Latest Blog Posts »
- More Than Just Paella: Learning about Spanish Food in Madrid 2 days ago I’m a bit ashamed to admit that before I spent a weekend in Madrid I didn’t really have a good grasp of what exactly Spanish cuisine entailed. Sure, I knew paella and I’d been to a tapas bar or two in Chicago but besides that I was a bit clueless. So I made it my [...]More Than Just Paella:...
- Madrid: The Greatest Hits 4 days ago While much of my weekend spent in Madrid was spent getting to know new friends, I also made sure to spend a fair amount of time actually seeing the city and experiencing life in the Spanish capital. My love affair with travel was really cemented on a trip to Barcelona my junior year of college...
- A Tale of The Internet, Friends, and Travel 1 week ago A few months ago I booked a flight to Madrid to spend a weekend with three near complete strangers from the Internet. I’d met Ashley for a few hours at a Japanese restaurant a couple of years before, but I knew Jessica and Julika only through their blogs. No one I told about this weekend away...
- What I Ate in London: March 2 weeks ago I’m about to leave to catch my (nine hour) bus to Warsaw and the other people in this hostel common room are screaming and listening to Spanish pop music at full blast making it difficult to concentrate, so this intro will be short and sweet. Here are a few of the best things that I [...]What I...
- The Life of an American Expat in London 2 weeks ago I used to look down on people who chose to study abroad in places like London or Sydney. “What could you possibly learn when you study in an English speaking country?” I thought to myself. I saw living abroad as a way to immerse myself into a different culture, not a to live the same [...]The...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!