Latest Blog Posts »
- I'm Going to Jordan and Yes It's Safe: Introducing #GirlsGoneJordan 1 day ago For the past almost two months I’ve been keeping a huge secret from everyone… I’M GOING TO JORDAN! On Thursday! I’ll be spending a week traveling around the country as a guest of the Jordan Tourism Board as part of a campaign that I helped create. That’s right. This isn’t any old press...
- Trying to Find the Cool in Indianapolis 6 days ago I never thought I’d struggle with the decision to write a post about Indianapolis. The whole premise of this post, and my trip there, was to try to find something cool about the city, to try to find something interesting about a place I never really thought about outside the context of a football...
- The Time I Went to Tecate for Tacos 1 week ago Sometimes when you’re traveling you make some really great morning plans and then you end up closing down the bar and eating tacos out of your purse on a curb while waiting for your Uber and those awesome morning plans start to look a lot less appealing. Such was the case with our trip to Tecate....
- Advice from Travelers: How to Save Money for Travel 2 weeks ago Advice from Travelers is a monthly feature in which fellow travel bloggers weigh in on the questions I get asked most in order to give you all the most well-rounded travel advice possible. In this inaugural version of Advice from Travelers I asked what is probably the most common question...
- 6 Reasons I Fell in Love with San Diego 2 weeks ago There are some places in the world you visit and immediately see yourself living there. Sometimes there isn’t really a reason, it’s just a good feeling you get. I’ve felt that pull to settle in Athens, Saigon, Taipei, and Amsterdam. And now San Diego. In some ways it was everything I’d...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!