Latest Blog Posts »
- Albufeira: An Interesting Introduction to the Algarve 1 hour ago Portugal had not been on my agenda. I mean, I’d always wanted to visit but I didn’t think there would be time during this stint in Europe. I planned to return from Greece and then spend the next month holed up in the library writing my thesis. Then my flatmate peer pressured me into coming...
- Where I'm Going in 2015 5 days ago When I made the decision to quit my job in favor of location independence, I decided it didn’t mean just running off to the far corners of the world and never looking back. It means more than that. It means living life on my own terms. It means not missing out on the important life events of...
- Why I Quit My Job to Travel (Again) 1 week ago On Friday I worked my last day in an office for the foreseeable future. I quit my job to travel. Again. Five years ago I started working as a sales representative in an office outside of Philadelphia. I’d spent the previous four months drinking cappuccini and wandering the cobbled streets of...
- How to Travel Europe on a Student Budget 2 weeks ago I’ve spent a lot of time in Europe on a serious budget. I’ve lived in Rome and London as a student, and during my au pair days I was making only €40 a week. In spite of this, I still found ways to travel this notoriously expensive continent without sacrificing good food, a night out, and...
- The Great Greek Food Guide 2 weeks ago Greek cuisine is popular in the United States, especially in metro Detroit where I grew up. There exists a chain of restaurants called Coney Islands which are half Greek diner, half hot dog shop. During high school these were a favorite of mine, and I had my fair share of Greek salads, saganaki,...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!