Catching the Magic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Gone bush | Prose for Thought 2 weeks ago I’ve been really enjoying having my youngest daughter around at home a lot more and we have been spending time reading books out loud and drawing, taking bush walks and playing around on the piano, doing head stands and dancing, essentially being in the moment, together, and it’s been...
- Winter days | seeking light | #Prose4T | #ThePrompt | Sun 3 weeks ago I feel the light pulling me out, from the dark enveloping me, I’m clinging to the dappled rays, focusing on their offer of warmth, as the cold air creeps around me. It’s a battle of light and dark, winter’s steely grasp on my hand, leading me into the tunnel. Bright chinks in the darkness...
- Celebrating our oldest daughter turning 13! 3 weeks ago I don’t feel like I’m a parent to a teenager – at least, not in a ‘ARGH! I have teenager in the house, run for the hills!’ kind of way. But then, the teenage years last six years, so I am sure those moments will come, but right now our Miss 13 is a real [...]
- Autumnal delights before winter took hold - living, learning, loving and wondering. 3 weeks ago It was such a mild Autumn that I wasn’t prepared for winter and its dark nights. I always struggle when there’s less hours of light in the day to play with. If I don’t get out for a day or two I feel like curling up in bed and not emerging till spring. It’s a [...]
- My seventh half marathon, running in vineyard heaven! 3 months ago I’m so glad I made the decision to start my forties with a half marathon, as I haven’t looked back in the past two years – only forward to the next challenge. Thankfully New Zealand has an ever-growing array of organised races to participate in, with various distances and terrain. It’s fast...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Catching the Magic
20:55 PM December 07, 2012
I LOVE reading Catching the Magic and reading about the wonderful things this lovely family have been getting up too :) Though reading all the experiences they get up to, meeting them and exploring a bit of Wellington with them it makes me what to move there :) This blog should win the Expat Blog Awards 2012: Top Blog!!
09:32 AM December 08, 2012
As family back home, it's been wonderful to keep up with the "going on" via the blog. OK! We're biased - but we still think it shows a wonderful talent and gives a real in-site to the trials, tribulations, pleasures and rewards in moving half way round the world.
13:25 PM December 08, 2012
Sarah is a truly inspiring blogger capturing the magic of life, love and family through stories of everyday life, poetry and photographs. I love reading about the adventures of her charming family as they embrace the best that Wellington has to offer.
15:42 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is incredibly sincere and kind-hearted. Sarah's kids are really lucky to be in such a fantastic, loving, and creative family, and it's an inspiration to see the family be nurtured and grow. Well done, Sarah.