Tomorrow in Taiwan
Latest Blog Posts »
- Temple Machine 2 months ago The faculty and staff went on a field trip to Sun Link Sea (more on that in another post but the short story is… forest that felt like home). We ran across a coin-operated machine that Dan and I had … Continue reading →
- Halloween at School 2 months ago Halloween is not celebrated much in Taiwan, despite the best efforts of the local chain stores. but Halloween is a big deal at our American school. The students had some great costumes but I liked the teacher costumes the best. … Continue reading →
- Art and Cookies 3 months ago Today was a big day. Art, writing, and cooking converged to honor 5th grade achievements. Rod had the kids creating portraits in art class. He thought they turned out so well that (inspired by his own life as a working … Continue reading →
- Supplying the Kitchen 3 months ago Two classes and two clubs chew through large quantities of raw ingredients in a week. One of the biggest challenges I’ve had in cooking class is keeping the kitchen stocked. The high school seems to inhale bacon and the 5th … Continue reading →
- Pomelo Season 3 months ago It’s the season for pomelos - like giant grapefruit, only not as juicy. I’m really developing a taste for these. This beauty is from Carol and Simo’s backyard.
Contest Entries »
- Working on Plan E Writing Contest October 2012 It all started with a remodel project gone south and a frustrating year at work. Dan and I had hit that middle age slump which I now interpret as a dawning sense of possibilities. The kids were grown and doing well on their own. Work had...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Taiwan Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Taiwan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Tomorrow in Taiwan
16:24 PM November 23, 2012
Dan and Betsy's blog covers a wide variety of topics, from work issues to dealing with homesickness. While most of it is happy, they also do a nice job of discussing the emotional reality of living overseas.
12:42 PM November 26, 2012
A great source for folks travelling to Taichung -- a city that is shunned by most guidebooks. Witty and friendly.
15:51 PM November 26, 2012
Come for the food, stay for the stories. (And the cats. The cats are excellent)
16:16 PM November 26, 2012
This blog really tells what it is like to be an expat, in addition to providing interesting tidbits and travel tips on Taiwan. This post http://tomorrowintaiwan.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/adjusting-our-ears/ captured part of the expat experience for me very well. As a former expat myself (Czechoslovakia 1990-1992), I can appreciate these moments! And wish I had been able to blog back then.
07:39 AM November 27, 2012
I love that it shares vignettes and an insight into expat life in Taichung without pontificating or taking that entitled expat perspective that I detest. This is fresh, still full of wonder and a growing sense of comfort with the new world they find themeselves in. And yes, the cats rock :-)