Notes from the UK
Latest Blog Posts »
- Funding the Church of England 4 days ago England has an official state church, called, imaginatively enough, the Church of England. Once upon a time, having an official church was serious business, and not belonging to it was even more serious. England has a history of trying to … Continue reading →
- Apologies 1 week ago Sorry–I just published a post too early, so I’ve done my best to un-publish it by marking it private. It’ll show up publicly at the end of the month. I really can’t be trusted with the Update buttons.
- Toilet doors in the U.S. and Britain 1 week ago Float around the internet for long enough and you’ll find Americans asking what the British think of the U.S. Or what the English think of it, because a fair number of Americans are convinced that Britain and England are the … Continue reading →
- Teaching English to the English 2 weeks ago This is a multiple choice test. Circle one answer. Circling more than one answer will cause a nuclear explosion. How is English taught in England? (A) Meticulously (B) Fussily (C) Ineffectively You are free to choose an incorrect answer, but be aware that … Continue reading →
- The Gloucester Cheese Rolling: a handful of links 2 weeks ago Here in Britain, we’re recovering from the bank holiday (which is a strange phrase meaning a long weekend) by soaking in a bit of rain and looking back to one of the more bizarre events in a country full of … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Notes from the UK has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!