The Accidental Australian
Latest Blog Posts »
- Australia: 50 Best Places to See 5 days ago Here it is: The Accidental Australian’s top 50 most interesting, beautiful, and quirky places to see in Australia. While there are, of course, many more places to explore, the below is a great starting point for planning your trip, or getting an idea of the diversity of this incredible continent....
- Vietnam Sleeper Trains: How to Choose Them, Avoid Them, or Embrace Them 1 week ago Editor’s Note: This guest blog is courtesy of Suzie Dundas, founder of the travel website HikeUpYourSkirt. “Ugh, no,” said our newfound Dutch friend, when we told them in Ho Chi Minh city that we planned on taking multiple sleeper trains during our trip through Vietnam. “I think they are...
- Don't Beat Around the Bush- Go Bushwalking in the Blue Mountains 1 month ago Only two hours west of the bustling metropolitan city that is Sydney lies an oasis of nature known as the Blue Mountains. Listening to a kookaburra above you in a sprawling, ancient blue gum tree, taking in views from treacherous cliffs and ravines that could put the Grand Canyon to shame, this...
- Top Five: American Burgers in Sydney 2 months ago It will comfort the most seasoned of American expats in Australia to know that American comfort food is hugely trendy in Sydney at the moment. Creamy mac and cheese, spicy wings with bleu cheese, waffle fries, and, of course, the quintessential favorite, the burger. As any American, or lover of a...
- A Sporting Spectacular in Melbourne 2 months ago Author: Hannah Bates If you’re visiting Melbourne in the summer months, one event you should aim to see is the Australian Open – one of the world’s most prestigious tennis events. As one of the four tennis Grand Slams that take place every year, the Open is one of the highlights of the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on The Accidental Australian
22:29 PM November 18, 2012
I love this blog. It's perfect for planning my upcoming trip to Australia. Like a tour book only more fun.
22:48 PM November 18, 2012
I am enjoying this blog very much. I like to travel, and I have visited Australia. Katie's comments capture the uniqueness of this beautiful country.
09:30 AM November 19, 2012
09:39 AM November 19, 2012
Really fun blog that manages to impart humor without "making fun" of Australians. Makes me want to visit Australia! Two thumbs up!
22:42 PM November 19, 2012
As a travel agent I love to read peoples blogs on travelling and have found this Blog to be quite unique and on some topics that you would not normally come across on a travel blog of Australia, Well worth a read and I eagerly await the next installment.
05:15 AM November 20, 2012
Never thought being Australian could be so possible, if even accidental. Great job
08:10 AM November 22, 2012
As a blogger myself, I love reading other people's writing- this one is funny and points out interesting nuances of living in another country.
07:07 AM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy the articles of the Accidental Australian- great work!