Latest Blog Posts »
- Monday Mural - Wrapped in flowers 5 days ago Another mural I photographed when I visited Portugal in May 2016.Painted by Argentinian artist Francisco Bosoletti for Muraliza 2015, with a woman entwined in flowers and plants.The mural can be found at Avenida do Ultramar, Cascais, (Overseas Avenue) on the side wall of the old Hospital.The...
- Hurray for Bus-Stop libraries 1 week ago Last year I heard about this initiative that promotes reading by making books more accessible. Under the City of South Perth, they have 4 mini libraries set in bus-stops across the suburbs of Como and South Perth and I haven't been able to find out if other councils in Perth have joined this...
- Monday Murals - Rainbow tresses 1 week ago Mural painted by Perth artist Paul Deej in building 106 at Curtin University on the wall of the university's hairdresser "Fringe Benefits Hair Salon".His trademark "black swan" Western Australia's official animal emblem, is visible on the earring.The narrow lane between the buildings had other...
- Chinese New Year celebrations in our neighbourhood 2 weeks ago Sunday afternoon (5th Feb), my husband and I were sitting on the backyard patio reading the weekend newspaper when suddenly the sound of drums erupted!After a couple of minutes I realized the sound was actually "Chinese drums" and we thought it could be coming from somewhere down the road. After...
- Cats Weigh in - and the winner is... 2 weeks ago You might remember when back in October I took Shelley to the vet, and he suggested I put her on a diet. As my other two cats were also on the heavy side, I decided to put all three on a diet, as it would be easier having them all eat the same food.This was also part of a competition at the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.