Catching the Magic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Moving on... See you on the other side of the 'Pacific Plate'! 4 months ago My new blog, ‘Pacific Plate Brit‘ (www.pacificringlife.com) is up and running! All ready for our new adventure living in Santa Barbara, California, USA! We departed Wellington, New Zealand, on Wednesday 7 August. We’ll be living in the US for around a year and then take our time travelling...
- Sunsets are sometimes just too good & need to be shared 5 months ago I took a walk, alone, on a Friday evening, after a week of being with my three children, every hour of every day. Alone, by the sea, I walked along the beach, past couples entwined and groups of friends sharing drinks, past people walking their dogs and jogging on the sand. There wasn’t anyone...
- Oh the fun we had at the fair! Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is the tops! 5 months ago “It’s ‘Blackpool Pleasure Beach’ in the sun!” we both said in unison as the children ran around us in excited circles waiting for their tickets. Old-fashioned rides blended with fair-ground games, candy floss and hot dog stalls were on every corner and the sound of screams, mixed with...
- Loving - Finding contentment in the moment, whilst aching for New Zealand 5 months ago Loving the time my daughters are sharing together. I haven’t seen my oldest two so close for years and our youngest is loving the constant interaction of having her older sisters around. Loving the natural flow of our days, where ‘fitness’ is a swim in the pool, a bike ride to the village or...
- Prose for Thought | Gliding in with the Fall 5 months ago Autumn in Santa Barbara is not like any autumn I’ve ever experienced. It feels like summer, minus the long, light evenings. But there is still a change in the air, however slight it may seem to this British born lass, used to living in windy Wellington, New Zealand, for well over a decade! There...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Catching the Magic
20:55 PM December 07, 2012
I LOVE reading Catching the Magic and reading about the wonderful things this lovely family have been getting up too :) Though reading all the experiences they get up to, meeting them and exploring a bit of Wellington with them it makes me what to move there :) This blog should win the Expat Blog Awards 2012: Top Blog!!
09:32 AM December 08, 2012
As family back home, it's been wonderful to keep up with the "going on" via the blog. OK! We're biased - but we still think it shows a wonderful talent and gives a real in-site to the trials, tribulations, pleasures and rewards in moving half way round the world.
13:25 PM December 08, 2012
Sarah is a truly inspiring blogger capturing the magic of life, love and family through stories of everyday life, poetry and photographs. I love reading about the adventures of her charming family as they embrace the best that Wellington has to offer.
15:42 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is incredibly sincere and kind-hearted. Sarah's kids are really lucky to be in such a fantastic, loving, and creative family, and it's an inspiration to see the family be nurtured and grow. Well done, Sarah.