Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- Go North: NDSM-Werf in Amsterdam Noord 2 weeks ago If you want to experience a different face of Amsterdam, take the ferry across the IJ and go to Amsterdam Noord. One very popular destination is NDSM-Werf, a former dock transformed in a place for artists, student houses, flea markets and interesting bars and restaurants. Former factories and...
- A walk in the lovely Oud-Zuid neighbourhood 3 weeks ago Yesterday I had to pick up a book order from the Van Rossum bookstore, on Beethovenstraat. Because it was a lovely sunny day and the area was buzzing with life (but in a pleasant, non crowded way), I decided to forget about all the other plans I had and just enjoy a walk around […]
- Lazy summer days 3 months ago Just when I thought the summer was over, there’s another heat wave passing through the Netherlands. I couldn’t be more happy — apart from the fact that my house feels like a sauna. That is the reason why everyone is out, soaking up the sun or looking for some shade, sleeping, playing,...
- Breda day trip 3 months ago Breda is a lovely city in the southern province of North Brabant. I went to Breda on a typical Dutch weather day: showers, sun, wind and then showers again. I had to hide from the rain from time to time, but that’s not difficult since the city centre is packed with bars and restaurants. […]
- Unexpected beauty: water lilies in Westerpark 2 months ago There are two round ponds in Westerpark, right across the WestergasTerras. Well hidden, because they are surrounded by fences that don’t seem too inviting. Since not many people know about them, they are usually quiet and perfect for a relaxing moment, far away from the craziness — you know...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam