Latest Blog Posts »
- Monday Murals - 40 years of the Carnation Revolution 2 days ago Just around the corner from the Alcantara-Mar train station, at Rua de Cascais there are a series of murals which were painted in 2014 to commemorate the 40 years of the 25th of April Carnation revolution in 1974.The initiative was called 40 years - 40 murals, but apparently some of the murals...
- Family, Friends and Food 6 days ago To end my posts about my visit to Portugal I've made some collages of the wonderful moments that filled my short 18 day visit.The main point of my visit was to attend the Christening of my grand-nephew or great-nephew (apparently there are different names used in England or the US). He was born in...
- Monday Mural - The beach 1 week ago While taking a different route to come home after meeting up with bloggers Wendy and Grace, I spotted 3 different murals, on the very long Scarborough Beach Road.The first one, in the car park between a chemist and the Scarborough Police station at 82 Scarborough Beach Road, was painted in February...
- Meet up with other bloggers 1 week ago A few weeks ago Wendy Barrett who blogs about her paintings and writing sent me an email saying she would love to meet me. We were recent followers of each other's blogs. Apart from being a very talented painter, Wendy has also written a book and publishes travel articles on the West Australian...
- Monday Mural - Alcantara train station, Lisbon 2 weeks ago I found these murals at the pedestrian tunnel leading to the "Alcantara-Mar" train Station, on the Lisbon to Cascais line.This is also the best station to access the Santo Amaro docks, where you can find lots of cosmopolitan bars, restaurants and night clubs by the riverside, just under the 25th...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.