The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to Love the Cold 4 days ago The cold is here in the north of our now topsy-turvy world. How is it hitting you? We have frost ahoy outside in the mornings and it is so beautiful to see the dawn lifting her tinkering icy skirts. And yet I have many friends and family who shrink from this season, who fail to see its distinct...
- The Somewhat Empty Nest Syndrome 1 week ago Birds engage in brief acts of sex. Mother bird makes a nest lined with down. Baby birds cheep-cheep-cheep. Mother bird finds worms and rams them down their throats. Baby birds get restless, peering out the world above, below, about. Baby birds take off, wobbly and at risk. Who said the world is...
- A Reading, a Visit to the Queen's Front Yard and the Inevitable Pair of Boots 1 month ago Those who know me well know that I pack a good suitcase. I've been doing it for a number of years now. Even with house-moves I excel, though after nearly twenty of them that's a talent I don't wish to exercise any time soon thanks.So late last week I packed two-and-half outfits, two pairs of shoes...
- Rooftop Dancing for Wanton Women 2 months ago This is what can happen.It's Saturday and you play your Haydn sonata, the second and third movements, over and over in pieces on your maestro's divine grand piano. He whizzes through the trio you are going to play together.You walk out onto the street, pooped.You sit in a bar where the internet...
- Weddings, walnuts, exes and sad dirty truths 2 months ago There was a wedding. Not a huge one, nor too boisterous. It was a little stiff, with much joy however, on a cold crisp day.There were exes present. Plus fluffy new partners. Kids darting off. Teetering heels getting trapped in the cobbles.A certain young soprano we all know sang an aria...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
14:49 PM November 01, 2012
Warm, intelligent bloggings! Love it!
16:22 PM November 01, 2012
Funny and new.loved it
21:28 PM November 01, 2012
Such honesty - Catherine writes with passion and a great sense of humour. Her posts make my day! F
08:37 AM November 02, 2012
This is such a fun and varied blog - it conveys perfectly all the delights and frustrations of expat life, the daily wonder and bafflement, as well as profound understanding and love of Italy.
11:34 AM November 02, 2012
Great post. As a fellow ex-pat, I find this funny and very, very true.
14:06 PM November 02, 2012
Catherine is a poet in four-inch heels, and she always makes me laugh.
15:48 PM November 02, 2012
Good job. Well done!
18:29 PM November 02, 2012
Cat has it all! Warm intelligent insightful challenging and a fab laugh. She is grappa made flesh - an injection of espresso - a warm embrace - a friend! The writing is of such consistently high quality - the posts have you begging for more.
19:35 PM November 02, 2012
At times hilarious and times poignant, Catherine's posts always give me something to think about.
21:45 PM November 04, 2012
Catherine makes me think, laugh and question. Wonderful use of language and a different and interesting point of view. Fun to read and so very thought provoking!
12:23 PM November 12, 2012
Catherine filters her experience of Italy through a veil of humour and observation in a way that makes you smile, but also makes you want to lift the veil and see the deeper motivations driving her. She makes you care for her and root for her.
23:33 PM December 04, 2013
Always love your blog Catherine!!! One I look forward to sending love xxx lisa | renovating italy