En lo Alto
Latest Blog Posts »
- Three Tasty Mexico City Markets to Explore 2 months ago Last week, my husband and I had our belated honeymoon in Mexico City! With a week to see as many sights as possible, I planned a weeklong itinerary that included museums, cultural and heritage sites, lots of food, and also some down time to rest. Much has been said about Mexico City, and rightly...
- Unique New York: Mother of Pearl 1 month ago I recently got back in touch with two friends from high school at a reunion (which one I won’t say) and suggested meeting up for drinks at a tiki bar that had piqued my interest, Mother of Pearl, which has been serving Polynesian-themed drinks and vegetarian food for the past few years in the...
- 2017 Recap and Looking Forward to 2018 3 months ago Before January ends I wanted to do a recap of my 2017 and look ahead to a few fun things coming up in 2018! Inspired by Adventurous Kate and This Battered Suitcase who both did some great reflection posts, I put together a list of pretty much EVERYTHING that I did in 2017. It was quite impressive...
- After a Month of No Sugar 6 months ago After a long 31 days, I completed a no-sugar month challenge. As I wrote in the last post, I was in the midst of a month-long elimination of added sugars. While I could eat fruit, I did not eat any added sugars – natural or artificial – which meant no sugar, honey, agave, stevia, or similar. I...
- Updates from a No Sugar Month Challenge 7 months ago Today is August 13, which means I’ve gone 13 days without added sugar! In my last post, when I recapped my Uber Frugal Month Challenge, I mentioned I would be embarking on a new challenge for August. This month, I am doing my very best not to eat anything with added sugar. So far, I have made it...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on En lo Alto
17:30 PM April 21, 2015
Awesome blog! It's always so fun to catch up on Sarah's adventures.
18:13 PM April 21, 2015
I absolutely love this blog! Being a New Yorker, I've always wanted to take the plunge and move abroad but this blogger actually did it! I especially enjoy reading about the differences in New York attitudes compared to that of DR, definitely something you won't get in a traveler's book. Well done :)
16:58 PM April 26, 2015
Love this blog! Cool perspective from an American living in the DR. Definitely give it a read.
22:28 PM April 26, 2015
Amazing blog!!!! Me gusta mucho ...
17:28 PM April 28, 2015
Ive been following this blog for a while, it is so cool! There are always really beautiful pictures! :)
21:04 PM April 28, 2015
Love Sarah's insights on life as an expat in the DR. Recommended for anyone who is thinking of international travel, or who can't travel but wants to live vicariously! Super informative and thoughtfully written.
16:48 PM May 01, 2015
Dope blog. I'm Dominican myself so I basically already know all the info, but it's fun to see a different, and honest, perspective of living in DR.
17:05 PM May 08, 2015
Fun blog! Lots of good information and great pictures =)