Latest Blog Posts »
- Our Night Out At The Stuttgart Mini Christmas Market 2 weeks ago What was that?! There's already a Christmas market up?! Yes, it's true. Christmas is in the air here in Stuttgart. A mini Christmas market opens in early November and then becomes part of the large Christmas market that opens the end of November and runs up until Christmas (usually the 23rd to...
- Looking Back At My Study Abroad Experience In Italy (with photos) 3 weeks ago I was going through some of my old cd's today to try to find music to add back to my computer. I have about a million CD's from when I was a kid that I never labeled so it's always a surprise when I pop in the disc. One of the CD's I put in ended up having some of my photos from when I studied...
- Stuttgart Spotlight: A Visit To Rubble Hill (Birkenkopf) 3 weeks ago "This mountain after the Second World War, piled out of the ruins of the city, stands [as] a memorial to the victims [and] as a warning to the living." Rubble Hill is one of many hills in Germany that shares a unique characteristic; it is a hill that was built by rubble from World War II.
- A Photo Tour of Nuremberg - Germany 3 weeks ago Nuremberg is a very old and famous German city that served as the home of the Nazi Party Rallies as well as the Nuremberg Trials. Today it's a beautiful place to visit with plenty to keep you busy for days. There are quite a few images in this post so please be patient if they take a minute to...
- The International Beard and Moustache Championships in Germany 3 weeks ago In case you didn't hear, last weekend was the International Beard and Moustache Championships. It's only held every other year and this year it happened to be in the town right next to us in Leinfelden. Opportunities like this don't come along that often, so we had to go and see what it was all...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.