Tomorrow in Taiwan
Latest Blog Posts »
- Waiting for the Typhoon 16 hours ago Typhoon Matmo is headed straight for us. While that sounds dire, Taichung is actually pretty well protected. Most typhoons sweep in from the Pacific Ocean and hit the east coast and mountains in the center of Taiwan before eventually dumping … Continue reading →
- Director's Lunch 1 month ago The final exam for my middle school class was to prepare and serve lunch for all of the middle school teachers. The kids did a great job making opening day soup, pizza, fruit salad, and a luscious lemon cake. They … Continue reading →
- KFC in Taiwan 1 month ago We finally ate at KFC. KFC is very popular in Asia. The chicken was a little boring – none of the eleven secret herbs and spices seem to have made it here. But the famous egg tarts were quite good! … Continue reading →
- Beautiful Music 2 months ago A few weeks ago the parent association at school treated the teachers to a traditional tea ceremony and accompanying traditional Chinese music. It was beautiful and relaxing. Simo was so taken with the music that he hired the musician for … Continue reading →
- Happy Easter! 3 months ago Taiwan is not a Christian country, less than 5% of the population identifies as Christian, so we made our own celebration. Vickey invited us to a special Easter dinner at a very nice restaurant/art museum. The food was elegantly served. … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Working on Plan E Writing Contest October 2012 It all started with a remodel project gone south and a frustrating year at work. Dan and I had hit that middle age slump which I now interpret as a dawning sense of possibilities. The kids were grown and doing well on their own. Work had...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Taiwan Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Taiwan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Tomorrow in Taiwan
16:24 PM November 23, 2012
Dan and Betsy's blog covers a wide variety of topics, from work issues to dealing with homesickness. While most of it is happy, they also do a nice job of discussing the emotional reality of living overseas.
12:42 PM November 26, 2012
A great source for folks travelling to Taichung -- a city that is shunned by most guidebooks. Witty and friendly.
15:51 PM November 26, 2012
Come for the food, stay for the stories. (And the cats. The cats are excellent)
16:16 PM November 26, 2012
This blog really tells what it is like to be an expat, in addition to providing interesting tidbits and travel tips on Taiwan. This post http://tomorrowintaiwan.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/adjusting-our-ears/ captured part of the expat experience for me very well. As a former expat myself (Czechoslovakia 1990-1992), I can appreciate these moments! And wish I had been able to blog back then.
07:39 AM November 27, 2012
I love that it shares vignettes and an insight into expat life in Taichung without pontificating or taking that entitled expat perspective that I detest. This is fresh, still full of wonder and a growing sense of comfort with the new world they find themeselves in. And yes, the cats rock :-)