Latest Blog Posts »
- The Intersection of Ethical Adoption and PTSD 5 hours ago Is it possible to adopt ethically? Does adoption automatically equal PTSD? These two questions might seem strange to have in the same post ... The first more applies to potential adoptive parents and agencies, whereas it’s only adult adoptees who are complaining about PTSD, right? But as...
- Only in Serbia 1 day ago "You don't make any sense. You completely contradict yourself all the time." Good stuff. This sentiment insult I recently received pretty much encapsulates how I live my life. Most of the time. Maybe. ... Why can't I just make up my damn mind? I call myself a patriotic American, but in A Friendly...
- PTSD and Post-Adoption Issues-What NOT to Say 4 days ago Sometimes even our best-intentioned loved ones make inadvertent yet serious mistakes when trying to help a trauma survivor. Following a trauma or abuse, survivors sometimes suffer from PTSD--Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. In
- Adoption Manifesto-It's Go Time 6 days ago I've made peace with my adoptee status; I've emerged from my own adoption fog. I
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Foster Care 1 week ago Not all children who need to permanently live away from their birth family want to be adopted, so instead they go into long-term foster care until they’re adults. - United Kingdom government website Love. this. statement. It's a government agency taking into account the needs and wants of...
Contest Entries »
- "Big Expat Decision #1" ... Where to send the kids to school? Education and International Schools Teaching dance at my kids' preschool. Mostly fun, but as evidenced by the semi-chaos, it is often an exercise in futility thanks to my poor Serbian language skills. It’s just another in a long line of examples as to why and how I was holding...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Serbia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Mommy
14:41 PM December 05, 2012
I am a huge fan of Laura's blog, because she talks about the small things of life in a sensitive and tactful way. A great blog!