Latest Blog Posts »
- 49 Amazing Photos of Iceland to Inspire Your Next Trip! 2 weeks ago JURASSIC. PREHISTORIC. SERENE. WILD. Iceland should be on everyone's bucket list. Even if you only go once, it's just so different from any place I've traveled. This is a beast of a post. If you're wondering if there's anything for you here is the gist: Golden Circle, Gullfoss, Thingvellir,...
- Where to go for Carnival this year? Celebrate in Lucerne! 2 weeks ago Big bands competing to attract crowds. Costumes galore, and not just any costumes but highly organized and decorative and expensive costumes. Costumes that make Americans Halloween costumes look like they were pulled out of a trash bin (but hey maybe they were). People partying in the streets....
- 14 Great Reasons to Visit Stuttgart (Germany) 3 weeks ago I love living in Stuttgart but don't write about it often, so here's a glimpse into some of the best things to see and do in this city. 1. Schlossplatz Schlossplatz, or palace square, is in the center of the city. It sits along Königstrasse and is just a few blocks from the main train station...
- My Whirlwind Year and Making Decisions with Intent 5 months ago Sitting in this nearly empty apartment I don't have much to do at the moment. I've been slowly acquiring new furniture and trying to get the best deals I can find. So maybe I should back up a bit. We were planning to move back to the states earlier this year. My husband was planning to start...
- Our Captain Morgan Jeep Safari Tour: Malta 6 months ago For Malta we decided to do a Jeep Safari Tour with the largest tour company in the area. We saw most of the island's highlights in just one day. While I don't always love the organized fun, I have found that doing these smaller tours are much more personal and end up being a lot more enjoyable...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.