Weird Things in Prague
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Demolition of "Hotel Praha" 2 months ago “Hotel Praha” was built in 1981 and survived just a bit longer than 30 years. The hotel was closed down in 2013 as economically not viable and then bought by the millionaire Petr Kellner who decided to demolish the structure to establish here a branch of his private school. The …
- Do-It-Yourself Public Transport 2 months ago On Tuesday, passengers lent a hand to push-start their tram. The train (model Škoda 15T, weighing 42 metric tons) had stopped exactly at a dead point between two overhead wires.
- The Curious Case of Dr. Dysentery 3 months ago Something really funny from the history of medicine. This is how it happened: In 1887, the pathologist Dr. Jaroslav Hlava writes an article with the title O úplavici – předběžné sdělení, in English: On Dysentery – a preliminary notice. Stephanos Kartulis translates this article for the...
- Open-Air Office in the Park 2 months ago The people behind the project "Pracovna v parku" plan to establish an outdoor office space in the park Riegrovy Sady. All you need for your work under trees is a table, a chair, electricity and Wi-Fi, the initiators say.
- The Traditional "Candle Sauce Dinner" 2 months ago The consumer electronics store Alza sells a bag that you may not be able to fully appreciate if you don’t understand some words of Czech. So here we go: “Svíčková” is one of the very traditional Czech dishes, based on beef with a creamy sauce, and usually combined with dumplings.1 …
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Weird Things in Prague has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!