Weird Things in Prague
Latest Blog Posts »
- Care For a "Pig Slaughter Goulash"? 2 weeks ago It seems to be a by-product of the “large pig-killing ceremony”, just like the blood soup “prdelačka”. (The meaning of “prdel” is explained here.) source (5 Dec 2014)
- Sanity for Sale 1 month ago In Prague it’s so easy to lose your sanity… (translation: “Seasonal sell-off of sanitary installations”)
- Race the Tube in Prague 2 months ago The attempt to beat the Prague metro on foot has failed with only a few seconds behind. The race took place between the stations Hůrka and Nové Butovice on line B (the yellow line), which amounts to a distance of 748 meters.
- The Demolition of "Hotel Praha" 4 months ago “Hotel Praha” was built in 1981 and survived just a bit longer than 30 years. The hotel was closed down in 2013 as economically not viable and then bought by the millionaire Petr Kellner who decided to demolish the structure to establish here a branch of his private school. The …
- Do-It-Yourself Public Transport 4 months ago On Tuesday, passengers lent a hand to push-start their tram. The train (model Škoda 15T, weighing 42 metric tons) had stopped exactly at a dead point between two overhead wires.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Weird Things in Prague has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!