Notes from the UK
Latest Blog Posts »
- A quick introduction to morris dancing 5 days ago Morris dancing is—. Oh, hell, I haven’t finished the first sentence and already I’m in trouble. Morris dancing divides people. You love it or you hate it, and if you hate it you go out of your way to make … Continue reading →
- British traditions: May Day in Oxford 1 week ago May Day swept past weeks ago, but that won’t stop us here at Notes. We’re not so small-minded that we’ll be bothered by a little thing like the calendar. I learned about the Oxford May Day celebrations from a newspaper … Continue reading →
- What really matters in British politics 1 week ago You have to love British politics. We just had an election in which the prime minister, Theresa May—at least as I type this she’s still the prime minister, although I wouldn’t put any large amount of money on that lasting—was … Continue reading →
- Emergency calls in Britain 2 weeks ago What constitutes a crisis in Britain? Not much, if you ask some people, so periodically the ambulance/police/fire/coast guard emergency number publicizes a handful of the weirder calls they get in a—doomed, I’m sure—effort to make people get serious about this. … Continue reading →
- Understanding the UK election 2 weeks ago Apologies for the extra post, but this is too good to miss. If you’re trying to understand the recent U.K. election, read this. It explains everything–and more. With thanks to A., who sent me the link.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Notes from the UK has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!