From There to Here
Latest Blog Posts »
- Travel Planning: Winter Travel 3 days ago High season travel in Europe often revolves around the summer. After all, children are on school vacation, the weather is more agreeable, and the increased amount of daylight is convenient. But, it also means crowded attractions, increased prices and depending on where you are, extreme heat...
- Coffee Talk 1 week ago There was a time where the moment I got off an airplane and smelled that familiar coffee smell trailing it's way towards my gate that my heart would leap and I'd be exclaiming to Joe, "There's a Starbucks!" Living in the third world did that to me. There were no fancy cafés and there were...
- Let's Talk Travel Magazines 2 weeks ago Last year, as part of Joe's birthday present, I purchased a subscription to Condé Nast Traveler. Every month both of us would look forward to a new magazine showing up in the postbox and it was great inspiration as we planned our travel throughout the year. At the end of the summer, I started...
- Where to Stay in Istanbul 2 weeks ago It's been months since our trip to Istanbul and since I wrote my first post, post-trip. It was one of those trips that has been swirling around in my head ever since we returned and while I've been meaning to blog about it, I also wasn't ready to share it. When an experience was really good, it...
- Further Education 3 weeks ago Luck had it that our first expatriation landed us in Gabon, a French speaking country, and I had some French education behind me. Even so, when we arrived, it had been years since I'd spoken a word of French and several more years since I had to use much other than simple conjugation, ABC's,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on From There to Here
10:45 AM October 18, 2012
It has been a delight to follow Jay's adventures as she moved from Canada to Gabon to Norway. Jay tackles difficult topics on her blog with eloquence, provides insightful knowledge about life in Norway, and keeps me coming back for more. One of my long time favourites.
11:19 AM October 18, 2012
Jay's blog is lovely! She's just moved recently to Norway but she's already posted tons about where she lives and things she's done. I'd never thought about visiting Norway before and now I'd love to!! I only gave it 4/5 because I'm so jealous!
20:29 PM November 18, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog. It is refreshing, interesting and it presents life from a different angle. We can fell that is comes from the heart. My daughter justo moved from Canada to Spain. This blog made me realize that you can be happy anywhere and enjoy life as long as you are with the one you love and ready for new adventures. Very good blog!
19:07 PM November 24, 2012
I've loved following Jay's adventures ever since she and her husband lived in Gabon. She posts fantastic photos of her adventures, and she's got such a sweet personality through her writing - the combination keeps me coming back to read what's new.
14:54 PM December 05, 2012
such a lovely blog!
12:38 PM December 09, 2012
Loved to follow Jay on her journey from Gabon to Norway! Great blog with lots of expat advice!! Always look forward to the next post! Great work Jay!