Latest Blog Posts »
- Biking, Biergartens, and Sunny Afternoons In Germany 3 weeks ago One of my absolute favorite things to do in Germany is spend an afternoon with friends hanging out at a biergarten. And after many years and beers later, I have found that German beer really does live up to it's hype. In the states most of the beer I would try was too hoppy, or worse, was way...
- Plitvice Lakes Day Trip and Photo Tour 1 month ago Back in May I visited Croatia for a short weekend. Roughly 52 hours to be exact. You can read a bit about it here. We took one of our two days to explore the Plitvice Lakes and opted for a tour instead of driving ourselves. The Plitvice Lakes are northeast of Zadar. We flew into Zadar, then...
- A Blind Booking Trip to Vienna, Austria 1 month ago What happens when you get six friends together and head to Vienna for a long weekend? A lot of fun and a little bit of shenanigans, that's what. While we toured a little and stopped into some shops, we managed to fit in a few pub crawls and meet many people along the way! I went once in January...
- Our 3-Day Highlands Tour With Viator: Day 1 2 months ago What do you do when you want to plan a trip? More than likely you will first decide where it is you want to go, then find flights, then a hotel or other accommodation, and figure out what there is to see and how you'll get there, among a growing list of other items as well. This summer we really...
- Bucket List Item Complete: Paragliding in Interlaken! 4 months ago The other weekend we drove a mere two hours down to the Swiss border and then another hour(ish) to reach Interlaken, our destination. I've lived in southern Germany for almost three years and had yet to drive to Switzerland. Why? Because I figured Austria has plenty of beautiful alps and lakes...
Contest Entries »
- Culture Shock: Nudity in Germany Expat Culture Shock When it comes to culture shock, of all the things Americans will find the most ‘shocking’ (heh) when coming to Germany is the complete absence of being shy when it comes to nudity. In Germany nudity is a normal part of life. Under everyone’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Traveling Igloo
19:58 PM October 25, 2012
I love her style of writing. I always look forward to hearing about her next adventure!
21:57 PM October 25, 2012
Brea has such a way with words. It always feels like I am right there with her. And, her photos are exquisite! They always tell a story. Simply stunning!
23:58 PM October 25, 2012
Great travel blog full of beautiful pictures and adventures!
07:37 AM October 28, 2012
Love this blog. So many wonderful photos that really capture the beauty of the area. Very informative and entertaining.
18:34 PM October 28, 2012
I just love this blog. It's always entertaining and informative. She cracks me up with her story telling and sense of humor!
19:38 PM October 28, 2012
Very nice blog, interesting things and beautiful photos.