Latest Blog Posts »
- Murals - Sea Horse 2 days ago This West Australian Seahorse or "Hippocampus Subelongatus" was painted during Public Form 2014 by Dutch born, Fremantle resident Amok Island on the facade of a six stories high building.This building at 100 Hampton Road in Fremantle is used as a 190 bed lodge offering entry-level accommodation...
- A visit to the Perth Garden Festival 4 days ago At the invitation of a friend who had complimentary tickets, my husband and I went to visit this year's Perth Garden Festival.It was being held at McCullum Park in the suburb of Victoria Park, and started Thursday 28th, and ends Sunday 1st of May. The park borders the Swan River and there are...
- Personalised number plates II 1 week ago Following from the previous post about personalised number plates, I've got a few blue ones this time! Well, some are black in blue cars...Miau - a cat lover or most probably meaning that the motor purrs....Blue envy? - I thought the colour associated with envy was green! I suppose because his/her...
- Monday Mural - Arabian caligraphy 1 week ago Another one of the murals recently painted at Curtin University. This one was by Tunisian calligraphy artist Karim Jabbari, and you can see him below posing in front of his finished mural.It started with a plain cement tower that was then painted in black, and then some hieroglyphics were...
- Personalised Number Plates I 1 week ago For the last couple of years I've been collecting photos of interesting number plates that I see during my drives around Perth, and I've photographed over 500 of them.In Australia if you wish to chose a personalised number plate for your car you just have to pay a yearly fee for the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.