Latest Blog Posts »
- Non Buyers Remorse 4 weeks ago I work very hard at not collecting things. I just can't forget how much agony and time it took to rid myself of all my possesions and collections the first two times. I do not want to do it again nor do I want to leave this horrendous chore to my boys. That being said,
- Ritual Rentrée Review 3 months ago Why is it that in spite of not having to run my life according to a school calendar for many years, there is still something about the first of September that changes life's rhythm? It's a bit like New Year's Day but more pronounced in so many ways. When September 1st arrives, all the things I've...
- Life is a Beach 5 months ago I'm resting myself today after two days in a row at the beach. Yes, I know, EVERYONE is at the beach at this time of year in the south of France.
- Eau de Vie 5 months ago Last week I harvested my first cherry tomato of the season. And a gigantic, mini tomato it was! It took all of 15 seconds before this still warm beauty was sliding down my throat; a bit of its wayward juice dripping down my chin. It was really not the first. I’ve had others that had...
- July 4th Revisited 5 months ago I wrote this article on the 4th of July, 2009 during what was to be my first and last year in France and decided it was a good day to reprint it.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on du Jour
13:58 PM October 31, 2012
This American lady upped sticks and moved herself to Provence to fulfill a dream....but this is not one of the vapid 'living the dream' blogs wallowing macarons and croissants. It's a blog that gives a picture of her life, how she manages to stay, the administrative obstacles, how she overcomes them...and - respect - how she parks a car in town! She has a clear individual voice...one I look forward to hearing again as soon as i have finished reading the last post...
20:11 PM November 01, 2012
I love Delena's blog. I admire how she upped sticks and made a life in Aix en Provence with all the difficulties that that implies. She writes with humour and intelligence, tells us about her highs and lows, her lucky breaks, her visitors, her visits elsewhere and her interesting life in Provence. I always home in onto her posts when they pop into my blog list reader.
17:27 PM November 07, 2012
Best find of the year! I can finally read a good blog from someone my age with whom I can identify a bit more. Delana's personality wins you over the moment you start reading her. What a lovely woman! She has an amazing "go for it" spirit, and doesn't find excuses to not live her life the way she wants at an age where many are looking forward to retiring in a few years and THEN follow their dreams. Life is NOW and Delana knows it...what a chic! I want to be like her when I grow up (and I'm 53)
00:56 AM November 14, 2012
Love Delana's blog....look forward to reading about her experiences and escapades. Love her writing and her spirit.
09:45 AM November 15, 2012
such a fun blog full of joie de vivre! she's constantly reminding us that where there's a will there's a way.
14:24 PM November 16, 2012
Delana's blog is the reality of my fantasy. Living in the South of France is only something most of us dream of. I love the day to day adventures - the simple things she finds and writes about so touchingly. I can really experience the life she describes with all the senses. Plus - the photos are wonderful!!
08:07 AM November 19, 2012
Delana is a warm woman full of humour. A big smile comes to my face when I see that there is a new post to be read. And she has so much courage! An example for all of us with an empty nest.
06:38 AM December 14, 2012
Delana has a great writing voice and an endless supply of really interesting things to write about - who doesn't want to hear about what living in France is really like? She's an extraordinary woman living an extraordinary life!