The Chicago Files
Latest Blog Posts »
- Throwback Thursday: Frank Lloyd Wright's, "Ennis House" 2 days ago It’s been quite hot (and dreadfully humid) here in Chicago. Hugh from, “Hugh’s Views & News” is in the UK and mentioned that they have been experiencing quite the heat wave (a bit cooler now, thank goodness). I thought it fitting to, at the very least, show a photo of a pool to make us...
- Wordless Wednesday - Old State Capitol (Springfield, IL) 4 days ago Filed under: June, 2017 Tagged: Abraham Lincoln, architecture, Canada, Canadian, Greek Revival architecture, illinois, Old State Capitol, photography, photos, pictures, President, Springfield, State Capitol, Wednesday, wordless wednesday
- Summer is Here! 4 days ago Happy first day of Summer! Isn’t it interesting that while any season has an ‘official’ number of days and months, the weather certainly doesn’t always heed to the calendar, does it? For example, here in Chicago it has felt like summer for months! I don’t know, it’s a bit of...
- Sunday Serenity: Cloudscape 6 days ago I love clouds; I especially love cloud formations. I start looking at them hoping to see various shapes, patterns, and on occasion, faces. I instantly saw ‘eyes’ in this cloud formation. Now I ‘can’t not’ see it if you know what I mean. I took this photo last night, just before we...
- Glory Days of Train Travel: Union Station, Los Angeles 1 week ago Many of you know that I absolutely love trains. I spend a lot of time on trains, and have always been fascinated about train travel in the earlier part of the 20th century. When I was in Los Angeles a few years ago, I was at Union Train Station. This room is no longer in … Continue reading
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Chicago Files has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!