Catching the Magic
Latest Blog Posts »
- My First Marathon and 'My May Challenge' for the Mental Health Foundation of NZ 1 day ago I’ve ran eight half marathons in the past three years (the first was a turning forty ‘gift’ to myself – all be it in an incredible location – Solvang, California) and only once thought about running a full marathon – last year. I actually signed up and started the training, but struck...
- Peak District loves with my folks in England (part two) 2 days ago The second part of my visit to family in England (part one here) was spent in the Peak District, with my folks, sister and her partner. In a short three day, four night visit we enjoyed an 8 mile hike, I ran my first fell run at Herod Farm with my sister, enjoyed a good [...]
- A fix of family, English countryside & history in Hampshire 1 week ago Mid April I took off from Wellington, New Zealand, flying over the great Pacific Ocean and Atlantic Ocean, to visit my folks in England. I was keen to see my Mum, who’d turned seventy on the 2nd April, and to spend some precious time with her, my Dad, sister and partner. I flew solo, for [...]
- The Glass Jar 1 month ago THE GLASS JAR Daylight saving has ended the earth has turned on its axis days have shortened nights are long and when the clouds set in - with incessant rain the darkness tries to pull me along. . I turn to the glass jar a recipe of strength to ward off the blackness. [...]
- Paws #NaPoWriMo 2 months ago PAWS Floorboards marked with mud and sand telling stories of the land; adventures in the rain muddy tracks, sodden fields blades of grass sticks and twigs – all brought in on his paws. Days of sunshine spent on beaches sand on beds and couches, remnants of a day well spent. Grass spurs from...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Catching the Magic
20:55 PM December 07, 2012
I LOVE reading Catching the Magic and reading about the wonderful things this lovely family have been getting up too :) Though reading all the experiences they get up to, meeting them and exploring a bit of Wellington with them it makes me what to move there :) This blog should win the Expat Blog Awards 2012: Top Blog!!
09:32 AM December 08, 2012
As family back home, it's been wonderful to keep up with the "going on" via the blog. OK! We're biased - but we still think it shows a wonderful talent and gives a real in-site to the trials, tribulations, pleasures and rewards in moving half way round the world.
13:25 PM December 08, 2012
Sarah is a truly inspiring blogger capturing the magic of life, love and family through stories of everyday life, poetry and photographs. I love reading about the adventures of her charming family as they embrace the best that Wellington has to offer.
15:42 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is incredibly sincere and kind-hearted. Sarah's kids are really lucky to be in such a fantastic, loving, and creative family, and it's an inspiration to see the family be nurtured and grow. Well done, Sarah.