Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- One autumn day in Antwerp 12 hours ago Last year, in October, a friend asked me if I was in the mood for a day trip to Antwerp. I had been to this place in Belgium only once before, and it had happened during winter, so I accepted immediately. I was curious what it would look like in autumnal colours, not to […]
- Amsterdam architecture: Skinny Bridge 5 days ago Magere Brug or Skinny Bridge, is one of the most beautiful bridges of Amsterdam. Crossing the Amstel River, opposite of the Carré Theatre, this bridge is a very popular tourist attraction. The legend says that Magere Brug was built by two sisters living on opposite sides of the river, so they...
- Where are the snows of yesteryear? 1 week ago Last time I’ve seen a white winter in Amsterdam was in 2013. I remember one of those first days of snow when everyone was trying to hide in the houses and complained about the impossible traffic. I had to go to work, but during my lunch break I took the camera and went out […]
- Why visit Amsterdam in winter 2 weeks ago Amsterdam is a charming city in every season. If you ask me, I could give you some good reasons to visit the city in any season. Winter is not really my favourite, but it has its attractions and joys as well. It’s true that the days are shorter in the winter, it gets dark […]
- Winter landscape 2 weeks ago In winter, Amsterdam is stripped of most of its colours and can look a bit desolate. Especially during those dark grey days when the night seems to never end. But, some days, the winter light can be magical — filtered through the clouds, pink, yellow and purple colours compete to create a veil...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam