The Accidental Australian
Latest Blog Posts »
- 5 Best Things about Winter in Sydney 2 months ago Sydney is not a particularly enjoyable place to be in winter. The concept of central heating never really took off in Australia, leading to frigid houses and evenings curled up on the couch next to the space heater (a fire safety hazard in and of itself), but I digress. The sun sets by 5pm,...
- Breakfast is the New Black 3 months ago Smashed avo on toast, brekkie sanga, skinny flat white? Welcome to café culture in Australia. In America, we hold the humble, well-loved family diner in high esteem, when it comes to breakfast. All-you-can-drink black drip coffee, bacon and eggs, pancakes by the stack served by Edna in the...
- Home is Where the Fish Are: Snorkeling in Sydney 1 year ago If you are like me and lack the common sense to live in an air-conditioned house in Sydney, where temperatures in summer are regularly in the 90’s and upwards, getting wet is one of the best ways to cool off. Sure, a cold shower would do the trick, but there’s not much marine life… More...
- My Humble Words of Wisdom to Future Expats 2 years ago Moving to a new country can be stressful, exhilarating and exhausting. Becoming an expat involves packing up your life and starting over in a new place, whether for love, work, or wanderlust. There’s so much to be considered, from making sure you have health coverage, finding a place to live,...
- An Open Letter to the Sharks 2 years ago By the time you read this, you’ll probably be snared on a drum line, waiting to die a slow and painful death; punishment for your heinous crime of existing in your own ocean. If I may be honest, we don’t like you. In fact, your mere presence in the great blue abyss of our beloved… More An...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on The Accidental Australian
22:29 PM November 18, 2012
I love this blog. It's perfect for planning my upcoming trip to Australia. Like a tour book only more fun.
22:48 PM November 18, 2012
I am enjoying this blog very much. I like to travel, and I have visited Australia. Katie's comments capture the uniqueness of this beautiful country.
09:30 AM November 19, 2012
09:39 AM November 19, 2012
Really fun blog that manages to impart humor without "making fun" of Australians. Makes me want to visit Australia! Two thumbs up!
22:42 PM November 19, 2012
As a travel agent I love to read peoples blogs on travelling and have found this Blog to be quite unique and on some topics that you would not normally come across on a travel blog of Australia, Well worth a read and I eagerly await the next installment.
05:15 AM November 20, 2012
Never thought being Australian could be so possible, if even accidental. Great job
08:10 AM November 22, 2012
As a blogger myself, I love reading other people's writing- this one is funny and points out interesting nuances of living in another country.
07:07 AM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy the articles of the Accidental Australian- great work!