The Accidental Australian
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Few Words on Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park 4 months ago Uluru- Kata Tjuta National Park: Uluru, a place of sacred importance to the Anangu (the traditional land owners of this area). Kata-Tjuta (translates to “many heads”), also known as the Olgas.
- Underground Living & Opals: Or, What Mike Rowe and I Have in Common 3 months ago Waking up bright and early, mostly due not to a good night’s sleep but to extreme heat and sunshine streaming into my campervan, I happily set off from Woomera to my next port of call, the town of Coober Pedy. Coober Pedy caught my attention ages ago, when I mentioned to a travel agent I...
- Where in the World is Woomera? 4 months ago Note: Last month I embarked on an epic roadtrip, driving solo from Adelaide to Alice Springs, via Uluru, and some other rather interesting points of call. The next few blogs will be about this. Bust out your bugspray and mozzie nets, we’re going bush. After
- Boomerang Beach, NSW 6 months ago
- Behold the Australian Shopping Mall 7 months ago Ah, the mighty American shopping mall. Air conditioned at full blast, crowded with screaming toddlers and angst-y preteens, and more shops than any of us actually need.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on The Accidental Australian
22:29 PM November 18, 2012
I love this blog. It's perfect for planning my upcoming trip to Australia. Like a tour book only more fun.
22:48 PM November 18, 2012
I am enjoying this blog very much. I like to travel, and I have visited Australia. Katie's comments capture the uniqueness of this beautiful country.
09:30 AM November 19, 2012
09:39 AM November 19, 2012
Really fun blog that manages to impart humor without "making fun" of Australians. Makes me want to visit Australia! Two thumbs up!
22:42 PM November 19, 2012
As a travel agent I love to read peoples blogs on travelling and have found this Blog to be quite unique and on some topics that you would not normally come across on a travel blog of Australia, Well worth a read and I eagerly await the next installment.
05:15 AM November 20, 2012
Never thought being Australian could be so possible, if even accidental. Great job
08:10 AM November 22, 2012
As a blogger myself, I love reading other people's writing- this one is funny and points out interesting nuances of living in another country.
07:07 AM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy the articles of the Accidental Australian- great work!