Catching the Magic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Outdoor fun in the sun and on the water in Wellington 4 days ago Summer arrived late to Wellington, with wind and rain dampening most of January and making planning outdoor activities an tedious job. Thankfully, some stunning days arrived in February, rolling into March. Early autumn has been beautiful. Sophie and Alice, our two home educated daughters love...
- A day trip to Matiu-Somes Island, Wellington 6 days ago In February I had the pleasure of taking a small ferry to Matiu/Somes Island, in the middle of Wellington’s harbour. Matiu/Somes Island is a predator-free scientific reserve. It is also a historic reserve with a rich multicultural history. I took my youngest daughter with me, and joined a group...
- A Pokemon Party for Alice! 1 week ago Alice had a hard job deciding on what theme she’d like for her 7th Birthday party. Pokemon featured high on her list, as did the amazing ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ story, from the recently released movie and the wonderful ‘Moana’ movie. In the end we went with Pokemon as...
- Revisiting the Marlborough Food & Wine Festival 1 week ago Nineteen years ago, on 14th February 1998, my then boyfriend proposed to me at the Marlborough Food and Wine Festival in New Zealand. It wasn’t overly romantic to any onlookers – simply a guy on one knee, kneeling on a random piece of earth, asking a girl to marry him. What made it special was...
- 2017, I am here and I know it's mid-March! 1 week ago This is the longest time I’ve gone without blogging and, to be honest, I haven’t missed it. I’ve only felt slightly remiss for not having ‘documented’ everything so that I can look back on it in later years. The last few weeks of November into December were so busy, with our oldest...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Catching the Magic
20:55 PM December 07, 2012
I LOVE reading Catching the Magic and reading about the wonderful things this lovely family have been getting up too :) Though reading all the experiences they get up to, meeting them and exploring a bit of Wellington with them it makes me what to move there :) This blog should win the Expat Blog Awards 2012: Top Blog!!
09:32 AM December 08, 2012
As family back home, it's been wonderful to keep up with the "going on" via the blog. OK! We're biased - but we still think it shows a wonderful talent and gives a real in-site to the trials, tribulations, pleasures and rewards in moving half way round the world.
13:25 PM December 08, 2012
Sarah is a truly inspiring blogger capturing the magic of life, love and family through stories of everyday life, poetry and photographs. I love reading about the adventures of her charming family as they embrace the best that Wellington has to offer.
15:42 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is incredibly sincere and kind-hearted. Sarah's kids are really lucky to be in such a fantastic, loving, and creative family, and it's an inspiration to see the family be nurtured and grow. Well done, Sarah.