Latest Blog Posts »
- Split (Croatia) and the Diocletian Palace 1 month ago A girlfriend and I had a short two and a half days to spend in Croatia the other weekend. If you don't read any further, I'll sum up by saying Croatia is great and it's beautiful and an inexpensive place to visit. It was cheap (oh so cheap. I love a good deal and found MANY while there!),...
- A Photo Tour of Verona, Italy 1 month ago My parents were here recently and we took a trip to Verona in northern Italy. It's about a 90 minute drive to Venice and close to Lake Garda as well. The drive south from Germany through Austria, and then on to Italy gets more and more scenic the further south you go. The Alps in Austria were...
- How To Eat Gluten Free In Northern Italy 3 months ago My parents recently hopped on a nice long flight over from Alaska. My mom has celiac, meaning that she cannot have anything with gluten in it (such as wheat, barley, rye). By now most people have heard of gluten intolerance or celiac so I won't go deeply into the details here. So when my mom...
- World Cuisine Under One Roof at Markthalle, Stuttgart 2 months ago Markthalle is a fun place to visit in downtown Stuttgart. It's an international open indoor market filled with spices, meats, cheeses, desserts, truffles, wine, beer, and everything else in between. Each section is labeled by country and offers local specialties from their particular country....
- Afternoon Stroll In The Spring Sun 3 months ago I went for a nice stroll this afternoon with my dog, as we do every day. Today I thought I'd bring my camera along with me. This spring has been absolutely beautiful, and hopefully summer is just nice.
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.