The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- I don't wanna go home 2 days ago It happens every time I go away. Not just away like for work even if it is in a cool place. It's not that. It happens each time I go on my annual camping trip to Corsica. You see, once I get into the rhythm of it, I really don't want to go home. I want to stay on there in my shorts and bikini with...
- The Best Things in Life 2 months ago Spot the cat!After a van breakdown on the perilous A4, a twelve-hour driving stretch including burrowing under the scary Mont Blanc tunnel and charging through central France, your bed-and-breakfast falling through, a night-time unloading of an entire summer collection and staggering about with...
- The Constant Gardener 4 months ago Photos : Mariarosaria ValenteThere are two constants in the summertime here. Shoe sales and gardening. Now that might appear to make for a very brainless summer but let me inform you that this writer is heading off to two short story conferences this summer - with barely an inch of time to work on...
- A Cherry Saga 4 months ago It has been neverending. Cherry after cherry after cherry. I'm not complaining. Substitute breakfast snack with: Cherry Snack. Substitute coffee break with: Cherry Break. Substitute lunchtime fruit with: Lunch Cherries. Substitute afternoon tea with: Cherry O'Clock...Get out your ladder girl, and...
- Lemon Loving in Italy 4 months ago I have a weakness for lemons. Perhaps it is because we never had a lemon tree, but used to pinch them from the neighbour's tree. While I adore lemons in pots and look after mine like children (wrapped in scarves in the old chicken shed through winter), lemon trees in the ground send me into...
Contest Entries »
- Why Italy Will Break Your Heart Many Times Over Expat Blog Awards 2013 Why Italy Will Break Your Heart Many Times Over This isn’t about sex. It’s not about having your heart pummelled by some dopey guy or silly female. It’s not about an affair or the end of a long marriage. Though it could be. Italy will...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
14:49 PM November 01, 2012
Warm, intelligent bloggings! Love it!
16:22 PM November 01, 2012
Funny and new.loved it
21:28 PM November 01, 2012
Such honesty - Catherine writes with passion and a great sense of humour. Her posts make my day! F
08:37 AM November 02, 2012
This is such a fun and varied blog - it conveys perfectly all the delights and frustrations of expat life, the daily wonder and bafflement, as well as profound understanding and love of Italy.
11:34 AM November 02, 2012
Great post. As a fellow ex-pat, I find this funny and very, very true.
14:06 PM November 02, 2012
Catherine is a poet in four-inch heels, and she always makes me laugh.
15:48 PM November 02, 2012
Good job. Well done!
18:29 PM November 02, 2012
Cat has it all! Warm intelligent insightful challenging and a fab laugh. She is grappa made flesh - an injection of espresso - a warm embrace - a friend! The writing is of such consistently high quality - the posts have you begging for more.
19:35 PM November 02, 2012
At times hilarious and times poignant, Catherine's posts always give me something to think about.
21:45 PM November 04, 2012
Catherine makes me think, laugh and question. Wonderful use of language and a different and interesting point of view. Fun to read and so very thought provoking!
12:23 PM November 12, 2012
Catherine filters her experience of Italy through a veil of humour and observation in a way that makes you smile, but also makes you want to lift the veil and see the deeper motivations driving her. She makes you care for her and root for her.
23:33 PM December 04, 2013
Always love your blog Catherine!!! One I look forward to sending love xxx lisa | renovating italy