Weird Things in Prague
Latest Blog Posts »
- Race the Tube in Prague 2 days ago The attempt to beat the Prague metro on foot has failed with only a few seconds behind. The race took place between the stations Hůrka and Nové Butovice on line B (the yellow line), which amounts to a distance of 748 meters.
- The Demolition of "Hotel Praha" 2 months ago “Hotel Praha” was built in 1981 and survived just a bit longer than 30 years. The hotel was closed down in 2013 as economically not viable and then bought by the millionaire Petr Kellner who decided to demolish the structure to establish here a branch of his private school. The …
- Do-It-Yourself Public Transport 2 months ago On Tuesday, passengers lent a hand to push-start their tram. The train (model Škoda 15T, weighing 42 metric tons) had stopped exactly at a dead point between two overhead wires.
- The Curious Case of Dr. Dysentery 3 months ago Something really funny from the history of medicine. This is how it happened: In 1887, the pathologist Dr. Jaroslav Hlava writes an article with the title O úplavici – předběžné sdělení, in English: On Dysentery – a preliminary notice. Stephanos Kartulis translates this article for the...
- Open-Air Office in the Park 3 months ago The people behind the project "Pracovna v parku" plan to establish an outdoor office space in the park Riegrovy Sady. All you need for your work under trees is a table, a chair, electricity and Wi-Fi, the initiators say.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Weird Things in Prague has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!