Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cosy days 2 days ago “You expected to be sad in the fall. Part of you died each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintery light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen.” […]
- Seeing the world in black and white 4 days ago There is a general agreement on the fact that black and white photography is artistic photography. If you look for “fine art” photos on Google, you’ll discover that most of them are black and white. For a while, I kept asking myself why is it like this. Why do people use a monochrome...
- A perfect autumn day 1 week ago Finally one warm weekend! A proper Indian summer that everyone tried to enjoy as much as possible. I was out and about today, admiring the autumn colours and soaking up some long-awaited sun. The walk involved coffee in the sun, the best cookies in town at Van Stapele Koekmakerij, visits to a...
- Looking for Mushrooms in Amsterdam Westerpark 1 week ago One of my favourite parks when it comes to long walks is Westerpark, because there is a good part of it that is not crowded and is quite wild (controlled wilderness, as everything else in the Netherlands). Since I walk there quite often, I could notice the changes that take place during the year,...
- Open Ateliers Nieuwmarkt 1 week ago Last weekend, the artists living and creating in the Nieuwmarkt area of Amsterdam opened their atelier to the public. Open Ateliers is an interesting event that I wanted to attend since I found out about it from a friend. I was curious to meet the local artists, to see their working environment...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam