Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Home Number Ten... Another Good One 5 days ago I think everyone knows how much I loved home number nine and how sad I was that my time there came to an end. It was only supposed to be a three month stay and I ended up being there for ten months - so I can't complain at all - but I was still pretty bummed to leave.Here are some pictures, again,...
- Developing an OCD And Hatred for Throw Pillows 3 weeks ago There's a lot of repetition involved in my job - we basically serve the same menu on every charter, answer the same questions about ourselves and Belize over and over again, ask the guests the same questions and give them the same options, we're constantly cleaning up the same 38-50 feet of boat...
- Sailing South and Taking Pictures! 1 month ago I finished working a fun, easy, five night charter on Monday - and, as usual, I'm pretty sure I took even more pictures than our guests did...Have we talked about Blumps before? The stuffed, no armed, orange bodied, green haired, big nosed dude that I've had for as long as I can remember? Yeah......
- Our Lovely Little Island Needs HELP. 2 months ago Attention potential investors and future home owners of Ambergris Caye - here are some pictures of the San Mateo area that I'm sure your realtors won't be taking you to: Reminder - this is one of our NEIGHBORHOODS, not the dumpHard working families, with CHILDREN, live in this areaI guess that as...
- A MONTH'S Worth of Pictures, Because I am a Damn Slacker. 3 months ago Well, I guess since my last post was about Grand Caribe's newest development project, we'll start with pictures of all progress that's happened in such a short time.And by "progress," I mean "land rape." Uuugggghhh. We seriously DON'T need more of these hideous...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris