Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- A little place called Hoorn 1 week ago They call it “the beating heart of West Friesland“. Hoorn is a beautiful city, with a rich past. In the Golden Age, Hoorn was as one of the six bases of the Dutch East India Company. Today, it’s a lovely residential city, with many buildings in the historical center dating from the 16th and...
- City bike tour in Amsterdam 2 weeks ago I cycle all over Amsterdam almost every day, come rain or shine, on my pinkish-purple, basket-fitted bike. I go by bike to work, to meet people, or shopping. Basically anywhere I need to go. But I’ve never been on an organised bike tour until now. When the guys from We Bike Amsterdam invited...
- It's cherry blossom time in Amsterdam! 3 weeks ago It’s that time of the year again! I didn’t go to Amsterdamse Bos to see the Japanese Garden, but I had my share of cherry blossom (and magnolia) in Westerpark last weekend. There are only a few cherry trees in the park, but they are enough to create a magical atmosphere for the few […]
- A long-awaited spring 3 weeks ago It feels like I’ve waited a whole year for this spring. The grey days seemed to never end. But, out of a sudden, the green colour appeared on the canals and the days became longer and brighter. And, just like that, it’s spring again!
- Learning the secrets of Indian food 4 weeks ago Indian cuisine is one of my favourites. The flavours, the colours and the smells have an exotic appeal and I am always happy to find a good Indian restaurant. I’ve never been to India, I’ve only tried Indian food as prepared in different countries. I also like to cook and I take pride in...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam