Monkeys and Mountains
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hiking the Cinque Terre in Italy: What You Need to Know Before You Go 1 day ago Hiking in Cinque Terre can be a dream with its medieval fishing villages and stunning views of the Italian Riviera. However, it can also be confusing and many travellers miss out by not going beyond the Cinque Terre. Here's what you need to know before you go: You can read the original article...
- How to Train for a Hiking Trip: Experienced Hikers Share Their Tips 4 weeks ago Training for a hiking trip can be a daunting experience. You may wonder if you're fit enough or question your ability to carry a heavy pack. That's why I asked other experienced hikers for their advice. Read on for their invaluable tips that will help make your long distance trek an incredible...
- 15 Madagascar Facts: How Many Do You Know? 2 months ago How many of these Madagascar facts do you know? Many travellers know it as a place from the Madagascar movies but don't know much else about it. And it definitely isn't on most travellers radar. But that's a shame. It's unlike nowhere else on earth. Keep reading to see what I mean: #1....
- Your Travel Guide to Antigua, Guatemala 3 months ago A travel guide to Antigua, Guatemala written by a local Guatemalan who lives there. Find out what to see and do in this city famous for its Spanish colonial buildings and volcanoes. You can read the original article here: Your Travel Guide to Antigua, Guatemala. Monkeys and Mountains | Adventure...
- Adventure Awaits: 5 Ways to Feel Like You're on Vacation in 2018 Even When You're Not 3 months ago Adventure awaits you in 2018. You likely won't be able to be on vacation every day of the year, but here are 5 easy ways to feel like you are. In addition, you'll get out of your comfort zone and feel more energized and alive. You can read the original article here: Adventure Awaits: 5 Ways to...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 27 reviews on Monkeys and Mountains
12:22 PM November 19, 2012
As a German I love this blog. Laurel's insights of life in Germany are spot on and I love reading about her adventures.
12:56 PM November 19, 2012
Laurel is one of my favorite bloggers, and I love her perspective as she wanders around Europe!
15:18 PM November 19, 2012
Reading Laurel's posts, I feel as if I'm right there with her.
18:46 PM November 20, 2012
Laurel has a great sense of adventure and that's reflected in her writing. She's an outdoors enthusiast who has embraced life in Germany. Her blogs are a pleasure to read.
20:06 PM November 20, 2012
I always enjoy reading about Laurel's adventures! She takes me to destinations I probably won't ever get to and also introduces me to new places to visit in one of my favorite places, Germany.
17:56 PM November 21, 2012
I love Laurel's blog. It's witty, she makes fun of herself all the time and provides practical tips for her readers. Entertaining and useful.
19:06 PM November 21, 2012
Whether Laurel is sharing insider tips and perspectives of life in Germany or writing about travel adventures, she's got my interest. Her blog is full of well-written and engaging stories that keep me coming back.
20:19 PM November 21, 2012
Laurels blog is an escape from the mundane. With her very Canadian easiness and good sense of humor she takes the reader along on every journey and adventure. I inspire to visit every location and follow in her footsteps.
23:12 PM November 21, 2012
If you're looking for the lesser known (and maybe even secret) little beauty spots in Germany, look no further than this blog.
18:40 PM November 22, 2012
I love going along with Laurel on her adventures! She is one of the most daredevil bloggers out there. Her pictures are gorgeous, and I always look forward to reading where she is off to next.
21:00 PM November 23, 2012
Laurel gives us, her readers, the refreshing and amusing point of view of a Canadian about life in Germany.
07:17 AM November 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure Laurel is trying to kill herself with some of the adventures she's undertaking these days, but in the meantime it makes for some really entertaining reading. If you want to learn about life in Germany with a little bit of adrenaline thrown in, this is your blog.
11:16 AM November 24, 2012
I've followed Laurel's travels since she started her blog as Expat in Germany. Monkey's and Mountains is one of my favourite travel/expat blogs. Looking forward to hearing more about her adventures
11:38 AM November 24, 2012
A really fun travel blog with quality writing that showcases Laurel's travels around the globe. Love it!
11:47 AM November 24, 2012
A great combination of personality, passion and daily life! Laurel is definitely an inspiring person who did the life she really wanted to. A big step few people really embrace in life. And this blog is quite it, taking the readers into juicy and real life experiences abroad. Inspiring and motivational for all those stuck in a boring "cubicle life". Be brave and pursue your dream! Like Laurel did :)
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
Been following Laurel's blog for over two years now. She's one of our favourites, especially as we're such fans of Germany. Her posts tempt us to go back there, particularly to the lesser known regiaons, as well as the other places she blogs about, too.
19:22 PM November 24, 2012
Laurel is kind and cheerful, and she knows her trips !! Excellent blog and excellent personality :)
19:32 PM November 24, 2012
Laurel's blog is a great adventure every time I click on her site. If you love traveling and want personal, accurate information than you should definitely put her on your RSS feeder!
19:50 PM November 24, 2012
great blog, great person and great traveler. we share similar tastes and I love reading about Laurel's travel experiences.
00:37 AM November 25, 2012
Adventure and thrills are what you usually find in Laurel's articles and although I have never been to most of the places that she writes about, I find her introductions, insights and photography inspiring nonetheless. I have followed her for about 2 years now and have never been underwhelmed with the adventures I find on her sight. Laurel has a real talent for immersing her readers into her adventures and allowing all of us to live and travel vicariously for the moment. Almost daily, I recommend her articles to my followers and friends because of the wanderlust they ignite!
06:53 AM November 25, 2012
Monkeys and Mountains is a funny and informative blog that constantly makes me want to follow in Laurel's footsteps and have the same adventures!
10:38 AM November 25, 2012
I love reading Laurels blogs. If I am in need of a mountain getaway I always know where to look. If I can't make it there at least I see the wonderful places she posts.
16:23 PM November 25, 2012
I've been following Laurel's blog almost since the beginning. Her passion for travel and adventurous spirit shine through in her writing and inspire people to step outside their own comfort zones and experience this exciting, colorful world.
19:53 PM November 25, 2012
Monkeys and Mountains is one of my favorite blogs. Laurel captures in a really vivid way all her travels and makes me want to visit these places as well.
01:16 AM November 28, 2012
Well-written and instructive: Laurel takes us all around the world with her fun articles! A great read every time.
11:30 AM December 01, 2012
I've been reading Monkeys and Mountains since it was Expat in Germany, and it's been one of my favorites. Laurel provides a great perspective on many different aspects of Germany and elsewhere.
12:25 PM April 10, 2017
I love reading Laurels blogs. If I am in need of a mountain getaway I always know where to look