The Accidental Australian
Latest Blog Posts »
- Top Five: American Burgers in Sydney 2 days ago It will comfort the most seasoned of American expats in Australia to know that American comfort food is hugely trendy in Sydney at the moment. Creamy mac and cheese, spicy wings with bleu cheese, waffle fries, and, of course, the quintessential favorite, the burger. As any American, or lover of a...
- A Sporting Spectacular in Melbourne 1 week ago Author: Hannah Bates If you’re visiting Melbourne in the summer months, one event you should aim to see is the Australian Open – one of the world’s most prestigious tennis events. As one of the four tennis Grand Slams that take place every year, the Open is one of the highlights of the...
- Buying a second-hand car in Australia in Six Easy Steps. (Or, how to become a beekeeper) 3 months ago 1. Make sure you have a valid Australian driver’s license. As a foreigner you are legally allowed to drive in Australia on the license from your home country for a short-term, but after the first six months you are required to obtain a local license, and probably best not to wait four years,...
- 5 Best Things about Winter in Sydney 6 months ago Sydney is not a particularly enjoyable place to be in winter. The concept of central heating never really took off in Australia, leading to frigid houses and evenings curled up on the couch next to the space heater (a fire safety hazard in and of itself), but I digress. The sun sets by 5pm, leading...
- Breakfast is the New Black 7 months ago Smashed avo on toast, brekkie sanga, skinny flat white? Welcome to café culture in Australia. In America, we hold the humble, well-loved family diner in high esteem, when it comes to breakfast. All-you-can-drink black drip coffee, bacon and eggs, pancakes by the stack served by Edna in the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on The Accidental Australian
22:29 PM November 18, 2012
I love this blog. It's perfect for planning my upcoming trip to Australia. Like a tour book only more fun.
22:48 PM November 18, 2012
I am enjoying this blog very much. I like to travel, and I have visited Australia. Katie's comments capture the uniqueness of this beautiful country.
09:30 AM November 19, 2012
09:39 AM November 19, 2012
Really fun blog that manages to impart humor without "making fun" of Australians. Makes me want to visit Australia! Two thumbs up!
22:42 PM November 19, 2012
As a travel agent I love to read peoples blogs on travelling and have found this Blog to be quite unique and on some topics that you would not normally come across on a travel blog of Australia, Well worth a read and I eagerly await the next installment.
05:15 AM November 20, 2012
Never thought being Australian could be so possible, if even accidental. Great job
08:10 AM November 22, 2012
As a blogger myself, I love reading other people's writing- this one is funny and points out interesting nuances of living in another country.
07:07 AM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy the articles of the Accidental Australian- great work!