From There to Here
Latest Blog Posts »
- Checking In 4 months ago Hello! Is anyone out there?My goodness blogging has changed since I began back in 2010. Gone are the days of scheduled daily posts and hello to novels written under Instagram photos and snippets of daily life on Instastories. It's strange when I've followed someone's blog for years only to have...
- Eight Months In 1 year ago Goodness. Eight months. We've lived in Abu Dhabi for eight months.The short of it - we're doing well. We actually kind of like living here. The weather (currently) is great. There are always a ton of things going on in the city so we're never bored. We love spending time between the pool...
- The Holiday Season in Abu Dhabi 1 year ago The holiday season seems to sneak up on me when we're living in countries without the four distinctive seasons. For this Canadian, dark mornings and afternoons and chilly temperatures have me yearning for Christmas to bring a little joy to the discomforts. While the afternoons now have us...
- Around Here 1 year ago As we enter our third month in Abu Dhabi, we are settling into our new home. It's nearly empty and as I set my cup down on the table, the sound echoes throughout the living room. Compared to our apartment in Norway, this place is palatial. We have gone from one bathroom with only a shower to four...
- The First Month 1 year ago Abu Dhabi skyline from The GaleriaOne week after landing in Abu Dhabi, the two bedroom apartment in our hotel became available and all of our lives improved tenfold. Joe and I no longer need to tip toe into bed every night and Jasper has space to play. He has made great friends with the valets...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on From There to Here
10:45 AM October 18, 2012
It has been a delight to follow Jay's adventures as she moved from Canada to Gabon to Norway. Jay tackles difficult topics on her blog with eloquence, provides insightful knowledge about life in Norway, and keeps me coming back for more. One of my long time favourites.
11:19 AM October 18, 2012
Jay's blog is lovely! She's just moved recently to Norway but she's already posted tons about where she lives and things she's done. I'd never thought about visiting Norway before and now I'd love to!! I only gave it 4/5 because I'm so jealous!
20:29 PM November 18, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog. It is refreshing, interesting and it presents life from a different angle. We can fell that is comes from the heart. My daughter justo moved from Canada to Spain. This blog made me realize that you can be happy anywhere and enjoy life as long as you are with the one you love and ready for new adventures. Very good blog!
19:07 PM November 24, 2012
I've loved following Jay's adventures ever since she and her husband lived in Gabon. She posts fantastic photos of her adventures, and she's got such a sweet personality through her writing - the combination keeps me coming back to read what's new.
14:54 PM December 05, 2012
such a lovely blog!
12:38 PM December 09, 2012
Loved to follow Jay on her journey from Gabon to Norway! Great blog with lots of expat advice!! Always look forward to the next post! Great work Jay!
21:37 PM January 30, 2016
Not only expats in Norway but in general this blogs is lovely and very helpful. I just discovered but I love it. Rock on!