The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Is it time to talk about Breasts? 1 week ago As the media is awash with Angelina Jolie's decision to undergo a double mastectomy to reduce her risk of developing cancer, I thought I'd add my two cents' worth. Guardian journalist Hadley Freeman wrote about Jolie's announcement as something that overturns public perception of celebrity lives....
- Portrait of a Lady (2) 2 weeks ago A while ago I wrote about the Art of Writing Retreat in Tuscany this summer where I will be speaking. My topic will be Blogging from the Heart - Grassroots Book Promotion. I was planning on using my usual public-speaking tricks: a glass of prosecco beforehand, a pair of sturdy heels, a few strong...
- The Dangers of Handbags 3 weeks ago This is just a piece of advice from a frivolous lady.Do not go to London. Do not buy a cheap ticket ostensibly for your daughter's university Open Day. Do not relish the idea of a break from home. Do not take a near-empty suitcase.Do not turn up on a strikingly sunny week where you can walk for...
- Swimming Pools, Tall Grass and Cherry Blossoms 2 months ago The time has come for change. No more boots. Short sleeves. Silver rings and bangles. Sunhats in the garden. For all of its political chaos Italy usually pulls out all the stops on good, wine-drinking weather. Saucy sauvignon in the garden. Seductive primitivo at night.Every year I have a big big...
- Portrait of a Lady 2 months ago Pretty soon it's been a year since 'The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy' came out and I think I need a birthday party. A year ago I was a terrified debut novelist virgin. Absolutely clueless. My publisher is a small British press so much of the promotion was up to me. I organised a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
14:49 PM November 01, 2012
Warm, intelligent bloggings! Love it!
16:22 PM November 01, 2012
Funny and new.loved it
21:28 PM November 01, 2012
Such honesty - Catherine writes with passion and a great sense of humour. Her posts make my day! F
08:37 AM November 02, 2012
This is such a fun and varied blog - it conveys perfectly all the delights and frustrations of expat life, the daily wonder and bafflement, as well as profound understanding and love of Italy.
11:34 AM November 02, 2012
Great post. As a fellow ex-pat, I find this funny and very, very true.
14:06 PM November 02, 2012
Catherine is a poet in four-inch heels, and she always makes me laugh.
15:48 PM November 02, 2012
Good job. Well done!
18:29 PM November 02, 2012
Cat has it all! Warm intelligent insightful challenging and a fab laugh. She is grappa made flesh - an injection of espresso - a warm embrace - a friend! The writing is of such consistently high quality - the posts have you begging for more.
19:35 PM November 02, 2012
At times hilarious and times poignant, Catherine's posts always give me something to think about.
21:45 PM November 04, 2012
Catherine makes me think, laugh and question. Wonderful use of language and a different and interesting point of view. Fun to read and so very thought provoking!
12:23 PM November 12, 2012
Catherine filters her experience of Italy through a veil of humour and observation in a way that makes you smile, but also makes you want to lift the veil and see the deeper motivations driving her. She makes you care for her and root for her.