Latest Blog Posts »
- Farsickness Monthly Recap: June 2015 2 months ago At the end of every month I like wrap up my favorite moments, posts, Instagrams, and meals while giving a behind the scenes look at some of the moments that otherwise wouldn’t make the blog. Wow. Could this month have gone any more differently than planned? In last month’s recap I said I was...
- 6 Reasons Why Jordan Is the Perfect Place for a Girls Getaway 2 months ago In college I loved traveling with my girlfriends. Every summer we’d fly down to Florida for a week of cocktails, relaxing on the beach, and delicious dinners out. Sometimes we’d throw in a cultural or adventure activity too, just to balance things out. There were road trips full of inside...
- StrEAT Palermo Tour: Discovering Italy's Street Food Capital 2 months ago When I’m traveling solo I’m not really a tour person. I like to wander slowly and stop often to take photos. Or for a coffee (or beer) break. This isn’t really conducive to the fast pace of most city walking tours. The one exception, though, is food tours. I freaking love food tours. For...
- Palermo: An Intriguing Introduction to Sicily 2 months ago For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to visit Sicily. It wasn’t just the beautiful coast or Mt. Etna’s towering presence over the eastern half of the island or the cuisine or the local wine that enticed me, but it was also because it was the home of my great-grandparents that I felt a...
- The 4 Sunsets That Made Me Fall in Love With Jordan 2 months ago I really, really, really love sunsets. Like, I will plan my entire day in a new city around being in the best place at the right time (usually with a beer in hand) to see the sky change color as the sun makes its way toward the horizon. I realize this is probably the most cliche thing ever and that...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!