Latest Blog Posts »
- Cubism 4 days ago The first time I saw a box of wine in France, I was shocked. SHOCKED! Boxed wine in France? This
- Le Vent Rend Fou 2 months ago Translation: The wind makes you crazy.
- Another Day, Another Dollar 2 months ago It's been 3 weeks since I arrived back on my doorstep and its subsequent 4 flights of stairs here in Aix en Provence.
- Ice Cold 4 months ago This week here in Minneapolis (yes, I'm STILL here) the temperature has descended to -17 F. (-23C)
- France Factor 4 months ago They say the best way to kill a blog is to stop posting for awhile. I do this frequently. I'm truly surprised this puppy is not dead in the water and my New Year's resolution is to try to post more regularly while I'm traveling. And to get rid of belly fat. However, my blog is supposed to be about...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on du Jour
13:58 PM October 31, 2012
This American lady upped sticks and moved herself to Provence to fulfill a dream....but this is not one of the vapid 'living the dream' blogs wallowing macarons and croissants. It's a blog that gives a picture of her life, how she manages to stay, the administrative obstacles, how she overcomes them...and - respect - how she parks a car in town! She has a clear individual voice...one I look forward to hearing again as soon as i have finished reading the last post...
20:11 PM November 01, 2012
I love Delena's blog. I admire how she upped sticks and made a life in Aix en Provence with all the difficulties that that implies. She writes with humour and intelligence, tells us about her highs and lows, her lucky breaks, her visitors, her visits elsewhere and her interesting life in Provence. I always home in onto her posts when they pop into my blog list reader.
17:27 PM November 07, 2012
Best find of the year! I can finally read a good blog from someone my age with whom I can identify a bit more. Delana's personality wins you over the moment you start reading her. What a lovely woman! She has an amazing "go for it" spirit, and doesn't find excuses to not live her life the way she wants at an age where many are looking forward to retiring in a few years and THEN follow their dreams. Life is NOW and Delana knows it...what a chic! I want to be like her when I grow up (and I'm 53)
00:56 AM November 14, 2012
Love Delana's blog....look forward to reading about her experiences and escapades. Love her writing and her spirit.
09:45 AM November 15, 2012
such a fun blog full of joie de vivre! she's constantly reminding us that where there's a will there's a way.
14:24 PM November 16, 2012
Delana's blog is the reality of my fantasy. Living in the South of France is only something most of us dream of. I love the day to day adventures - the simple things she finds and writes about so touchingly. I can really experience the life she describes with all the senses. Plus - the photos are wonderful!!
08:07 AM November 19, 2012
Delana is a warm woman full of humour. A big smile comes to my face when I see that there is a new post to be read. And she has so much courage! An example for all of us with an empty nest.
06:38 AM December 14, 2012
Delana has a great writing voice and an endless supply of really interesting things to write about - who doesn't want to hear about what living in France is really like? She's an extraordinary woman living an extraordinary life!