Latest Blog Posts »
- Bucket List Item Complete: Paragliding in Interlaken! 2 months ago The other weekend we drove a mere two hours down to the Swiss border and then another hour(ish) to reach Interlaken, our destination. I've lived in southern Germany for almost three years and had yet to drive to Switzerland. Why? Because I figured Austria has plenty of beautiful alps and lakes...
- Surfing in Munich 2 months ago I was in Munich a few months ago and before we left had been reading up on the English Garden (englischer garten). Along with being larger than Central Park, the English Garden also has many beer gardens and surfing as well. When I was reading through the information I had to do a double take...
- Travel, Travel, and more Travel 2 months ago July has been a busy month for me. A group of friends went to Vienna for the fourth and bunked up in a hostel with a room big enough to hold a dance party (yes!). Then the next weekend me and the hubs took off for Scotland and the Highlands and then Switzerland. Right after all that I had...
- Bardolino, Italy: Wine, Scenery, and the Laid Back Italian Life 2 months ago Near Verona, Italy is one of Italy's most notoriously stunning lakes; Lake Garda. Seated in the north near the Dolomites and nestled partly in the Alps, the views all around the lake are the type of thing that poet's dream of. We visited for a very short day Bardolino, a small town along the...
- Split (Croatia) and the Diocletian Palace 3 months ago A girlfriend and I had a short two and a half days to spend in Croatia the other weekend. If you don't read any further, I'll sum up by saying Croatia is great and it's beautiful and an inexpensive place to visit. It was cheap (oh so cheap. I love a good deal and found MANY while there!),...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.