Latest Blog Posts »
- Azores - Ponta Delgada and a tearful Legend 7 hours ago With a shopping (Parque Atlantico) within walking distance to the hotel, part of the morning was spent looking around the shops and part was spent going into the city centre as well. We bought souvenirs as well as a few of pieces of clothing and returned to the hotel around lunchtime to meet up...
- Amsterdam to Lisbon to Ponta Delgada 1 day ago We left Amsterdam, on the 1st March, not without some drama, as our son-in-law had forgotten his French ID card, which is too big to be kept in his wallet. As we were checking-in when he realized that, and called my daughter who was on her way to hand in the hired car. She raced home to go and...
- Giethoorn - the village with no roads 2 days ago In the rented car, the three of us set out to Giethoorn, 120km north east of Amsterdam, known as Venice of the North, or Dutch Venice.On the way there through the A6 and A1 we came across a lot of fields full of wind turbines.Fields of wind turbinesGiethoorn was founded in 1230 by Mediterraneans...
- Amsterdam - boats, canals and parks 3 days ago We returned our bicycles to the hire shop, and caught the Nr. 10 tram which goes around the outer ring of the city. We got out at the Elandsgracht stop and walked the two blocks to the canal to visit the House Boat Museum (Woonbootmuseum) - The Hendrika Maria- at Prinsengracht 296 in the Jordaan...
- Amsterdam - Science, Animals and a taste of Brasil 6 days ago A wet, foggy and miserable day, but we decided we would take our bikes into town and were joined by our daughter who had taken the day off work.First stop the Zoo - Artis - surrounded by canals on all sides, it's located almost in the city centre in the Plantage district. The entry fee of 19,95...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.