Latest Blog Posts »
- Street Art transforms Perth - Part 2 1 week ago After the visit to Wolf Lane (see previous post) I went to see the pictures hanging in the Form gallery in Murray St, painted by some of the artists participating in the Street Art.Back on the street and another little side lane - Prince Lane - and more murals adorn the old brick warehouses.Back in...
- Street art transforms Perth - Part 1 1 week ago Today (Sunday) I went into the city to check out the FORM Public art festival, which started on the 5th April and runs until today.This is the first time this type of street art festival is held in Perth, and it included talks, music shows and food tents.Building walls up to 10 storey high and some...
- Sculpture by the Sea 2014 - Part 2 2 weeks ago Continuing our tour of the Sculptures at Cottesloe Beach, here are a few more photos, of some of the sculptures that I enjoyed seeing.This next one called "Wave 1", by a WA artist, Annette Thas, looked a bit like a soccer goal covered in thousands of Barbie dolls! Yes, dolls, I had to get...
- Sculpture by the Sea 2014 - Part 1 3 weeks ago The 10th Annual "Sculpture by the Sea" exhibition was held at Cottesloe Beach, Perth, from the 7th to the 24th March this year with an estimated 220,000 visitors flocking to the beach.Over seventy artists from 12 countries participated, transforming the beach into a stunning sculpture park. This...
- Harmony Day in Australia - 21 March 1 month ago Harmony Day is celebrated in Australia on the 21st March, and signifies a day of cultural respect for the traditional owners - the Aboriginal people, and all the people that came from the many countries around the world. All these different backgrounds, languages, cultures enrich Australia and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.