From There to Here
Latest Blog Posts »
- Oslo, Take Two 1 week ago A couple of weeks ago, Joe had meetings in Oslo. It's normal for him to fly to another Norwegian city for business here and there but often it's just a day trip and usually it's in the middle of the week. We used to hope for the meetings to partner up with a weekend so that we could go a little...
- Amsterdam 1 month ago When thinking of our upcoming trip to Amsterdam I pictured canals, bikes, houseboats, museums and typical European architecture. It wasn't until my sister made a comment about marijuana a couple of days before our departure that I remembered there was another side to this Dutch city. I suppose...
- Recent Reads VI: Recommendations 2 months ago One of the best parts of having a blog is connecting with others and ever since I started this regular Recent Reads series, my readers have been sharing all sorts of fantastic books with me. The only thing that rivals a good book is sharing a good book with fellow lovers of the written word.A...
- Tulum Town 2 months ago One morning, the skies were overcast and the threat of intermittent rain showers loomed beckoning us away from the beach. We spent a couple of hours catching up with Joe's Grandma and Great Aunt who, by the way, are both avid travellers. We laughed as they told us about getting soaked while...
- #WeAreWinter 2 months ago Joe and I went to cheer on Norway in the final of the European curling championship held here in Stavanger at the end of November. Norway has been known for their curling couture long before People Magazine picked it up.#WeAreWinter is Team Canada's slogan for Sochi 2014 and it seems fitting. I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on From There to Here
10:45 AM October 18, 2012
It has been a delight to follow Jay's adventures as she moved from Canada to Gabon to Norway. Jay tackles difficult topics on her blog with eloquence, provides insightful knowledge about life in Norway, and keeps me coming back for more. One of my long time favourites.
11:19 AM October 18, 2012
Jay's blog is lovely! She's just moved recently to Norway but she's already posted tons about where she lives and things she's done. I'd never thought about visiting Norway before and now I'd love to!! I only gave it 4/5 because I'm so jealous!
20:29 PM November 18, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog. It is refreshing, interesting and it presents life from a different angle. We can fell that is comes from the heart. My daughter justo moved from Canada to Spain. This blog made me realize that you can be happy anywhere and enjoy life as long as you are with the one you love and ready for new adventures. Very good blog!
19:07 PM November 24, 2012
I've loved following Jay's adventures ever since she and her husband lived in Gabon. She posts fantastic photos of her adventures, and she's got such a sweet personality through her writing - the combination keeps me coming back to read what's new.
14:54 PM December 05, 2012
such a lovely blog!
12:38 PM December 09, 2012
Loved to follow Jay on her journey from Gabon to Norway! Great blog with lots of expat advice!! Always look forward to the next post! Great work Jay!