Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- A MONTH'S Worth of Pictures, Because I am a Damn Slacker. 2 days ago Well, I guess since my last post was about Grand Caribe's newest development project, we'll start with pictures of all progress that's happened in such a short time.And by "progress," I mean "land rape." Uuugggghhh. We seriously DON'T need more of these hideous...
- More Development Coming Soon. Ugh. 2 months ago I'm sad to say that Ambergris Caye will be losing even more of it's natural charm once partners with Grand Caribe take over what has been Cheech's home for the past three months or so - the old Lazy Croc's property.You can see in the next photo how close the enormous buildings of Grand Caribe...
- The Back Beach Escape 2 months ago It's (sadly) no secret that Ambergris Caye has a stunningly beautiful beach up north and over on the western side of the island, but if you're lucky, like I have been twice this week, you can still spend a few hours up there without bumping in to too many other people.I know it's assumed by many...
- A FUN Island Adventure, on a Monday 2 months ago I've totally said it before - the BEST adventures are always the ones that are completely spontaneous and unplanned.The only plans I did have for yesterday were just running boring errands in town - I had to buy a few things and drop off a package at Maya Air, but I was up super early, so I took...
- Two Super Short Reviews 3 months ago It's insane, to me, how expensive "good" toilet paper is here- like $12bz for a 4 pack of Charmin (that's an estimation, I know it's over $10 and varies from store to store.)This is a basic human need - and don't EVEN get me started on tampons!!! Those should be free in the entire world unless you...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris