Un Américain à Lyon
Latest Blog Posts »
- Is it time for the French to become more American? 2 years ago To start off on a positive note, the world knows that the French live to live their lives. Their extended lunches, long vacations, laissez faire attitude toward most all things unless it’s a strong opinion on anything from A to Z. Initially, adapting to life in France is not the easiest in the...
- IF ONLY I HAD THIS BLOG WHEN I ARRIVED. How to save money in Lyon and where to go to do so. 2 years ago Living in Europe is not cheap, but what country is? It only took 2 years, but every day I find a new treasure, a new place, a new discovery. I wrote this for people who like a nice savings and need to know where to go for certain things. If you are rolling in the […]
- Just walk into your pharmacy and walk out with a needle! 2 years ago North Americans are very use to just going to their doctor and getting the flu vaccine. Some do it, some don’t, it’s all a preference. When moving to a foreign country, you pray to find a doctor that speaks English. This is very, very doable especially in Lyon. Luckily, I have a great half...
- Just pedal and breathe, pedal and breathe. 2 years ago I have always enjoyed bikes. It use to be a family tradition when I was a child. I still have visions of my mum leading the way, my brother in front of me and we would just pedal away through Krug Park and Lovers Lane with it’s overlying trees and flowers abloom. As I got […]
- For the gastronomy capital of France, it sure is impossible to find sour cream and crème aigre does not exist. 2 years ago I was never a cook. I love to eat and I do enjoy to cook, but I do just the basics. When it finally hit me how expensive going out all the time had been turning into, I desperately needed a new hobby. One day, I was watching Julia Child on Youtube and thought to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Un Américain à Lyon has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!