Latest Blog Posts »
- The View From Down Under 1 year ago The move to Australia has been a long time coming but now that I’m here it all feels very abrupt. The Englishman got wind of a potential Sydney posting months ago so we’ve had plenty of time to get used to the idea. But no matter how organized the packing job, or how much advance … Continue...
- Attention Les Gazelles 1 year ago In the blink of an eye, my two years in France have come and gone. Nice and I have had a classic romance: I was infatuated with the light and the color when I arrived and then reality set in and I had to work hard to learn the language and ingratiate myself in order … Continue reading →
- Istanbul in Pictures 1 year ago Filed under: Food, Istanbul Tagged: istanbul, photography, stumbling into paradise, travel, turkey
- Meatballs, magic carpets and a very swollen face - Part 2 1 year ago Istanbul is known for its incredible food and before I left, everyone I talked to told me to “eat everything!” Our first dinner set the bar high. Tired after working all day (and walking all day in my case) we decided to stay on our side of the Bosphorus and by luck of the draw, … Continue...
- Top Travel Tip: Rotenberg - Naharayim, Israel 2 years ago Today’s Tip: Rotenburg restaurant – Naharayim, Israel This out of the way spot takes “hidden gem” to a new level. About an hour and 45 minutes northwest of Tel Aviv, what is now a welcoming, rustic restaurant is housed in what was an old border inspection center for the defunct Valley...
Contest Entries »
- Building a social life in France Writing Contest October 2012 There is a lot to love here in the French Riviera - the culture, the scenery, the food, and the lifestyle don’t leave much to be desired. But over the past year or so, I have found it quite lonely at times. I miss throwing dinner parties and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on stumblingintoparadise
23:27 PM October 16, 2012
Fantastic! A great read every time Ms. Beck stumbles! I feel transported to so many wonderful places through her writing. I cannot wait for the next installment.