Under The Ropes
Latest Blog Posts »
- Struggles with Weight Gain and Body Image 1 month ago There is a huge body positivity movement right now, and I love it. Instagram accounts like @bodyposipanda are blowing up and helping women to feel empowered by things that we were always told were flaws. Having spent my whole life feeling pressured to be as ‘skinny’ as possible and at one...
- My New Gym - Attachai Muay Thai 3 months ago I left my old gym last year after living and training there for more than four years. It was a difficult but necessary decision, and one of the things that made me apprehensive about leaving was the notion that I might not be able to find somewhere that I felt as comfortable as I had […]
- Sexual Assault in a Muay Thai Gym 7 months ago TW: This post, along with some of the articles it links to, contains subjects involving rape and sexual abuse. I’ve recorded a new episode of the Two Ladies in the Kingdom podcast. This is a solo episode and the first one I’ve ever done on my own. I decided to use it as an opportunity to […]
- Barriers to Teaching English in Thailand and How to Break Through Them 8 months ago Whether you’re looking to get into teaching just to do a bit of travelling or to build a long-term career, stepping into your first classroom in Thailand can be daunting. I genuinely love teaching, which is why I’ve continued to do it for five years (instead of the six months I originally...
- Breaking Up with my Gym 11 months ago I recently left my gym after around four and a half years of living and training there, and have been struggling with how to write about it for a number of reasons. First of all, it’s been a huge transition for me and the process of that has had a lot more ups and downs […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Under The Ropes
15:50 PM March 20, 2014
I check up on this blog regularly. A lot of the topics translate to issues of Muay Thai fighters around the world, but it's especially interesting to hear it from someone embedded in the Thai culture.
16:20 PM March 20, 2014
Great blog on Muay Thai. Explaining lot of Thai culture and history.