From There to Here
Latest Blog Posts »
- The First Month 4 weeks ago Abu Dhabi skyline from The GaleriaOne week after landing in Abu Dhabi, the two bedroom apartment in our hotel became available and all of our lives improved tenfold. Joe and I no longer need to tip toe into bed every night and Jasper has space to play. He has made great friends with the valets...
- The Early Days 2 months ago We touched down in Gabon at the end of July over 6 years ago. The regional flight landed in Port Gentil, we disembarked, then stood around the tarmac watching as our bags were unloaded before proceeding to line up at a table where two officers opened and searched bags manually before waving you...
- Abu Dhabi 2 months ago Yes - you guessed it. We're moving to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.Credit: UnknownOver four years ago as we prepared to move from Port Gentil, Gabon to Stavanger, Norway we joked that we couldn't have picked more opposite locations however, this transition to Abu Dhabi might just take the...
- We're Moving To... 3 months ago I wrote this post ages ago when I thought signing the contract was imminent but here we are, almost into August and Joe has not received a contract to sign despite signing the offer of employment and actually being there and working the last 2 weeks! I've been holding off telling anyone where...
- Unintended Silence 11 months ago Photos from our trip to France at the beginning of the monthSeveral weeks ago, Joe, Jasper and I were wandering around a local shopping mall here in Stavanger. We hadn't been there in well over a year and were feeling a little disoriented, it was Saturday (busy) and we were hungry so we pulled off...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on From There to Here
10:45 AM October 18, 2012
It has been a delight to follow Jay's adventures as she moved from Canada to Gabon to Norway. Jay tackles difficult topics on her blog with eloquence, provides insightful knowledge about life in Norway, and keeps me coming back for more. One of my long time favourites.
11:19 AM October 18, 2012
Jay's blog is lovely! She's just moved recently to Norway but she's already posted tons about where she lives and things she's done. I'd never thought about visiting Norway before and now I'd love to!! I only gave it 4/5 because I'm so jealous!
20:29 PM November 18, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog. It is refreshing, interesting and it presents life from a different angle. We can fell that is comes from the heart. My daughter justo moved from Canada to Spain. This blog made me realize that you can be happy anywhere and enjoy life as long as you are with the one you love and ready for new adventures. Very good blog!
19:07 PM November 24, 2012
I've loved following Jay's adventures ever since she and her husband lived in Gabon. She posts fantastic photos of her adventures, and she's got such a sweet personality through her writing - the combination keeps me coming back to read what's new.
14:54 PM December 05, 2012
such a lovely blog!
12:38 PM December 09, 2012
Loved to follow Jay on her journey from Gabon to Norway! Great blog with lots of expat advice!! Always look forward to the next post! Great work Jay!
21:37 PM January 30, 2016
Not only expats in Norway but in general this blogs is lovely and very helpful. I just discovered but I love it. Rock on!