Tomorrow in Taiwan
Latest Blog Posts »
- Available at Costco 3 months ago Green tea with red bean shaved ice. Give it a try!
- Getting Ready for Chinese New Year 3 months ago Our favorite “everything” store is now stocked for the New Year celebrations. Happy Lunar New Year!
- Exploring Taichung 3 months ago We’ve spent the past few days trying to get lost in Taichung. Pick a random street, go along a ways, and there we are smack up against a street we know. Turn the next corner and there’s another one. We’re … Continue reading →
- Temple Machine 5 months ago The faculty and staff went on a field trip to Sun Link Sea (more on that in another post but the short story is… forest that felt like home). We ran across a coin-operated machine that Dan and I had … Continue reading →
- Halloween at School 5 months ago Halloween is not celebrated much in Taiwan, despite the best efforts of the local chain stores. but Halloween is a big deal at our American school. The students had some great costumes but I liked the teacher costumes the best. … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Working on Plan E Writing Contest October 2012 It all started with a remodel project gone south and a frustrating year at work. Dan and I had hit that middle age slump which I now interpret as a dawning sense of possibilities. The kids were grown and doing well on their own. Work had...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Taiwan Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Taiwan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Tomorrow in Taiwan
16:24 PM November 23, 2012
Dan and Betsy's blog covers a wide variety of topics, from work issues to dealing with homesickness. While most of it is happy, they also do a nice job of discussing the emotional reality of living overseas.
12:42 PM November 26, 2012
A great source for folks travelling to Taichung -- a city that is shunned by most guidebooks. Witty and friendly.
15:51 PM November 26, 2012
Come for the food, stay for the stories. (And the cats. The cats are excellent)
16:16 PM November 26, 2012
This blog really tells what it is like to be an expat, in addition to providing interesting tidbits and travel tips on Taiwan. This post http://tomorrowintaiwan.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/adjusting-our-ears/ captured part of the expat experience for me very well. As a former expat myself (Czechoslovakia 1990-1992), I can appreciate these moments! And wish I had been able to blog back then.
07:39 AM November 27, 2012
I love that it shares vignettes and an insight into expat life in Taichung without pontificating or taking that entitled expat perspective that I detest. This is fresh, still full of wonder and a growing sense of comfort with the new world they find themeselves in. And yes, the cats rock :-)