The Wooden Shoe Diaries
Latest Blog Posts »
- Kill the wabbit 5 days ago Last weekend I went to the opera. Don’t laugh. I like opera. I admit, I used to think opera was a stuffy, elitist art form enjoyed only by cultural snobs. Now that I’ve familiarized myself with the storylines of half a dozen of the more famous operas I know better. Opera is exactly like...
- Lets call last week 'the beach scene,' then shall we? 2 weeks ago Package holidays: a chance to enjoy getting away from it all by escaping to a foreign country where the majority of the people you see and interact with are from the country you just left behind. It’s tourism at it’s most mass-produced and merciless.
- Where's Bon Jovi when you need him? 1 month ago I’ve heard me many a badly-wrought tune in my day, and in many cases, in private at any rate, I've sung along enthusiastically. Anyone remember ‘You Give Love a Bad Name’? That was a big hairbrush-microphone hit for me when I was nine. Was it any good as a song? No. But I was...
- Some Stuff that Happened in Clog World Since the Last Stuff that Happened in Clog World 1 month ago Whoa. My bad.The last time I posted, Benedict was still Pope. I hope that over the past weeks you all managed to pick your way through Dutch-Anglo relations without my careful and balanced analysis. I can only assume that the NOS Journaal has witnessed a rise in viewers during my absence. Sorry,...
- Personal Assistance Experience Or Not 2 months ago I got offered a job today, which is AWESOME, because I didn't even apply:I’ve blocked out the person’s name to prevent any of you from stealing my job.I was trying to work out why someone would ever email a socially-awkward blogger with no real life skills and ask them to be in charge...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Netherlands!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 23 reviews on The Wooden Shoe Diaries
16:19 PM November 03, 2012
We watch for Ernestine's Blog, it always cheers us and makes our day. Keep them coming.
16:25 PM November 03, 2012
I love to read Ernestine`s blog The Wooden Shoe Diaries & have had the pleasure of meeting the Shoes when they were traveling this summer.Her blogs always give you a laugh & make your day a little brighter.Thanks Ernestine.
16:27 PM November 03, 2012
Yes, I do think this blog has what it takes to win! I always enjoy reading Ernestine's blog, her entries are well written and funny.
16:29 PM November 03, 2012
From entries that are bust-a-gut funny to OMG-I-didn't-know-that informative, The Wooden Shoe Diaries is always entertaining. Well written and with an appreciative eye for the absurd, Ernestine Lahey showcases the simple everyday moments of living in another country and, in doing so, makes the reader want to join her on her Dutch adventures. Wait...she does more than that. She takes us along with her. How I envy those wooden shoes! Give this blogger her award...she deserves it! (p.s. in the interest of full disclosure I feel it behooves me to mention that I am the blogger's sister. However, this familial relationship in no way influenced my comments).
16:41 PM November 03, 2012
I have been reading Ernestine's blog for a year or so now. She has a wonderful way of turning her daily life experiences into the perfect drama/comedy skit that could be presented on any stage. I always look forward to her next adventure!
18:17 PM November 03, 2012
Ernestine has an excellence blog , always so funny and entertaining ,she does an outstanding job . Thank you for making a little part of my day brighter , oh yes, she deserves this award ...
20:04 PM November 03, 2012
Ernestine, you and your blog rock. I miss Linguistics classes with you - your blog helps with the homesicknes...
22:09 PM November 03, 2012
Look no further we have a winner. I always look forward to Ernestine's blog "The Wooden Shoe Diaries". Very well written and most entertaining.
22:50 PM November 03, 2012
Yeah!! So funny. Always a pleasure to read :)
23:43 PM November 03, 2012
I do believe Ernestine has what it takes to win.Her blogs really makes my day.She is very funny and entertaining.
00:05 AM November 04, 2012
Her blog is excellent and so funny. I read all her enteries
07:18 AM November 04, 2012
07:20 AM November 04, 2012
I love reading Ernestine's blog - not only is it hilarious but I also recognize my own life, in a funny way.
07:31 AM November 04, 2012
I enjoy so much the continuing saga of Ernestine's life in the Netherlands! She's able to describe, with wonderful wit and a dry sense of humor, the awkwardness one often feels when attempting to adapt to a new culture.
11:10 AM November 04, 2012
Love reading The Wooden Shoe Diaries, very funny and entertaining, Ernestine should win this award.
16:14 PM November 04, 2012
It is amazing to be able to access the working and functioning of your inner brain, and I thank you for it. Needless to say, you must win.
21:56 PM November 04, 2012
Ernestine is absolutely amazing, her stories are hilarious and her writing is so good! (My favourites are the "what I wanted to say/what I actually said"-pictures)
05:50 AM November 05, 2012
love Ernestines blog, always look forward to her stories, so well written and always makes me smile
21:35 PM November 05, 2012
Insightful, witty and always a pleasure to read... Give those wooden shoes an award!
21:15 PM November 08, 2012
Amusing and entertaining
07:41 AM November 09, 2012
Every single blog entry makes me laugh. Brilliantly written! Thanks Ernestine.
09:17 AM November 13, 2012
Love it, love her!
10:51 AM December 12, 2012
Hilarious. Makes me appreciate the zany quirkiness of expat life.