Catching the Magic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Lavender scent on a whisper of air - poetry on a Sunday 3 months ago Relaxed in a hammock, I smile, watching my seven year old daughter, a florist for a moment, carefully cutting roses from the garden, clutched in her fist. The thorns she is wary of, bees she accepts for without their buzzing, there’d be no roses footsteps are left with care, leaving no debts...
- It takes - but forget - we will not 2 months ago The disease does nothing but take – life long memories slowly ripped away whilst new ones can no longer be retained. She’s at her happiest in the moment – when walking in nature throwing seeds for the birds watching squirrels forage for nuts. Together we sit, and colour in pictures...
- Wanaka is so easy to LOVE! 10 things we did & loved in Wanaka... 2 months ago Wanaka is one of those places that I felt pained to leave. After a week’s stay, in beautiful spring weather, we returned to Wellington – and I sulked for a week. Don’t get me wrong – I do adore Wellington (after all it’s been my home for nearly twenty years!) but the holiday blues hit...
- Our snow fun adventures | Winter 2017 NZ 3 months ago We’ve had such a blast this winter! For the first time we bought ski season passes for Mt Ruapehu for the whole family – giving us freedom to ski on both sides of the mountain, at Whakapapa and Turoa ski-fields. It’s really great to be able to access the snow in under four hours, driving [...]
- Birthday celebrations in the Peak District 8 months ago On the day of my 43rd Birthday (after having ran my first fell run with my sister the night before) we headed out at a much more sedate pace to enjoy some local sights. Our first stop was Castleton, a village in the High Peak district of Derbyshire, England. We took a stroll around the little [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Catching the Magic
20:55 PM December 07, 2012
I LOVE reading Catching the Magic and reading about the wonderful things this lovely family have been getting up too :) Though reading all the experiences they get up to, meeting them and exploring a bit of Wellington with them it makes me what to move there :) This blog should win the Expat Blog Awards 2012: Top Blog!!
09:32 AM December 08, 2012
As family back home, it's been wonderful to keep up with the "going on" via the blog. OK! We're biased - but we still think it shows a wonderful talent and gives a real in-site to the trials, tribulations, pleasures and rewards in moving half way round the world.
13:25 PM December 08, 2012
Sarah is a truly inspiring blogger capturing the magic of life, love and family through stories of everyday life, poetry and photographs. I love reading about the adventures of her charming family as they embrace the best that Wellington has to offer.
15:42 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is incredibly sincere and kind-hearted. Sarah's kids are really lucky to be in such a fantastic, loving, and creative family, and it's an inspiration to see the family be nurtured and grow. Well done, Sarah.