Latest Blog Posts »
- New Year 2018 2 months ago Happy New Year! Suddenly 2017 is gone in a blur--like 24 flu you're happy to see the end of but can't totally remember. I have high hopes for 2018 as eight is my lucky number and things are looking rosy. But 2017 hasn't been all bad. There have been some pretty big milestones worth remembering. For...
- After the Degree 4 months ago Well hello out there!It has been sometime since I've been here chatting with you. The masters degree took over my life, along with an abrupt move out of London to the beautiful English town of Bath. But now that the degree is more or less done, I can finally to something with it!So, here's the...
- The Seen and the Unseen 11 months ago Yesterday, I left the flat to pick up the little girl I nanny and take her to cello lessons. Jon was at home-- he'd gotten caught up watching a film instead of taking a run like he'd planned. When I reached the station, my phone rang. “Jess! Don't get on the train. There was guy that was just...
- Grandpa Summers 11 months ago My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago, so I put together this video for his funeral.For the past several years I've been collecting photos and video of my grandpa. I spent one summer with him scanning all the images we could find. It was an important moment for me because I never really knew...
- 7 Must-Know Questions About Traveling to London 1 year ago I get a lot of questions from people wanting to travel to London. I realised I am repeating myself quite a bit so it is about time I posted the answers:Question 1: Where should I stay in London?This is a really tough question as London is a big city. I dug in deep and did an in-depth article about...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Young Rubbish
20:16 PM March 28, 2014
Clever writing, very personal and entertaining. I LOVELOVELOVE the beautiful pictures!
21:43 PM March 28, 2014
Amazing photos. Delightful take on life in London. Definitely worth reading.
16:09 PM March 29, 2014
Very clear and clever writing. Overall it appears to be a great blog of a beautiful couples life of work and leisure. The articles are always fun to read and the pictures are phenomenal. Most articles are objective but when there are opinions to be expressed, they are hilarious.
05:25 AM April 01, 2014
This is a fantastic blog! I subscribe through bloglovin' and have it on my toolbar so I always remember to keep up with it. Jess is a wonderful writer who constantly makes me laugh. Jon, on the rare occasion when he writes, always seems to leave some juicy tidbit behind. The pictures are so beautiful. Obviously done by a pro! They make me want to board a plane and head over to England myself.
14:30 PM April 17, 2014
I love this blog because its full of photos! The text suppliments but doesn't overwhelm the posts. Plus they have a great sense of humor!
05:25 AM October 31, 2014
I love this blog.... Makes me smile every time. The pictures are breath taking.
10:54 AM January 12, 2015
I love that someone is doing a vlog on here. It's really professional. It means I get to experience life in London a bit too, which is really fab.