Jiaozi and Burgers
Latest Blog Posts »
- City of Mountains: Part 3 6 days ago The icy wind blasted our faces as we left the hostel for another 5-hour trek along the High Trail. This was supposed to be the easier part of the trail, but after walking halfway down the village road, a local informed us the trail was back up at the top of the road. Not the […]
- The City of Mountains - Part 2 2 weeks ago Tiger Leaping Gorge – this was why I had come to Lijiang and now we had finally made it to the start of the trail. I was anxious to begin. Harry and I had taken a bus in the morning with some fellow hikers (Germans, French, Dutch, Spanish) and arrived in Qiaotou, a small mountain […]
- The City of Mountains - Part 1 2 months ago I was told Lijiang was a former backpacker haven-turned-tourist town with an ancient village and a snow-peaked mountain that touched the clouds. But right now it was 6am, and Harry and I couldn’t see a thing. My former student, Harry, and I had traveled for 17 hours by train with a 5 hour-layover...
- A wedding, a cold, and my past life: Part 3 5 months ago The next day Queenie and I headed to Detroit to catch up with some friends before going to see Bobbie in Kentucky. It had been nearly a year since I left Detroit, and it felt strangely familiar driving down I-94 again. First we had lunch with my aunt and uncle. It was nice to see […]
- A wedding, a cold, and my past life: Part 2 6 months ago Thursday night was the rehearsal dinner. Half of a pole barn had been transformed into a formal affair with lights strung along the rafters and wildflowers in glass vases on each table. There were a lot of Schrotenboers and Finkbeiners along with some relatives and friends. We enjoyed some pasta,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jiaozi and Burgers
04:08 AM April 01, 2015
Hi Paul! I stumbled upon your blog while researching the city of Kunshan. I have just been offered an English teaching position there starting this Fall and am trying to gather relevant information about Shanghai and China. I would love to get your opinion on the city and any additional advice you could offer a first-timer! Thanks :) Karissa