The Accidental Australian
Latest Blog Posts »
- Home is Where the Fish Are: Snorkeling in Sydney 3 months ago If you are like me and lack the common sense to live in an air-conditioned house in Sydney, where temperatures in summer are regularly in the 90’s and upwards, getting wet is one of the best ways to cool off. Sure, a cold shower would do the trick, but there’s not much marine life …...
- My Humble Words of Wisdom to Future Expats 1 year ago Moving to a new country can be stressful, exhilarating and exhausting. Becoming an expat involves packing up your life and starting over in a new place, whether for love, work, or wanderlust. There’s so much to be considered, from making sure you have health coverage, finding a place to live,...
- An Open Letter to the Sharks 1 year ago By the time you read this, you’ll probably be snared on a drum line, waiting to die a slow and painful death; punishment for your heinous crime of existing in your own ocean. If I may be honest, we don’t like you. In fact, your mere presence in the great blue abyss of our beloved … Continue...
- Home is Where the Hamburger Is 1 year ago Allow me to present the latest edition of “The Accidental Australian on Holiday” – New Zealand It’s become the stuff of backpacker legend. Greasy, messy, and said to be delicious- no trip to Queenstown would be complete without one. I am talking, of course, about Fergburger, a hamburger...
- A Day in the Daintree 1 year ago Take a road trip with your parents, a river crossing over crocodile-infested waters, meandering switchbacks over ocean cliffs and through dense rainforest, and add in a deadly bird for good measure- this is the stuff family vacations are made of- at least in the Daintree. With my parents visiting...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on The Accidental Australian
22:29 PM November 18, 2012
I love this blog. It's perfect for planning my upcoming trip to Australia. Like a tour book only more fun.
22:48 PM November 18, 2012
I am enjoying this blog very much. I like to travel, and I have visited Australia. Katie's comments capture the uniqueness of this beautiful country.
09:30 AM November 19, 2012
09:39 AM November 19, 2012
Really fun blog that manages to impart humor without "making fun" of Australians. Makes me want to visit Australia! Two thumbs up!
22:42 PM November 19, 2012
As a travel agent I love to read peoples blogs on travelling and have found this Blog to be quite unique and on some topics that you would not normally come across on a travel blog of Australia, Well worth a read and I eagerly await the next installment.
05:15 AM November 20, 2012
Never thought being Australian could be so possible, if even accidental. Great job
08:10 AM November 22, 2012
As a blogger myself, I love reading other people's writing- this one is funny and points out interesting nuances of living in another country.
07:07 AM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy the articles of the Accidental Australian- great work!