Latest Blog Posts »
- The Charming Town of Limone in Lake Garda, Italy 4 weeks ago Last year I wrote a post about how much I loved Lake Garda, the northern Italian lake I visited with my sister. This lake is amazing, and although I haven't been to Lake Como I would bet they would be fighting for first place in the amazingly beautiful department. This place is gorgeous in...
- Crazy Things I Heard About Germany Before Our Move 1 month ago I’ll never forget the moment my husband got the phone call that we were moving to Germany. I think I was jumping around the house in joy. I have always loved traveling. I studied abroad in Italy when I was in college because I love travel and am fascinated by other cultures, and fell in love...
- Luxury on a Budget: Our Beautiful Stay in Paris 2 months ago Booking your stay in Paris can be daunting. Especially when it’s your first time visiting this beautiful city. Before I booked our place I was trying to figure out which arrondissement we should be staying in and which one’s to avoid. A place that was close to the metro and the sights...
- Crazy Festivals, Fasching, and Castles in southern Germany 1 month ago I just wrapped up my Answers.com articles for January. In Germany a huge festival is coming up in February called Fasching (or Carneval, Karneval, or Fastnacht depending on where you're at). It's essentially Germany's version of Carnival and easily rivals other large parties around the globe. The...
- Paris Oh Paris: Our Very Short 43 Hours in the City of Lights 2 months ago Let me start by saying that I never thought that I would like Paris as much as I did. To me the image of Paris has always been crowded streets overrun with tourists and long lines to see the endless buildings and museums. I also had an idea that it would be quite dirty as a result of all of...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.