Latest Blog Posts »
- Winter Lights Festival in Perth 1 week ago Tonight I invited my son and daughter in law to go into the city for dinner, and to go and watch the Winter Lights Festival in St George's Terrace. The festival started on the 11th July and runs until 27th July from 6pm until midnight.I was surprised to see so many people enjoying the balmy winter...
- A Cemetery with a difference 2 weeks ago Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park in Perth's northern suburb of Padbury is certainly a different type of cemetery.Even though it is located just 500 metres from the Whitfords train station, and just off the Mitchell Highway, once you turn into the huge green grounds, it feels very peaceful.Pinnaroo...
- Bedroom Revamp 3 weeks ago Winter is here and with more time spent indoors I was eager to renovate our main bedroom.The whole house was painted about 7 years ago when we purchased it, but I was getting tired of the green feature wall and wanted a more contemporary and warmer colour.I visited Bunnings (one of our hardware...
- Happy First Wedding Anniversary 1 month ago On this day last year we were in Sydney celebrating our son's wedding.It was a wet day, but as the Italians say "Sposa bagnata, sposa fortunata" - or "Wet bride, lucky bride" - so the rain is a good omen. Unfortunately due to the weather they didn't get to take the pictures on the beach, which was...
- CEO sleepout in Perth 1 month ago We are 17 days into winter and today it really felt like winter!Rain, rain and more rain, cold and storms in certain areas of our Western Australian state with winds up to 100km/hour. Luckily I think Perth will be spared the winds!This Thursday 19th of June, various CEO's of high profile companies...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.