Surviving in Japan
Latest Blog Posts »
- What I Miss (and Don't Miss) About Living in Japan 1 day ago Having been back in the States for just over two months now nearly four months now,
- 3 Things for Spring 2 months ago Spring is upon us, more or less, and soon (if not already, wherever you might be) the sakura will be showing off their bright petals. And unfortunately, spring also means hay fever for many of us, and the obnoxious "yellow sand" (which I've heard has been particularly bad in places there recently)....
- HOW TO: Prepare for an Earthquake in Japan 3 months ago It's still March 10 here in the States, but it's March 11 now in Japan. I hope we can all take a moment to remember those who have been affected by the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster and also support and help those still going through difficulties in any small way we can. Although my...
- Thank You, Reverse Culture Shock, and A Call For Help 2 months ago Hello all! It's been a little while, and my family is now back in the U.S. after a whirlwind move from Japan. I've got business to still take care of here and elsewhere, but have been struggling with health problems, reverse culture shock and attempts to get settled back in the States, so I...
- When You're Suddenly Forced Out... 4 months ago I've been mulling this post over in my head for the past few days. Not sure what exactly to say, or how to say it. So I'll be as honest as possible. I mentioned in the last post that this has again been a great year of growth for Surviving in Japan, and it was exciting to see. Except that I've been...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Japan!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Surviving in Japan
13:44 PM November 21, 2012
Possibly the most useful blog in the world, let alone Japan. Ashley's tireless work made my 5 years in Japan much easier to navigate. Although I left the country last year, I still can't resist looking back regularly for updates and to indulge my nostalgia. Keep up the great work, Ashley!
18:37 PM December 09, 2012
I really loved your blog, it sounds exactly like the kind of experience I'm looking for when I go to Japan this summer. I've been working on a plan for the last few weeks and just reading blogs like yours and looking up trip destinations makes me all the more excited and nervous at the same time. If possible could I email you and ask you some more detailed questions about your journey's to Japan?