Latest Blog Posts »
- Goodbye Cusca 3 days ago We arrived in Amsterdam on Saturday 21st, to visit our daughter Karina and son-in-law who have been living here for just over 1 year.A few weeks ago, Karina had mentioned her Cat "Cusca" had been sick, not eating, but after a course of antibiotics she was a little better. When we arrived she had...
- Fig Jam 1 week ago Our wonderful fig tree is packed with figs this year. They ripened quite early too, probably due to the very hot weather.Every other day I pick them and apart from taking some to work, giving to family and friends and eating a few, my bounty is far too big to be consumed at home.So I have made Fig...
- The Giants are gone but not forgotten! 1 week ago While on Friday I had a front row seat to the Little Giant Girl event in the city, today (Sunday) was completely different.On Saturday there were 400,000 people, but today it was estimated that 600,000 to 800,000 watched the Marionettes. In total during the 3 days it's estimated that 1,4 million...
- The enchanting Little Girl Giant 2 weeks ago What can I say? I was so thrilled that I was able to see the "Little Girl Giant"in Perth.These French Marionettes - the little girl and the Diver - are in Perth to commemorate the centenary of Anzac, as part of the Perth International Arts Festival of 2015.This afternoon after work, I met up with...
- Meet up with a fellow blogger in Perth 2 weeks ago On Tuesday 10th, I went into the city to meet up with Iris, a lovely German lady, who blogs in English at Half or one Ten without Ham.We met via Grace's Perth blog which we both follow. By coincidence once I noticed a comment from someone from Braunschweig, a city where we had lived 25 years ago,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Australia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Australia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on sami's colourfulworld
16:12 PM October 16, 2012
Sami's blog is great - a colourful and interesting read - she is also a great blogger for sharing information, ideas and tips - highly recommended blog!
13:06 PM December 05, 2012
Informative, great photos.
13:10 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog. Well writen and very informative.
13:20 PM December 18, 2012
A must read for anybody coming to Perth! I never miss any of Sami's posts!
13:30 PM December 18, 2012
13:33 PM December 18, 2012
I just loving reading Sami's blog. So informative. Love the pictures too.
14:10 PM December 18, 2012
I really enjoy Sami's posts, especially her A to Z of Australia, which are great for reminding me of my time in Australia and for learning about new places. Good luck!
14:31 PM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sami's blog, from day one I have been following them and find them so interesting, also fantastic photographs.
14:45 PM December 18, 2012
Sami's Colourful World Interesting, colourful, vibrant and appealing facets and photos of Australia's people and life ..... makes me want to visit even more. Really good and thoughtful blog.
14:55 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog, very informative with plenty of tips and indeed very 'colourful'....Sami takes us wherever she has been...Love it.
14:59 PM December 18, 2012
Love Samy´s blog. Well done.
16:45 PM December 18, 2012
Beautifully written blog with loads of information and wonderful photos
16:53 PM December 18, 2012
Great Blog, informative, good phots. recommed reading it.
17:19 PM December 18, 2012
18:12 PM December 18, 2012
Doing a great job mom!!! Love you. B is for Beijos :)
18:19 PM December 18, 2012
Great blog Sami! I loved it!
18:58 PM December 18, 2012
I love your blog Sami. Great info, great photos, and it even has info for a native Perth resident to brush up on!
00:33 AM December 19, 2012
a great read for anyone who loves history. Well written & some lovely photos. Well done Sami
02:24 AM December 19, 2012
Best expat blog ever!
02:48 AM December 19, 2012
Great Blog Sami! I love the pictures and story of your life as you've traveled to various countries and cultures.
06:25 AM December 19, 2012
Great and a very sweet blog. Kiss & Hugs.
09:34 AM December 19, 2012
best gateway to australia from a lovely friend!
19:29 PM December 23, 2012
00:39 AM January 01, 2013
The blog is obviously the work of a smart, talented, decent lady. Thanks Sami.