A Diamond in Moscow
Latest Blog Posts »
- A night at the Bolshoi 2 years ago It’s been a tough year for us with adapting to a new country I didn’t choose to live in and many other events that happened throughout the year which made it a year that I can’t wait to end so we can begin 2013 with hope and faith that all will be better. I haven’t […]
- IWC Embassies Winter Bazaar Moscow 2 years ago Saturday morning we gave up our much loved sleep-in to help raise money for the IWC (International Womens Club) of Moscow Embassies Winter Bazaar. We headed off to one of the large hotels in Moscow to attend a fund raising event whereby countries from around the world were parading their cultural...
- Moscow....the city of tears and fears 2 years ago So I did something silly that I now regret – I threw out last year’s plastic Christmas tree because I didn’t think I’d still be living through another winter in Moscow! I nearly threw out my big brown puffa coat, gloves and boots but today I’m wearing them all over again with utter...
- I survived one year in Moscow 2 years ago Next week we celebrate our anniversary of one year living and discovering Moscow! I will never forget the date of 7 November 2011. Yes 711 is befitting as our arrival date reminding us that the convenience stores in Moscow never seem to shut down. Doesn’t matter what the time of day or night...
- Moscow's melting pot 2 years ago Yes it’s long overdue and with a push from a few friends I had to stop my now very busy life and blog to keep updating you all on our life in Russia. So a quick reminder of the fact that I had spent the first 9 months in Moscow trying to work out what […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Russia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Russia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on A Diamond in Moscow
10:23 AM October 30, 2012
Excellent reading. Not just informative but entertaining as well. A must read if you are going to live in Moscow. Helped out people from USA, New Zealand, Belgium, UK, Sweden and Mexico and that in its self is testimony of the blog! Keep it up Karla Spera!!!
10:30 AM October 30, 2012
Thrilled that you are back - it was way overdue.I feel as though I am on your journey of adventures whilst I'm reading your blog. Great read & keep them coming
10:49 AM October 30, 2012
I love a Diamand in Moscow! She finds the humor in everyday life and makes it sparkly, just like her....maybe that's why she is a Diamand?
02:28 AM October 31, 2012
Move over the Shakespears and Dickens of yesterday and our modern day Rowlands and Vincenzis, Spera enthralls her readers with witty, informative, interesting and fun filled tales of life in Moscow from the "Diamand's Eye"! Continue to sparkle Spera, you make my day, I love you :)
02:52 AM October 31, 2012
I lovvve reading A Diamand in Moscow! Look forward to sharing and living her everyday life with her whilst reading her blog faced with challenges, fun, excitement and unpredictability!I feel her every emotion and love exploring a city with her which to me is untouchable!Great reading!
22:54 PM October 31, 2012
Love reading this blog, it has really opened my eyes to what can happen in Russia and how you can make to most out of any situation.
00:39 AM November 01, 2012
Great to see our Diamond is back & shinning brightly... Love reading about your new adventures in Moscow & makes me want to be there with you. Keep up the good work
06:12 AM November 01, 2012
Have followed this blog from day one as Josie used to live in Dubai, it's an absolute delight to read and she unravels her expat life in Russia
14:49 PM November 01, 2012
THIS BLOG IS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!! My entire family & friends are absolutely hooked!!! Keep it up, Karl! We love you!
04:24 AM November 06, 2012
Wonderful funny and informative .....Love every read