Days on the Claise
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Lights Go On All Over the House 22 hours ago After a pause of 18 months when no work on the house took place, a little gentle bricolage has now recommenced. We didn't intend the break to be so long, but renovating takes it out of you. Sitting in boxes in our graineterie we have the light fittings for almost every room in the house. The...
- Red Rocks 1 day ago The dramatic red rocks on the shoreline either side of Merimbula Old Wharf, New South Wales.
- An Australian Bookshelf 2 days ago So what might you get on the well read Australian's bookshelf? Here's a random selection in a friend's house.
- (Not) Surveying Butterflies Around Boussay 3 days ago I have two local survey areas which I monitor for STERF, the long term butterfly study run by the National Natural History Museum in Paris. The first area is around Chaumussay, and the second around Boussay. The Boussay transects are all wetter than the chalky Chaumussay ones, and include some wet...
- (Not) Surveying Butterflies Around Chaumussay 4 days ago As regular readers know, I participate in a national butterfly monitoring project run by the Muséum National d'histoire naturelle in Paris. Last Wednesday I sallied forth with my clipboard to walk my transects around Chaumussay, counting butterfly numbers and species in a systematic way on...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Days on the Claise
19:09 PM October 31, 2012
This blog is a gem...a real 'multum in parvo'. On the face of it dealing with their immediate area south of the Loire Valley, but in reality covering everything you might find there, from centipedes to churches via wine and mushrooms, written in a clear, engaging style.
08:17 AM November 03, 2012
I always enjoy Susan's very well-documented posts, particularly in relation to the environment.