Latest Blog Posts »
- How To Spend St. Patrick's Day in Cork, Ireland 6 days ago I think every American has hopes of one day celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Ireland. To make the voyage across the Atlantic and celebrate among the masses is the dream, right? Well, we are no different, except that weren't particularly keen on celebrating among too many masses in Dublin. We...
- Photo Tour of Lake Como - Italy 4 weeks ago A Weekend Trip to Menaggio, Bellagio, and Varenna Lake Como is worth the hype. George Clooney, I get it. I would happily live in one of those villas for the rest of my life. I don't know why I go to cities when amazing places like this exist. Combined with the beautiful Italian architecture...
- 6 Great Reasons to Visit Florence 2 months ago Firenze. It just rolls off the tongue. And what a beautiful city to visit. Churches, art, statues and beautiful facades at every corner. The old town is huge with winding streets and narrow cobblestone alleys unfit for cars. I love this place. I visited back in 2006 when I studied abroad but...
- 49 Amazing Photos of Iceland to Inspire Your Next Trip! 5 months ago JURASSIC. PREHISTORIC. SERENE. WILD. Iceland should be on everyone's bucket list. Even if you only go once, it's just so different from any place I've traveled. This is a beast of a post. If you're wondering if there's anything for you here is the gist: Golden Circle, Gullfoss, Thingvellir,...
- Where to go for Carnival this year? Celebrate in Lucerne! 5 months ago Big bands competing to attract crowds. Costumes galore, and not just any costumes but highly organized and decorative and expensive costumes. Costumes that make Americans Halloween costumes look like they were pulled out of a trash bin (but hey maybe they were). People partying in the streets....
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.