Latest Blog Posts »
- See You in September! 3 months ago I’m taking a little break from blogging. I know what you’re probably thinking. This blog doesn’t get updated regularly and I often just disappear for a few months, so why do I feel the need to announce a break now? Well, for my own sanity really. Even though I don’t have a regular posting...
- My Ten Favorite Instagrammers 3 months ago Recently Instagram has become my favorite social media platform. While I was skeptical when the app was first released (why would I use this instead of Twitter or Tumblr?), I’ve since become kind of obsessed. Yes, I am that person who takes ten photos of my food as soon as the sever has set it...
- The Best Bites in Budapest 3 months ago In between admiring the beauty of Budapest, throwing back palinka shots at ruin bars, and recovering in the thermal baths, I found time to do a fair bit of eating. Like Polish food, Hungarian cuisine was fairly new to me. I mean, even the one dish I thought I knew (goulash) I ended up being totally...
- The Beauty, Bars, and Baths of Budapest 3 months ago After failing to connect with Warsaw and a tour of Auschwitz that left me feeling uneasy, I was more than ready for a change of scenery. Or in this case, a change of country. I took an 8 hour bus ride south, through the Tatra Mountain in Slovakia, to Budapest. Originally two cities occupying either...
- Knowing When It's Time To Go 4 months ago It’s been quiet for the past couple of weeks over here. Partially because I was in Cologne visiting a friend and then friends came to London to visit, but mostly because I couldn’t write. I would sit down in front of the computer and the words just wouldn’t come. I’d look at pictures of...
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!