Latest Blog Posts »
- 2015: A Year in Review 7 months ago 2015 is almost over and when I look back on this year I’m a little unsure on how I would sum it up. In some ways it was truly spectacular. I went on a press trip with my best friends. I happily survived my long term solo trip. I got to have my old London life back for over a month. I spent six...
- The Charm of Sicily Lies in the East 11 months ago For as long as I can remember, I had wanted to visit Sicily. It’s the one place in the world where I can trace a certain genealogical connection, the food was supposed to be some of Italy’s best, and, of course, everyone raves about the island’s beaches. So when I got to Palermo and didn’t...
- Farsickness Monthly Recap: July & August 2015 11 months ago At the end of every month I like wrap up my favorite moments, posts, Instagrams, and meals while giving a behind the scenes look at some of the moments that otherwise wouldn’t make the blog. Surprise! I’m back! After taking a two months break from blogging I’ve debated if I should continue...
- Farsickness Monthly Recap: June 2015 1 year ago At the end of every month I like wrap up my favorite moments, posts, Instagrams, and meals while giving a behind the scenes look at some of the moments that otherwise wouldn’t make the blog. Wow. Could this month have gone any more differently than planned? In last month’s recap I said I was...
- 6 Reasons Why Jordan Is the Perfect Place for a Girls Getaway 1 year ago In college I loved traveling with my girlfriends. Every summer we’d fly down to Florida for a week of cocktails, relaxing on the beach, and delicious dinners out. Sometimes we’d throw in a cultural or adventure activity too, just to balance things out. There were road trips full of inside...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!