Latest Blog Posts »
- Drinking Kölsch in Cologne 5 days ago Germany is one of my favorite countries in Europe, so the decision to visit my friend Kasey in Cologne was an easy one. A chance to see my friend again AND explore a new German city. Flight booked. I didn’t really know much about Germany’s fourth largest city before I arrived. Without the hip...
- Amsterdam: The Greatest Hits 1 week ago A few days after getting back from Scotland I was sitting in the living room with my flatmate Claire when we realized there was a bank holiday weekend coming up and decided that we had to go somewhere. We wrangled our friend Alicia into the mix and started planning. Because we had waited until the...
- Why I'm Staying in Louisville 1 week ago Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said I was freaking out about being back in the US and couldn’t wait to leave Louisville and wanted to move to New York immediately? Well, that all changed. A few days after I posted that, I realized something I thought would never be true. I actually like...
- A Road Trip Reunion in Scotland 2 weeks ago Early this year I cut my original plans to spend all of April traveling around central Europe in half for a truly great reason- a chance to reunite with 3 of my best friends from college. Alicia and Kasey were both in Europe on work assignments and our friend Tara decided to use some vacation days...
- Where to Stay in Central Europe 2 weeks ago As a traveler on a budget, I’m no stranger to staying in hostels. Over the past five years of staying in hostels in the United States, Europe, and Asia, I’ve come to discover what kind of hostels I find the most enjoyable. I’m kind of over the huge 12 bed dorm, stay up until 4 am, always a...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!