Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tourist Behavior We Just Can't Stand 5 days ago I'm fully aware that I was "just a tourist" when I first started coming here, but I promise you, I did not do any of the following things:1- Being Stingy with the Tip (or not tipping at all)Ok, I haven't done any extensive traveling - I've only been to five countries outside of the U.S, but every...
- Surviving 5 Days in the Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital 5 days ago Hello there! My name is Keith and I am writing on Carrie’s blog to let you all know about my fantastic time of going to the public hospital in Belize City, and may be give you an idea of what to expect and bring. Keith!I sing and play here on the Island for about 4 years. On my 4thanniversary...
- Gorgeous Skies in Belize 1 week ago I have a serious question for photographers and other bloggers - I know I can't call myself a "photographer" since I haven't taken a photography class since high school, I don't own a fancy camera, and I don't know much about composition - and it is not hard to take beautiful pictures when you live...
- Yay, Ow, and WTF 3 weeks ago I've gotta say, I've been pretty damn lucky when it comes to recovering things that I've either lost or had stolen in the past year or so:I found one out of two missing cats, the wallet with my passport and debit cards and all that important stuff, and now - my bike! ...
- Disappointing End of 2014 (Updated) 4 weeks ago It was pretty disappointing to find out that my bike was stolen from right outside my house - which is in a fenced in area with four other house - and the screen to my bathroom window was cut while I was working on New Years EveIt was dumb of me to leave my bike unlocked, yes, but crime is getting...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris