Latest Blog Posts »
- First day of Spring - Kings Park 2 days ago It felt a bit more like a Winter's windy day, but today was day 1 of Spring!Apparently this week a cold front is passing through Perth and next week the weather will start to get warmer again.Today, the month long Kings Park Spring Festival started, this year celebrating it's 52nd anniversary,...
- Monday Mural - Do aliens dance the Flamenco? 3 days ago This mural on the corner of Beaufort and Harold Street in Mount Lawley, was painted on a wall of a laundromat by Martin E Wills (MEW), a Perth based artist born in the UK.His murals mainly depict aliens with 60's beehive hairstyles and desolate landscapes.The whole wall is covered by this mural...
- Unusual potting vessels 4 days ago Around Perth I've found a few unusual potting vessels from a bath tub to an old metal bed frame.It shows that if you have imagination you can recycle and use anything in your garden.This was meant to be a very wet weekend but luckily it hardly rained and we were able to buy grass rolls and lay them...
- Sunset by the River 1 week ago Today was my day off work and I took some visiting friends to Kings Park Botanic Gardens to get a glimpse of the wildflowers - the Spring wildflower festival starts on the 1st of September, and I'll be going back for more pictures...Afterwards we drove via Mounts Bay Road, close to the river's edge...
- Monday Mural - Would you buy it? 1 week ago On a recent visit to the inner city suburb of Mount Lawley I came across this tiny house and fence covered in graffiti. I have to presume that the owner wanted it painted that way.The garden looked well looked after, so it couldn't have been an abandoned house...But I don't think I would buy a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.