Latest Blog Posts »
- Eat Street, Street Food, Poble Sec 3 days ago Yesterday I went to the inaugural ‘street food festival’ organised by BCN Mes and held at CREC in Poble Sec. The reason I am using inverted comas is that the majority of the food stands have a bricks and mortar location in Barcelona. Which is unlike street food at say Broadway Market...
- La Blanca, Bakery, L'Eixample 1 week ago One of the first things I did when I moved to Barcelona was to attend a baking course at Espai Sucre. Not because I need to learn how to bake but to get a glimpse at who might be doing that kind of course. I loved my baking teacher, Betina Montagne, a woman who wears […]
- Skye Coffee Co, Coffee Truck, Poblenou 2 weeks ago The coffee theme has snowballed on this blog. I am not as obsessed with coffee as all these coffee centric posts may suggest. However, that a diverse city like Barcelona might be missing a trick is intriguing to me. Is it that all the expats that come to Barcelona are only here for the sun...
- Baluard, Bakery, Barceloneta 3 weeks ago When I moved to Bucharest from Kuwait – I must have been about 3 – I was struck by the smell of our local bakery. It smelled sour, not yeasty like the commercial bread of today. Baluard in Barceloneta has that same smell, sharp, sour – natural yeast fermenting slowly. Actually, I had...
- Somewhere, Cafe, Sant Cugat del Vallès 4 weeks ago My Jordanian father once told me a story; we were visiting Vienna when I was a toddler and we were refused service at a restaurant because of me. Because I was a child. “But there is a dog in here!” he protested (Remember I said he is Jordanian, so letting in a dog and not […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Foodieinberlin's Blog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!