM November 30, 2012
I love Amy's blog! It's very colourful and entertaining. I often Tweet it to my (mostly British) Followers, for whom it's created lots of interest, too. I'm also a British expat living and working in Italy (and married to one, "that's why I have an Italian surname"!!), so it's wonderful to share common experiences of Italian joys and trials. I hope Amy makes her permanent home here on the Boot and that we get to see a lot more of her experiences!