Tomorrow in Taiwan
Latest Blog Posts »
- Xin nian kuei leh! (Happy Lunar New Year!) 6 months ago It’s New Year’s Day in Taichung. Almost all of the shops and restaurants are closed. The streets are empty, and the highways are crowded. Most people have traveled to their parents and grandparents in the country to be together for … Continue reading →
- Two Language Cross-Cultural Puns 7 months ago We were out driving yesterday and ran across the sign for a small cafe. It was 8 Na Na. Get it? The word for eight in Chinese is “ba”. You need to know both Chinese and English for the cafe … Continue reading →
- Strawberries for Christmas 8 months ago The strawberry season in Taiwan starts in December, just in time for Christmas. Yesterday we took Christine and Joan’s suggestion and drove north to the strawberry fields. We hopped on highway shield 3 (not flower 3 which is larger, nor … Continue reading →
- Three Markets 9 months ago Our daughter and her boyfriend were visiting us recently (visitors! we had visitors!) so we took them to Keelung, one of our favorite places. They had already visited us for a week then went to Thailand for a week to … Continue reading →
- American Time 9 months ago When we first arrived we heard the phrase, “I don’t have American time.” It was confusing. Aren’t Americans always rushing someplace? Isn’t our life in Taiwan just a little bit slower? But our Chinese teacher finally clued us in. American … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Working on Plan E Writing Contest October 2012 It all started with a remodel project gone south and a frustrating year at work. Dan and I had hit that middle age slump which I now interpret as a dawning sense of possibilities. The kids were grown and doing well on their own. Work had...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Taiwan Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Taiwan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Tomorrow in Taiwan
16:24 PM November 23, 2012
Dan and Betsy's blog covers a wide variety of topics, from work issues to dealing with homesickness. While most of it is happy, they also do a nice job of discussing the emotional reality of living overseas.
12:42 PM November 26, 2012
A great source for folks travelling to Taichung -- a city that is shunned by most guidebooks. Witty and friendly.
15:51 PM November 26, 2012
Come for the food, stay for the stories. (And the cats. The cats are excellent)
16:16 PM November 26, 2012
This blog really tells what it is like to be an expat, in addition to providing interesting tidbits and travel tips on Taiwan. This post http://tomorrowintaiwan.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/adjusting-our-ears/ captured part of the expat experience for me very well. As a former expat myself (Czechoslovakia 1990-1992), I can appreciate these moments! And wish I had been able to blog back then.
07:39 AM November 27, 2012
I love that it shares vignettes and an insight into expat life in Taichung without pontificating or taking that entitled expat perspective that I detest. This is fresh, still full of wonder and a growing sense of comfort with the new world they find themeselves in. And yes, the cats rock :-)