Latest Blog Posts »
- My Favorite Travel Apps + A Giveaway 3 days ago My name is Amanda and I’m addicted to my iPhone. It’s my only constant travel companion. While some travelers wax poetic about days on the road before technology, I can’t imagine traveling without my handheld GPS, memory recording, communication device. Last year, after breaking my 32GB...
- Finding Bits of Rome in Amman 5 days ago Landing somewhere after dark always makes getting an accurate first impression difficult. That’s how I felt in Amman. As I sat in the back of a van driving through Jordan’s capital city, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. It was dark. I wasn’t even sure what day it was. It was my first...
- Is Solo Travel Really For Me? 1 week ago I became a solo traveler by accident. I wasn’t trying to make a statement or show that I was brave or inspire anyone. I started traveling by myself because I was homeless in Europe and had some time between jobs and everyone else I knew was working. Once I realized I could travel alone, I knew...
- Farsickness Monthly Recap: March 2015 3 weeks ago At the end of every month I like wrap up my favorite moments, posts, Instagrams, and meals while giving a behind the scenes look at some of the moments that otherwise wouldn’t make the blog. Overall, March was just as boring and stationary as I thought it would be. My plan was to get a lot of...
- I'm Going to Jordan and Yes It's Safe: Introducing #GirlsGoneJordan 3 weeks ago For the past almost two months I’ve been keeping a huge secret from everyone… I’M GOING TO JORDAN! On Thursday! I’ll be spending a week traveling around the country as a guest of the Jordan Tourism Board as part of a campaign that I helped create. That’s right. This isn’t any old press...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!