Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- The past few weeks, in pictures 3 weeks ago I've been working a lot for the past few weeks (Yay!!) and taking lots of pictures while I do it.... Some meals I've made...Fish filet done Belizean style, with coconut ginger rice and a salad with coconut oil and balsamic vinegarLocal lobster tail with garlic butter, coconut rice with pineapple...
- Back to the Boat 2 months ago Finally, after way too much time off, I'm on my way back to work...Just in time, too - I'm out of money and things to do (which was clear, I think, from my last post)My journey to work starts with a 15 minute walk into town to catch the water taxi over to Belize City....An hour and a half on the...
- Blog? What blog? 2 months ago Once again, I've been ignoring my blog - and do you want to know why?It's because I'm bored.Don't get me wrong, I still love Belize and the thought to move back "home" never crosses my mind, but I do, most days, find living on an island kind of boring.It's always good for photography,...
- San Lucas Island - San Lucas Prison (Costa Rica) 4 months ago Ok, last post about Costa Rica (until I go back)Soooo....while we were staying at La Carolina Lodge, we asked the other guests (expats living in Playa Langosta) if there was anything that they recommended we check out while we were in the country, and they told us about an old, creepy, abandoned...
- I work on a boat .. 4 months ago I've been awake since 5:45am, out of bed since 6:15.It's 10am now and I've already....Made two pots of coffee and some teaChopped onions, peppers, tomatoes, and a papayaWarmed up English muffinsCooked and served breakfastWashed, dried, and put away dishesCleaned the kitchen countersScrubbed three...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris