Latest Blog Posts »
- Life Lately + A Christmas Giveaway 23 hours ago Hey, remember me? The blogger who has so much to write about but rarely writes? I’m still here. My biggest problem over the past almost 3 years of blogging at Farsickness has been consistency. I’ll set up an editorial calendar, all ready to crank out a back log of posts, and then a week or two...
- Giving Thanks 3 weeks ago Tomorrow is my first Thanksgiving in the United States since 2008 and although it is not going entirely to plan (my mom is currently hospitalized with appendicitis) I am still excited to celebrate my favorite holiday with my family. While I mostly love Thanksgiving because it a good excuse to...
- Falling in Love at First Sight with Athens 1 month ago How quickly can you fall in love with a new place? Because I feel in love with Athens sometime during the 30 minute taxi ride from the airport to my hotel in the center. My visit to Greece’s capital city was brief and, to be honest, kind of an after thought, an after thought on a hastily planned...
- How Travel Has Changed Me 1 month ago Since being back in the US I’ve spent a lot of time explaining to people what I’ve been up to for the past four years. This entails me listing off the places I’ve lived while trying not to sound like I’m bragging (I’m not, I promise!) and then usually launches into a discussion of how I...
- That Time I Visited Hogwarts (Or the Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio Tour) 2 months ago In June a dream that I’ve had since I was 12 years old came true. I visited Hogwarts. No, an owl did not drop my acceptance letter into my flat. And, no, I did not get to take a ride on the enchanting Hogwarts Express. (The really drunk old man who hadn’t showered in years on our London...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!