Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Hague day trip 17 hours ago Located by the North Sea, The Hague (or Den Haag, as it is in Dutch) is the seat of the Dutch parliament and government, and also the King’s residence. It’s the place that I’ve visited the most since I moved to the Netherlands, whenever there were paperwork issues to solve at the embassy....
- Shopping afternoon: Local Goods Market 2 days ago I decided to pay a visit to De Hallen today, not for the usual good food, but for the Local Goods Market event, hosted there for the weekend. The market is a great opportunity to check out and buy locally made items, from delicious food and drinks to clothes, furniture, even bikes. It’s...
- Super Moon Total Eclipse - September 2015 2 weeks ago A few years ago we captured the super full moon over Amsterdam in all of its majesty. Last night, the full moon appeared again, but this time with a twist: our very own planet Earth obscured the light from the Sun for a few hours, creating a total lunar eclipse. To top it off, the […]
- Sail 2015 - people and their boats 4 weeks ago Three weeks have passed since the end of Sail festival, and all the beautiful tall ships have left the Ijhaven. Facebook feeds are no longer full of boat images, but I can’t help going through my pictures of the event every now and then. It was a great show and I feel like there’s more to...
- A sunflower labyrinth at Van Gogh museum 1 month ago A labyrinth made of 125,000 sunflowers, all yellow and smiling at the sun, covered half of the Museumplein this weekend. The labyrinth was created by the Van Gogh museum to celebrate the opening of the new entrance hall. It was a pleasure to wander through the flower maze and to discover the...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam