Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Welcome to Home #9 6 days ago So, yeah - I'm on my NINTH home in the three+ years that I've been living in Belize... Home number one was a hotel for a month, then I moved to a place that I could no longer afford once my roommate moved back to the States. Home number three was a decent apartment that I left when I moved over to...
- Just Some Dreadlock Love 2 weeks ago I know that sooooo many of you have been wondering - "How are Carrie's dreads looking these days?"Well, ponder no longer - they turned 2 back on June 28th, and here's whats goin on:Before...Now...
- Bar Crawl up North - Could You Do It? 3 weeks ago I went for another long ass walk yesterday (7.49 miles, according to my pedometer) and took note of all of the bars I passed along the way... and now I think someone should try to hit all of them in one day and report back to me about how far you made it.Here's a list of your stops - I'm only...
- Places I've Never Been Before 4 weeks ago I mentioned in my last post that I recently finished working a really fun, awesome charter. We went to some of our regular spots - the Drowned Cayes, Caye Caulker, and San Pedro - but we also made some new (for me) stops along the way...Coral GardensI'm sure we've stopped here plenty of times...
- Manatee Orgy at Gallows Point 4 weeks ago So I just got back from, pretty much, the best charter ever - awesome guests, awesome captain, cayes I hadn't been to before, shooting stars almost every night, seeing the moonset, and swimming with a herd of about 20 manatees.The fact that it was my first time even being close enough to get a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris