Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- Great cocktail bar in Amsterdam West: Kevin Bacon Bar 1 week ago My friend and I recently tried out this lovely place in Amsterdam West: a cocktail bar named Kevin Bacon. Strange name for a bar, right? We had fun tagging ourselves as having cocktails with Kevin Bacon on FB, making our friends envious! Entering the bar you wouldn’t realise, but this is...
- A sunny Liberation Day 2 weeks ago Yesterday, the Netherlands celebrated Liberation Day – the day Germany surrendered at the end of World War II. It coincided with Ascension Day, which means it was a day off, giving everyone the opportunity to celebrate freedom while enjoying the summer-like weather. Boats were sailing through...
- A little place called Hoorn 2 months ago They call it “the beating heart of West Friesland“. Hoorn is a beautiful city, with a rich past. In the Golden Age, Hoorn was as one of the six bases of the Dutch East India Company. Today, it’s a lovely residential city, with many buildings in the historical center dating from the 16th and...
- City bike tour in Amsterdam 1 month ago I cycle all over Amsterdam almost every day, come rain or shine, on my pinkish-purple, basket-fitted bike. I go by bike to work, to meet people, or shopping. Basically anywhere I need to go. But I’ve never been on an organised bike tour until now. When the guys from We Bike Amsterdam invited...
- It's cherry blossom time in Amsterdam! 2 months ago It’s that time of the year again! I didn’t go to Amsterdamse Bos to see the Japanese Garden, but I had my share of cherry blossom (and magnolia) in Westerpark last weekend. There are only a few cherry trees in the park, but they are enough to create a magical atmosphere for the few […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam