Latest Blog Posts »
- Everything You Should Eat in Detroit 1 day ago Eating in and around Detroit is very special to me. I don’t get to eat in Detroit very often anymore and each trip back is like walking down a foodie memory lane of all the things I loved growing up. Secondly, the new restaurants popping up around the city are indicative of the growth of Detroit....
- Farsickness Monthly Recap: February 2015 6 days ago At the end of every month I like wrap up my favorite moments, posts, Instagrams, and meals while giving a behind the scenes look at some of the moments that otherwise wouldn’t make the blog. Is it too early to declare February the best month of 2015? Probably, but with two weekends spent on the...
- Returning Home and Discovering Pure Michigan 2 weeks ago I’m a Michigander. I might not live there anymore, but Michigan will always be home. I spent 24 years living in Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor and my Mitten pride runs deep. How is it then that it took me moving out of the state and traveling around the world to realize that I’d missed out on...
- What I Never Leave Home Without: My 6 Packing Essentials 3 weeks ago Packing is my worst nemesis. I either overpack or under pack and spend hours before any trip agonizing over whether I’ve forgotten something important. There are a few things, though, that always make it inside my backpack. These six items make my life easier, help me save money, and assuage...
- The 7 Stages of Repatriation 3 weeks ago Coming home after spending a long time abroad is a strange process. In some ways it can feel good to be back with friends, family, and everything familiar; but other times it can feel like all your happiness was slowly drained out on the flight back. These are the seven stages of repatriation. The...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!