Latest Blog Posts »
- Alfred at the Como cinema 16 hours ago Strangely enough, I don't think I had ever noticed this mural of the iconic Alfred Hitchcock which is painted on the side of the Cygnet Cinema car park in the suburb of Como, just a few minutes from my work place!Could the bird on the left be a connection to his well known film "The...
- Public Art in Victoria Park 5 days ago Today it's not murals, but some interesting public art works around the suburb of Victoria Park.The steel swan and kangaroo on the corner of Albany Highway and Duncan street stand in front of the Victoria Park post office.Created in 2012 by Fremantle sculptor Greg James, "Penny and Pound" - the...
- Murals in Victoria Park III 1 week ago A few more photos of murals taken in the suburb of Victoria Park.You can see Part I and Part II by clicking on the links.Painted on the side wall of a unique gift shop "The Good Store" at 363 Albany Highway, this beautiful mural got the thumbs up from the store owner. "Jumping the shark", painted...
- Murals in Victoria Park II 2 weeks ago Following from my previous post, here are a few more photos taken in Victoria Park, of murals painted along Albany Highway.The above from Australian artists James Cooper aka Jerkfvce and Nick Zafir represents a giant bird between two macaws entitled "Lucy and the Imposter" was painted for...
- Murals in Victoria Park 2 weeks ago I went to the suburb of Victoria Park, south east of the city centre, with the intention of photographing the murals painted during 2015's Form, that took place from 6th to the 19th April.Armed with a Form map for the Victoria Park works, I started in one area with the intention of going all the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.