Latest Blog Posts »
- Monday Mural - The Sacred Tree 2 days ago This mural located in Denmark, south-west of Perth, behind The Sacred Tree - a small shop with gifts and books for mind, body and spirit.It was painted in 2014 by the talented artists from Denmark's Youth Group "Tha House".The owl being the symbol of knowledge and wisdom suits the shop's...
- Travelling with my overseas visitors - Wonders of the Valley of the Giants 6 days ago About 50km from Denmark and just 20km from Walpole is one of Western Australia's most popular attractions - the Valley of the Giants within the Walpole-Nornalup National Park.And this is where it all started - The giant tree surrounding this old Holden was a much loved tree int he South-West. At...
- Monday Mural - travelling bus 1 week ago Another mural I saw while holidaying with my family in the South of Western Australia during December.This lively mural of a VW bus carrying surfboards was painted on a wall in the lovely town of Denmark. Painted by a group of young artists that belong to "Tha House" youth group in Denmark.To see...
- Grand opening of Perth's new playground 1 week ago The most controversial of Perth's development - the $440 million Elizabeth Quay - was opened to the public today after 4 years of construction. The project is not totally complete as a few buildings with both residential and office space are still to be constructed in the next 5 to 7 years.The...
- Travelling with my overseas visitors - Beautiful southern beaches 2 weeks ago From Albany to Walpole about 120km away there are dozens of beautiful beaches - this is the so called Rainbow Coast! Fifteen kilometers west of Denmark (direction Walpole) accessible from the South Coast Highway are the magical Greens Pool and Elephant Rocks beaches, which have been my favourites...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.