Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- Modern architecture in Amsterdam: IJdock 2 weeks ago Amsterdam is not all about narrow brick houses and canals. It’s also about modern architecture and newly reclaimed lands. It’s the case of IJdock, a recently built peninsula close to Centraal Station. IJdock buildings look absolutely amazing, with their sea-like colours and interesting...
- Indonesian restaurant: Long Pura 4 weeks ago I am a big fan of Indonesian cuisine. Actually, after my mom’s food, it is my second favourite food in the world at the moment. I discovered it only a few years ago, when I moved to the Netherlands. I’ve never tried ‘real’ Indonesian food, because I haven’t visited the country...
- A day by the water 2 months ago Today I was in the mood to spend some time close to the water, but too lazy to leave Amsterdam. I went to the Oude Houthaven, a very quiet place which I discovered only about 2 years ago. I used to go by bike on the entire Houthaven area, but that’s not possible anymore […]
- Lovely harbour town: Enkhuizen 2 months ago Enkhuizen is an old town situated on the IJsselmeer. In the 17th century it was a very important harbour-town of the Dutch East India Company, just like Hoorn and Amsterdam. Today Enkhuizen is a quiet, charming place, still hosting a large marina and a maritime museum (Zuiderzeemuseum). I was...
- Alkmaar Cheese Market 2 months ago The Dutch know their cheese: they make delicious cheeses in quite a few varieties and I love them for that! This is a rich tradition in the Netherlands and there are a few traditional cheese markets where the product is presented, weighted and traded. I recently visited the one from Alkmaar, a...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam