Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Two Super Short Reviews 1 week ago It's insane, to me, how expensive "good" toilet paper is here- like $12bz for a 4 pack of Charmin (that's an estimation, I know it's over $10 and varies from store to store.)This is a basic human need - and don't EVEN get me started on tampons!!! Those should be free in the entire world unless you...
- Enjoy it While it Lasts 1 week ago I've been home (from work) since January 7th - which sucks because I've been out of money since February 10th and I can't afford to work this infrequently - BUT, at the same time, I value my free time more than money, so it's been totally sweet to have so much time to myself. (If I didn't need to...
- The Top 5 Reasons (of today) that my BFF Loves Me 2 weeks ago You all know Kathy by now - my BFF for the past 22 years, almost. This is just a little taste of our daily conversations. Enjoy.I think this should be a weekly treat, don't you?
- Fiesta de Carnaval - San Pedro 2015 2 weeks ago Yesterday kicked off the Comparsas and Painting portion of Carnaval here in San Pedro - which I just happened to stumble upon while I was out 'n about...The Rules:The first sign that it's painting day - Shop owners cover their storefronts with tarps and plastic And then you see....People...
- Favorite Moments of the Past Two Weeks 2 weeks ago The BEST thing that has happened in the past two weeks happened to my buddy, Cheech.You all know I've been trying to pimp out Cheech to a good home since November - and we finally had someone step up and volunteer to be his foster dad for a while.I've also been trying to learn some stuff about...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris