Tomorrow in Taiwan
Latest Blog Posts »
- Rapid Road Repair 1 day ago The Taiwanese are very efficient in their road repair. Every time we’ve gone over the mountains they have crews working on the roads. Today the target was the road in front of our apartment building. In the space of one … Continue reading →
- Children's Day 1 week ago Friday was Children’s Day in Taiwan and we had the day off school. We went for a walk in one of our favorite parks. The park was full of families. This particular park has a stream that extends through the … Continue reading →
- Spring Break Exploring 2 weeks ago Time once again for spring break exploring. We arranged for cat care (thanks, Christine!) and took off on our favorite road to Hualien. What a spectacular day! Beautiful views and lovely weather. The cherry trees were blooming. We found two … Continue reading →
- AST Open House 2 months ago Too exciting…AST held an open house for the first time in ten years and opened its doors to the public. It was held in conjunction with the school carnival – food booths from different countries and games run by the … Continue reading →
- Stayin' Alive 2 months ago
Contest Entries »
- Working on Plan E Writing Contest October 2012 It all started with a remodel project gone south and a frustrating year at work. Dan and I had hit that middle age slump which I now interpret as a dawning sense of possibilities. The kids were grown and doing well on their own. Work had...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Taiwan Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Taiwan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Tomorrow in Taiwan
16:24 PM November 23, 2012
Dan and Betsy's blog covers a wide variety of topics, from work issues to dealing with homesickness. While most of it is happy, they also do a nice job of discussing the emotional reality of living overseas.
12:42 PM November 26, 2012
A great source for folks travelling to Taichung -- a city that is shunned by most guidebooks. Witty and friendly.
15:51 PM November 26, 2012
Come for the food, stay for the stories. (And the cats. The cats are excellent)
16:16 PM November 26, 2012
This blog really tells what it is like to be an expat, in addition to providing interesting tidbits and travel tips on Taiwan. This post http://tomorrowintaiwan.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/adjusting-our-ears/ captured part of the expat experience for me very well. As a former expat myself (Czechoslovakia 1990-1992), I can appreciate these moments! And wish I had been able to blog back then.
07:39 AM November 27, 2012
I love that it shares vignettes and an insight into expat life in Taichung without pontificating or taking that entitled expat perspective that I detest. This is fresh, still full of wonder and a growing sense of comfort with the new world they find themeselves in. And yes, the cats rock :-)