The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Please Turn Off the Music 1 week ago At the risk of sounding like an old fuddy-duddy instead of a refined ex-disco queen, I think it's time to Turn Off the Music.I mean, take today. I turn up at the pool for a quick lunchtime swim. Nothing too punishing, just forty minutes of lap time in between everything else. Are you with me?...
- Heel Porn 3 weeks ago Gianvito Rossi - electrify!Have you fallen in love recently? I have. They cost XXXeuro !! I swear I’m trying my best to move on to the next guy. I mean pair of heels. This is what I CANNOT STAND ABOUT LIVING IN ITALY. And what’s worse is when an expert internet shopper friend (grazie mille...
- The Wild Beasts of the Earth Will Adore Him 1 month ago I've been busy. Nooo, not writing another blockbuster, but very much entangled in words. In fact I've been going nuts with words.Ever walked into an Italian church which is just dripping with marble and angels and columns and symbols and layer upon layer of history you know you should understand?...
- Blog Her Award - Shoes, Stones and Triumph 2 months ago Thanks very much, Rachel Fenton, for presenting me with this blog award ! Some of you will remember that I met up with Short Fiction prizewinner Rachel Fenton in Soho last November for a brilliant Wagamama lunch where we both motor-mouthed for hours. Oh and we also read our stories at the Short...
- When I grow up I'm gonna be a cowgirl 2 months ago I know it's a leopardWhat did you want to be when you were an impressionable innocent young thing? A lion tamer like me? Impressionable and Wild Kingdom-lovin' young Cat decided she wanted to be nothing less than a lion tamer after going to see the Moscow Circus somewhere in central Sydney in the...
Contest Entries »
- Why Italy Will Break Your Heart Many Times Over Expat Blog Awards 2013 Why Italy Will Break Your Heart Many Times Over This isn’t about sex. It’s not about having your heart pummelled by some dopey guy or silly female. It’s not about an affair or the end of a long marriage. Though it could be. Italy will...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
14:49 PM November 01, 2012
Warm, intelligent bloggings! Love it!
16:22 PM November 01, 2012
Funny and new.loved it
21:28 PM November 01, 2012
Such honesty - Catherine writes with passion and a great sense of humour. Her posts make my day! F
08:37 AM November 02, 2012
This is such a fun and varied blog - it conveys perfectly all the delights and frustrations of expat life, the daily wonder and bafflement, as well as profound understanding and love of Italy.
11:34 AM November 02, 2012
Great post. As a fellow ex-pat, I find this funny and very, very true.
14:06 PM November 02, 2012
Catherine is a poet in four-inch heels, and she always makes me laugh.
15:48 PM November 02, 2012
Good job. Well done!
18:29 PM November 02, 2012
Cat has it all! Warm intelligent insightful challenging and a fab laugh. She is grappa made flesh - an injection of espresso - a warm embrace - a friend! The writing is of such consistently high quality - the posts have you begging for more.
19:35 PM November 02, 2012
At times hilarious and times poignant, Catherine's posts always give me something to think about.
21:45 PM November 04, 2012
Catherine makes me think, laugh and question. Wonderful use of language and a different and interesting point of view. Fun to read and so very thought provoking!
12:23 PM November 12, 2012
Catherine filters her experience of Italy through a veil of humour and observation in a way that makes you smile, but also makes you want to lift the veil and see the deeper motivations driving her. She makes you care for her and root for her.
23:33 PM December 04, 2013
Always love your blog Catherine!!! One I look forward to sending love xxx lisa | renovating italy