Latest Blog Posts »
- April Wrap Up 2 weeks ago With April ending I am now halfway done with my planned four month trip. Half. Way. Done. I can’t believe it. I’ve been doing so well keeping my FOMO in check, not really planning and just going with the flow, but now I’m starting to panic. Have I done enough? Have I been able to...
- Singapore Wrap Up 2 weeks ago With only 2.5 days to visit, an illness, and the fact that it’s such a small country, it’s already time to wrap up Singapore. I’m still a little disappointed I didn’t get to experience Singapore at my healthiest (I still want to try chili crab!) but I enjoyed myself...
- What I Ate In...Singapore 3 weeks ago This post isn’t going to be quite as long as thought it would’ve been. When I planned a trip to Singapore I imagined 2 days of pure gluttony, moving from hawker center to restaurant to hawker center in search of the city’s best eats. What transpired was quite different. With even...
- Sightseeing in Singapore (While Sick) 3 weeks ago On my last day in Manila I woke up with the chills, body aches,
- Philippines Wrap Up 2 months ago Almost exactly a month after leaving the country, I am finally getting around to wrapping up my posts about the Philippines. It was an exciting way to begin this four month trip, with beaches, island hopping, and a new cuisine to explore. In two weeks, though, I barely began to scratch the surface...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!