Weird Things in Prague
Latest Blog Posts »
- What is a "Fíra"? 3 weeks ago Maybe not what you think. In the “railway slang” it means “metro driver”, as you can read on this job advertisement.
- Contaminated Drinking Water From a Mystery Pipe 4 months ago The Cold War era still seems to tarnish today’s life in Prague. One example is the drinking water supply system. Last weekend, close to 200 people in Prague’s districts Dejvice and Bubeneč were treated for diarrhea, vomiting and fever after drinking tap water. The Prague Waterworks then...
- A Classification of Prague's Public Transport Passengers 3 months ago I feel that after more than a decade of life in Prague, studying inhabitants and visitors alike, I may now consider myself sufficiently acquainted with the subject for an attempt to classify the most remarkable specimen of passengers found in Prague’s trams, buses and metro trains. The...
- Czech President Offered as Gift to Russia 4 months ago A group of Czech artists and intellectuals shows their gratitude to Russia by offering their president Miloš Zeman as a donation. Czech generosity works in mysterious ways.
- One Black Tea With Milk ... Jardo, pojď sem! 4 months ago Great campaign! I have experienced that so many times. For the bonus laugh: Turn on the auto-generated subtitles. If you speak some Czech, you might have noticed that Czechs sometimes address Vietnamese informally while they, on the other hand, naturally expect to be addressed formally.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Weird Things in Prague has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!