Latest Blog Posts »
- Cycling the Niagara River Recreation Trail 8 months ago There are some unforgettable sights in Niagara, Ontario. One vision that sticks in my mind is the convoy of large, leathery women in their 50s and 60s that I came across on my most recent visit to the falls a few weekends ago. Flicking fag ash as they slugged along on mobility scooters, folds of...
- Toronto Gets A Decent Outdoors Music Fest 9 months ago Toronto doesn’t have a big, outdoors, multi-day music festival to rival Coachella, SXSW or Osheaga, but it recently put on an event that might just come close…one day. The first ever Toronto Urban Roots Festival ran from July 4 – 7 at Fort York, with a mainly folk-indie line up including...
- The Great Canadian Cheese Festival 9 months ago A few weeks ago, I posted a reader’s offer for discounted tickets to the Great Canadian Cheese Festival. Naturally I had to venture up to Picton, in Prince Edward County, to check it out myself; let’s put the delayed report down to an epic cheese and wine coma. The festival calls itself the...
- Toronto's Top Bike Trails 10 months ago It’s Bike Month in Toronto, meaning the place is crawling with cycling evangelists waddling about with their padded bottoms, inciting everyone to get on two wheels. Whatever their fashion crimes, the wild-haired ones are onto something: This compact, flat city’s ideal for cycling, aside from...
- Cheesy Reader Offer 10 months ago Based in or near Toronto? Stuck for weekend plans? Like cheese? As a special (last minute) thank-you to my lovely readers, here’s a discount to Canada’s biggest cheese festival, taking place tomorrow and Sunday in Prince Edward County. You can get 25 per cent off tickets for The Great Canadian...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Canada Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Canada!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Toronto Newbie
04:11 AM October 30, 2012
I love this blog! I started reading it before moving over to Toronto and have followed it since! It's so refreshing to find an expat blog that isn't just full of people moaning about all the frustrations associated with moving. I've already found my favourite chocolate hob nobs thanks to Torontonewbie and I can't wait for next year's Zombie Walk!
20:41 PM December 04, 2012
A friend of mine put me onto this blog when I told her I was thinking of moving to Vancouver or Toronto from London. She thought I'd appreciate the writings of someone who had already done it and who could draw a little picture for me of what I might expect from the experience. Well the blog certainly does that, but I have also fallen for Charlotte! She has a really sweet, humble, funny way of writing which means I often find myself grinning ear to ear at my computer screen! Lovely, lovely blog :D
21:42 PM December 04, 2012
A breath of fresh air has arrived in Toronto! Your blog is a joy to read and I just love your enthusiastic take on your new home. Glad you left the cynicism back in Blighty and packed instead your energy, intelligence and optimism. They shine through every page. Will be passing on your blog details to other expats here.
22:36 PM December 04, 2012
This is definitely the most fun, informative insight to toronto through the eyes of a 'newbie.' As a newbie myself, I have enjoyed reading through some experiences I can relate to! I can't wait for future posts- especially as the cold sets in... Thanks to charlotte for keeping me entertained whilst providing some vital tips for making the most out of this amazing city.
16:55 PM December 09, 2012
I am a huge fan of the Toronto newbie blog! It is one of the best blogs I have come across. When I found out I was moving to Toronto with work I started trying to find out about the area - fun things to do etc. This was the best online source I found. Not only is it informative but it is written in a really readable and witty way too. Thank you Toronto newbie for your excellent and informative blog. :-) Keep up the good work.