Catching the Magic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Singin' in the Rain in Wellington! 1 day ago My first thought, as I walked into the entrance of the St James Theatre in Wellington, was, ‘Wow! All these umbrellas are gorgeous, but they wouldn’t last five minutes outdoors in Wellington for real!’. Thankfully, there were no gusts blowing into … Continue reading →
- Hobbit or Dwarf, Wizard or Man? We found out at Rivendell. 2 days ago Rivendell, the place where hobbits and dwarfs meet with men, wizards and elves. Our youngest explorer was delighted to be hobbit sized, whilst my friend, Nicola, and I were wizards. Sophie, aged 9, wasn’t so sure about being dwarf sized, … Continue reading →
- Running Wellington's tracks & trails with Monsieur Cocoa 1 week ago Running and walking the gorgeous trails of the Wellington town belt (with a touch of housework, school drop-offs, pick-ups, and other organising in between) has quickly become my term time ‘go to’ whilst all the girls are at school. The autumnal … Continue reading →
- Family cycling & geocaching in Martinborough 1 week ago Since getting a weekender in Martinborough we’ve really enjoyed spending more time on bikes with our children. The rural roads are quiet. The terrain is flat. The climate is often milder than our home in Wellington. There’s also ample places … Continue reading →
- Autumn child's play, in the park at Masterton, Wairarapa 1 week ago The Queen Elizabeth Park in Masterton is a delight in early autumn. The park has plenty of deciduous trees to set the tone for autumn, with a mix of yellows, reds, browns and oranges. There’s even a Horse Chestnut tree, … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Catching the Magic
20:55 PM December 07, 2012
I LOVE reading Catching the Magic and reading about the wonderful things this lovely family have been getting up too :) Though reading all the experiences they get up to, meeting them and exploring a bit of Wellington with them it makes me what to move there :) This blog should win the Expat Blog Awards 2012: Top Blog!!
09:32 AM December 08, 2012
As family back home, it's been wonderful to keep up with the "going on" via the blog. OK! We're biased - but we still think it shows a wonderful talent and gives a real in-site to the trials, tribulations, pleasures and rewards in moving half way round the world.
13:25 PM December 08, 2012
Sarah is a truly inspiring blogger capturing the magic of life, love and family through stories of everyday life, poetry and photographs. I love reading about the adventures of her charming family as they embrace the best that Wellington has to offer.
15:42 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is incredibly sincere and kind-hearted. Sarah's kids are really lucky to be in such a fantastic, loving, and creative family, and it's an inspiration to see the family be nurtured and grow. Well done, Sarah.