Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mellow Bday Celebrations in San Pedro 1 week ago All I needed for a good birthday was a beach day, a pool day, good food, and a few good friends...Beach day up north:Pool day at Rojo Lounge:Thanks to everyone who made it special :)
- A frequent question about living on the #1 Island in the World is... 1 month ago "How's the dating scene in Belize/San Pedro?"Yeah.... that's what all the single people itching to move down here want to know, and all I can tell you is.... it's rough. Even if you're open to dating outside of your own race and are willing to consider locals as well as other ex-pats... it's rough....
- The past few weeks, in pictures 2 months ago I've been working a lot for the past few weeks (Yay!!) and taking lots of pictures while I do it.... Some meals I've made...Fish filet done Belizean style, with coconut ginger rice and a salad with coconut oil and balsamic vinegarLocal lobster tail with garlic butter, coconut rice with pineapple...
- Back to the Boat 3 months ago Finally, after way too much time off, I'm on my way back to work...Just in time, too - I'm out of money and things to do (which was clear, I think, from my last post)My journey to work starts with a 15 minute walk into town to catch the water taxi over to Belize City....An hour and a half on the...
- Blog? What blog? 3 months ago Once again, I've been ignoring my blog - and do you want to know why?It's because I'm bored.Don't get me wrong, I still love Belize and the thought to move back "home" never crosses my mind, but I do, most days, find living on an island kind of boring.It's always good for photography,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris