Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- My New, Smelly Baby 1 week ago It's been a good two months or so since I've had any kind of spending money, or "extra" money, if there is such a thing - but I finished up my first charter of the season yesterday day and I was heading home with some cash in my pocket.I ran into a friend of mine (Ras Gilbert) at the water taxi...
- The Trouble With Falling in Love.... 2 weeks ago All I want to do is take long walks on the beach with him, make sure he's healthy and happy, and cuddle up next to him at night... But no. "His kind" apparently aren't welcome where I live, so I have to say goodbye soon.For someone who falls in love with animals so, so easily (you didn't think this...
- October 2014 (in pictures) 3 weeks ago October is the best time to be in San Pedro, in my opinion.Yes, we get some rain, and yes, a lot of places are still closed for slow season and everything is pretty quiet, BUT, prices for tours, hotel rooms, golf cart rentals, even food at some places are way cheaper than in high season, the...
- The Doggy Dilemma 1 month ago So, there's this dog.... He belongs to my neighbor and, up until about two weeks ago, this poor guy was constantly tied up on their verandah, 24/7. (again, if you liked me on Facebook you would already know this part)There's a long story about what's been going on with him lately, but none of...
- Yet Another Place to Find My Musings 1 month ago I forget sometimes that I have people who read my blog, but don't follow me on Facebook. I don't know why that is, but it's annoying... and even more annoying is not getting followed on Instagram, because that's where all the good pictures go first...Anyway, if you did "like" my Facebook page, you...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris