Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Slow Season - Feeling Extra Slow This Year 2 weeks ago My first slow season here in Belize, in 2011, didn't feel very slow to me. I was working at Pedro's, we had a lot of guests, the bar always had patrons, and I just didn't even think about how quiet the rest of the island was since it didn't really affect me. Plus, I was still new here, so I was...
- The Master Lee Experience 2 months ago Master Lee's on Front Street, soon moving to a new locationSo I've been suffering from lower back pain for quite some time now.... a few months, maybe. It just started out as a dull pain, mostly after standing for long periods of time or after a long walk, but about a week ago it went from "dull"...
- Observations of an Island Dweller 3 months ago Change happens quickly here on Ambergris Caye.I posted about stopping in Dangriga back in May, and mentioned how it seems as though NOTHING has changed in the almost three years since I've been back there. Everything is exactly where I remember it being - no buildings have been knocked down and...
- A Peek at Hideaway Caye 3 months ago It was back in May that I went on a few charters down south (and posted a blog, "Sailing South and Taking Pictures") and I mentioned a cute little island that we visited called Hideaway Caye.... Now, two months later, I will tell you about it ;)Hideaway Caye is 14 miles off the coast of Placencia,...
- Home Number Ten... Another Good One 4 months ago I think everyone knows how much I loved home number nine and how sad I was that my time there came to an end. It was only supposed to be a three month stay and I ended up being there for ten months - so I can't complain at all - but I was still pretty bummed to leave.Here are some pictures, again,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris