Latest Blog Posts »
- My new favorite European retreat - Lake Como and the lakes region (in photos) 1 month ago We visited Lake Como last year in April and loved it so much we went back again in the fall. If you're not familiar with the area, northern Italy is an incredibly beautiful place and quite special to me. I studied abroad in Turin, Italy and have always had a love for Italy and Italian...
- How To Spend St. Patrick's Day in Cork, Ireland 10 months ago I think every American has hopes of one day celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Ireland. To make the voyage across the Atlantic and celebrate among the masses is the dream, right? Well, we are no different, except that weren't particularly keen on celebrating among too many masses in Dublin. We...
- Photo Tour of Lake Como - Italy 11 months ago A Weekend Trip to Menaggio, Bellagio, and Varenna Lake Como is worth the hype. George Clooney, I get it. I would happily live in one of those villas for the rest of my life. I don't know why I go to cities when amazing places like this exist. Combined with the beautiful Italian architecture...
- 6 Great Reasons to Visit Florence 11 months ago Firenze. It just rolls off the tongue. And what a beautiful city to visit. Churches, art, statues and beautiful facades at every corner. The old town is huge with winding streets and narrow cobblestone alleys unfit for cars. I love this place. I visited back in 2006 when I studied abroad but...
- 49 Amazing Photos of Iceland to Inspire Your Next Trip! 1 year ago JURASSIC. PREHISTORIC. SERENE. WILD. Iceland should be on everyone's bucket list. Even if you only go once, it's just so different from any place I've traveled. This is a beast of a post. If you're wondering if there's anything for you here is the gist: Golden Circle, Gullfoss, Thingvellir,...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.