Notes from the UK
Latest Blog Posts »
- Best headline of the week 13 hours ago “Sex festival in Tunbridge Wells sparks concerns about parking.” If anyone can top that (and I don’t insist on the headline being from this week), oh please do write in.
- What MPs wear in the House of Commons 2 days ago Let’s talk about British politics. Specifically, let’s talk about the clothes involved in British politics. During June’s heat wave, the the House of Commons’ speaker announced that male MPs would not have to wear jackets and ties. The building’s not air … Continue reading →
- Banning pineapples 5 days ago Breaking news: Pineapples are dangerous. Okay, that’s not exactly breaking news. The BBC covered it on the 14th and it’s the 15th as I type this. But for Notes? That counts as instantaneous coverage. Here’s as much sense as I … Continue reading →
- Weetabix, British breakfasts, and plasticated creativity 1 week ago Okay, settle down at the back, because this will be on the test: New Zealand impounded 300 boxes of the British cereal Weetabix because it sounded too much like the New Zealand cereal Weet-Bix. Everyone involved is roaring and snorting … Continue reading →
- A report from the Department of Deceptive Appearances 1 week ago Norway A Norwegian anti-immigrant group went into fits of online hysteria about a photo of women in burkas only to find out that they were looking at a photo of six empty bus seats. Which, to be fair—and I do … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Notes from the UK has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!