Latest Blog Posts »
- Penguin Island and meeting up with other bloggers 4 days ago It's been a very busy couple of weeks....Where does the time go? Is it me or does everyone feel that November and December just fly by in the lead up to Christmas?A few weeks ago I got to meet two bloggers for coffee at the iconic Indiana Tea House in Cottesloe beach. Iris was coming from...
- OPEN HOUSE PERTH - 5 - BISHOPS GARDENS & PERTH CITY FARM 3 weeks ago The last post about the Open House Perth is about two totally different types of gardens - The Gardens at Bishops See and Perth City Farm.Almost across the road from the QV1 building in St George's Terrace you can reach Bishop's Gardens from a side road next to an office tower.The formal gardens...
- OPEN HOUSE PERTH - 4 - CENTRAL PARK BUILDING 4 weeks ago Another iconic building on St George's Terrace (152-158) is Central Park.In the 1930's the site was home to Foy & Gibson department store. Later the store was bought by another department store David Jones, who moved out of W.A by the end of 1970's. The site was then bought by a joint venture...
- OPEN HOUSE PERTH - 3 - QV1 BUILDING 2 months ago Next on the Open House Perth tour is the iconic QV1 building.QV1 actually stands for "Quo Vadis" which means "Where are you going" and the number 1 is the answer - at the top and leading the way - and not Queen Victoria 1st, as is generally assumed, just like I did!This is true of a building...
- OPEN HOUSE PERTH - 2 - Spacecubed and Parliament House 1 month ago After my visit to Council House, as part of the "Open House Tour" on Sunday 3rd, just down the road at 45 St George's Terrace, I entered a large old building that had an "open house" flag outside.Having previously housed the Reserve Bank, and still containing the huge vault, "Spacecubed", is now a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.