Under The Ropes
Latest Blog Posts »
- One Night at a BDSM Dungeon Party Filled with Cat People 23 hours ago When my friend Ja invited me to a cat fundraiser, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I’m not a cat person, never have been. Of all the things I could have imagined it would involve, a BDSM show in a sex dungeon wasn’t one of them. I met Ja when she interviewed me for […]
- 'Inside the Ring with a Muay Thai Fighter' - A Feature in Scoot Magazine 2 weeks ago You can find me in this month’s issue of Scoot Magazine, the in-flight publication for Scoot Airlines. Last month, writer Ja Racharaks approached me and asked if she could shadow me for a day of training for the feature, which focuses on “a local resident whose job plays a significant role in...
- Gender Illumination: An LGBTQ Exhibition at Museum Siam 1 month ago Museum Siam is currently hosting a gender diversity exhibition named ‘Gender Illumination’. As well as celebrating diversity and inclusivity, the organisers also intend to educate people on the meaning of ‘non-binary’ and raise awareness of related issues. “Everyone is human all the same....
- I Am My Own Wife, a One-Woman Show Performed by a Man 1 month ago Over the weekend, I went to see I Am My Own Wife, a theatre production by Peel the Limelight. The Pulitzer prize-winning play tells the true life story of Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, a trans woman and German queer icon who survived both the Nazi and Communist regimes. Who was Charlotte van...
- Chalawan Attachai Muay Thai's Rajadamnern Title Defense 2 months ago In December 2017, Chalawan won the Rajadamnern Stadium 118lb title. Last night, he fought to defend the belt against Wirachai Sit. Kong Siam. He put Wirachai down for an eight count with an uppercut in the third round. The fight continued for less than thirty seconds before he then landed a ...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Under The Ropes
15:50 PM March 20, 2014
I check up on this blog regularly. A lot of the topics translate to issues of Muay Thai fighters around the world, but it's especially interesting to hear it from someone embedded in the Thai culture.
16:20 PM March 20, 2014
Great blog on Muay Thai. Explaining lot of Thai culture and history.
20:18 PM December 10, 2017
Well crafted and interesting stories, which inspire and educate.