En lo Alto
Latest Blog Posts »
- Holiday Gift List for the New Yorker Who Has it All 1 month ago As Christmas and Hanukkah are quickly approaching, less than week is left until gifts are presented to family and loved ones. The holidays often can be fraught with many decisions to make. Those who live in the five boroughs may seem to have it all; therefore, gift giving can be quite the...
- Interview on Expat Finder 6 months ago I had the pleasure of contributing to Expat Finder with an interview about my life in the Dominican Republic. Please find the full and original interview published here! Find below a few snippets from the interview below: “We’ve had the chance to talk to Sarah Kuras, an American expat who had...
- The Scottish Play Strikes Harlem 6 months ago Most New Yorkers have heard of Shakespeare in the Park, meaning the big festival in Central Park. I have had the fortune of attending performances the past two years and they were both spectacular. But a far fewer number have heard of or attended the free uptown iteration in Marcus Garvey Park. Not...
- New York Lens: Waldain 9 months ago I hope you all have enjoyed the posts so far in “Lens”, a series of interviews with interesting people talking about what makes their city unique. This week, I spoke with Waldain, is a teacher, comedian and video editor. When he’s not with schoolkids, he’s working on his YouTube channel...
- New York Lens: Rose 8 months ago The latest installment of Lens, a series of interviews with interesting people in New York and beyond! This week, Rose Silberman-Gorn, an artist and writer who recently moved to New York, offers some tips and thoughts about her new city. Through her artwork, she aims to create a bizarre and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on En lo Alto
17:30 PM April 21, 2015
Awesome blog! It's always so fun to catch up on Sarah's adventures.
18:13 PM April 21, 2015
I absolutely love this blog! Being a New Yorker, I've always wanted to take the plunge and move abroad but this blogger actually did it! I especially enjoy reading about the differences in New York attitudes compared to that of DR, definitely something you won't get in a traveler's book. Well done :)
16:58 PM April 26, 2015
Love this blog! Cool perspective from an American living in the DR. Definitely give it a read.
22:28 PM April 26, 2015
Amazing blog!!!! Me gusta mucho ...
17:28 PM April 28, 2015
Ive been following this blog for a while, it is so cool! There are always really beautiful pictures! :)
21:04 PM April 28, 2015
Love Sarah's insights on life as an expat in the DR. Recommended for anyone who is thinking of international travel, or who can't travel but wants to live vicariously! Super informative and thoughtfully written.
16:48 PM May 01, 2015
Dope blog. I'm Dominican myself so I basically already know all the info, but it's fun to see a different, and honest, perspective of living in DR.
17:05 PM May 08, 2015
Fun blog! Lots of good information and great pictures =)