Tomorrow in Taiwan
Latest Blog Posts »
- American Time 4 days ago When we first arrived we heard the phrase, “I don’t have American time.” It was confusing. Aren’t Americans always rushing someplace? Isn’t our life in Taiwan just a little bit slower? But our Chinese teacher finally clued us in. American … Continue reading →
- My Town, Taichung 4 months ago This is a beautiful little video of Taichung and surrounding areas, well worth watching.
- Scooping up the field mice... 4 months ago It’s a beautiful morning. Still warm, but comfortable now. The sun is shining through the banana tree leaves, and the clouds are fluffy and gorgeous. As we were driving home the other day through similar lovely weather, Dan mentioned that … Continue reading →
- Waiting for the Typhoon 4 months ago Typhoon Matmo is headed straight for us. While that sounds dire, Taichung is actually pretty well protected. Most typhoons sweep in from the Pacific Ocean and hit the east coast and mountains in the center of Taiwan before eventually dumping … Continue reading →
- Director's Lunch 6 months ago The final exam for my middle school class was to prepare and serve lunch for all of the middle school teachers. The kids did a great job making opening day soup, pizza, fruit salad, and a luscious lemon cake. They … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Working on Plan E Writing Contest October 2012 It all started with a remodel project gone south and a frustrating year at work. Dan and I had hit that middle age slump which I now interpret as a dawning sense of possibilities. The kids were grown and doing well on their own. Work had...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Taiwan Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Taiwan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Tomorrow in Taiwan
16:24 PM November 23, 2012
Dan and Betsy's blog covers a wide variety of topics, from work issues to dealing with homesickness. While most of it is happy, they also do a nice job of discussing the emotional reality of living overseas.
12:42 PM November 26, 2012
A great source for folks travelling to Taichung -- a city that is shunned by most guidebooks. Witty and friendly.
15:51 PM November 26, 2012
Come for the food, stay for the stories. (And the cats. The cats are excellent)
16:16 PM November 26, 2012
This blog really tells what it is like to be an expat, in addition to providing interesting tidbits and travel tips on Taiwan. This post http://tomorrowintaiwan.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/adjusting-our-ears/ captured part of the expat experience for me very well. As a former expat myself (Czechoslovakia 1990-1992), I can appreciate these moments! And wish I had been able to blog back then.
07:39 AM November 27, 2012
I love that it shares vignettes and an insight into expat life in Taichung without pontificating or taking that entitled expat perspective that I detest. This is fresh, still full of wonder and a growing sense of comfort with the new world they find themeselves in. And yes, the cats rock :-)