From There to Here
Latest Blog Posts »
- Recent Reads VI: Recommendations 2 weeks ago One of the best parts of having a blog is connecting with others and ever since I started this regular Recent Reads series, my readers have been sharing all sorts of fantastic books with me. The only thing that rivals a good book is sharing a good book with fellow lovers of the written word.A...
- Tulum Town 2 weeks ago One morning, the skies were overcast and the threat of intermittent rain showers loomed beckoning us away from the beach. We spent a couple of hours catching up with Joe's Grandma and Great Aunt who, by the way, are both avid travellers. We laughed as they told us about getting soaked while...
- #WeAreWinter 3 weeks ago Joe and I went to cheer on Norway in the final of the European curling championship held here in Stavanger at the end of November. Norway has been known for their curling couture long before People Magazine picked it up.#WeAreWinter is Team Canada's slogan for Sochi 2014 and it seems fitting. I...
- Escape to Mexico 3 weeks ago It's fairly well known that Canadian winters are long, cold and dark. Where I grew up, the first snowfall came around Halloween and it would be followed by months and months of below zero temperatures and snow storms. Come January, many of us were completely over winter - the terrible road...
- In Bruges 3 months ago Have you seen In Bruges with Colin Farrell? It's a profanity laced, dark comedy that takes place in, you got it - Bruges. While the film wasn't necessarily a favourite of mine, every time I think of that Belgian city, I want to say, "F***ing Bruges." Back in November when we made our return...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on From There to Here
10:45 AM October 18, 2012
It has been a delight to follow Jay's adventures as she moved from Canada to Gabon to Norway. Jay tackles difficult topics on her blog with eloquence, provides insightful knowledge about life in Norway, and keeps me coming back for more. One of my long time favourites.
11:19 AM October 18, 2012
Jay's blog is lovely! She's just moved recently to Norway but she's already posted tons about where she lives and things she's done. I'd never thought about visiting Norway before and now I'd love to!! I only gave it 4/5 because I'm so jealous!
20:29 PM November 18, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog. It is refreshing, interesting and it presents life from a different angle. We can fell that is comes from the heart. My daughter justo moved from Canada to Spain. This blog made me realize that you can be happy anywhere and enjoy life as long as you are with the one you love and ready for new adventures. Very good blog!
19:07 PM November 24, 2012
I've loved following Jay's adventures ever since she and her husband lived in Gabon. She posts fantastic photos of her adventures, and she's got such a sweet personality through her writing - the combination keeps me coming back to read what's new.
14:54 PM December 05, 2012
such a lovely blog!
12:38 PM December 09, 2012
Loved to follow Jay on her journey from Gabon to Norway! Great blog with lots of expat advice!! Always look forward to the next post! Great work Jay!