Fiona Lynne - Far Far Away
Latest Blog Posts »
- In which I'm leaving for Uganda and Burundi 2 days ago It’s just five days until I get on a flight bound for Munich and then another for Cairo. And then after a few hours wandering around that airport, board a final flight and arrive in Entebbe, Uganda. FIVE DAYS! I have just so much to do before then. Not least, start thinking about packing....
- the clothes on my back 6 days ago Clothes are on my mind. Last month, in a tragedy that knocked me breathless when I heard about it, over a thousand garment workers lost their lives when the factory they were working in – in which dangerous cracks had very recently been spotted and ignored – collapsed and crushed them....
- A long weekend in Paris 1 week ago This is one of the beautiful things about living in Europe. (This is how we talk, we Brits – we talk about Europe as a completely separate place we are not part of). Luxembourg is like a little hub in easy driving distance of so many great cities and towns. Brussels? Two hours. Geneva? Five...
- spoken word monday - harry baker 1 week ago I love words. I can’t live without them. My favourite songs are the ones where the words wriggle under my skin and give me goosebumps down my spine. My favourite writers are the ones who can spin words like candy floss, making something sweet and enticing. It’s probably no surprise that...
- to be seen 3 weeks ago When I was a teenager, around fourteen years old I think, I used make-up to try and make a bruise I had look worse than it was. I know, I know. I wish I was kidding, too. There had been this incident in my classroom. One of the popular guys on the other wise of [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Luxembourg!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Fiona Lynne - Far Far Away
14:00 PM November 19, 2012
I look after the tax affairs of over a hundred UK expats and recommended Fiona's Expat series on her blog to several of them.
14:26 PM November 19, 2012
Fiona is a kind, wise, down to earth, compassionate, fun girl and her expat series was a true reflection of the big and small pieces that make up expat life. She really should win this award!
15:22 PM November 19, 2012
Fiona Lynn's blog, FarFarAway.com, has held as a compassionate reminder to myself and many others that we are not alone nor are we forgotten in our sometimes fumbled, at times funny, and always brave attempts to be apart of the strange lands we now call home. She calls us out of our comfort and beyond our known skills, challenging her readers to dare to be apart of their surroundings. She is not only inspiring but honest about her experiences. I would recommend her blog to all those who dream to live beyond borders and beyond themselves.
21:23 PM November 19, 2012
Fiona's blog is always a joyful, gentle, and genuine look at the experiences and life of an expat. She has incredible insight and a beautiful way of communicating. From preparing for life as an expat, to the ins and outs of the expat life, to adjusting to life back "home"-- Fiona's words are an asset. They've been invaluable to me.
17:12 PM November 20, 2012
Fiona's writing is relevant and honest, witty and insightful. I look forward to each new post she publishes. Having recently met in person, I can say that Fiona is as lovely in real life as on her blog.
15:24 PM December 30, 2012
In the few articles that I have read of Fiona's blog, I have felt the honesty and beauty of her writing. I have enjoyed each and every word that she has written and her words have touched, inspired and stuck a cord that I as a reader relate to easily. She leaves me wanting to read more.