Latest Blog Posts »
- Eguisheim: A Christmas Market in the Most Beautiful Village in France 3 days ago Consistently ranked one of the most beautiful villages in Southern France, Eguisheim is a small town in the Alsace region of France (Southeast France). It's closest to Colmar and Riquewihr, villages that also rank among the most beautiful. After crossing the border from Switzerland to France...
- Tour Dresden's Striezelmarkt, the Oldest Christmas Market in Germany 1 week ago It's hard to explain the magic that is felt at a German Christmas Market. All your senses are awakened, and you get a sense of nostalgia, happiness, and merriment by just visiting one with friends. From the hints of cinnamon and spices, the smell of warm loaves of bread, hot mulled wine being...
- A Winter Visit To The Dresden Frauenkirche Christmas Market 1 week ago I did a loonng bus trip to see the Dresden Christmas market last weekend. I've been wanting to see Dresden but knew that I didn't have the time to take a long weekend trip solely to visit on my own. So I decided to do the longest bus trip ever to at least see Dresden one time. Now that I'm...
- Prague, A City Best Seen At Night 2 weeks ago My favorite time to take photos and explore a city is in the evening, when the sun has lowered and the light becomes softer and eventually becomes a beautiful rich blue color. But you don't need me to tell you that. Here's some photos from my last trip to Prague.
- Beer Tastings and Christmas Markets 2 weeks ago Last weekend for Thanksgiving we had a few exciting things on the agenda, Christmas markets and beer. We went to my favorite, the Esslingen Christmas Market, on Friday and then did a beer tasting at an Irish Pub on Saturday. The beer tasting wasn't a tasting so much as drinking 5 different...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.