Monkeys and Mountains
Latest Blog Posts »
- 10 Finnish Foods You Need to Try 22 hours ago The original can be found here: 10 Finnish Foods You Need to Try. Please read the original. Finnish food is a mystery to most people that haven't been to Finland, but it's another great reason to visit Finland. And yes reindeer is delicious, not to mention nutritious! Monkeys and Mountains |...
- How To Be A Responsible Traveller 5 days ago The original can be found here: How To Be A Responsible Traveller. Please read the original. These tips from travel experts compiled from #AdvTravelChat will help you become a responsible traveller and contribute to sustainable tourism initiatives. Monkeys and Mountains | Adventure Travel Blog -...
- Unexpected Travel Highlights in Crete 1 week ago The original can be found here: Unexpected Travel Highlights in Crete. Please read the original. Travellers can expect incredible richness and diverse landscapes when they travel to Crete, but perhaps just as importantly, open people and delicious food! Monkeys and Mountains | Adventure Travel...
- Why Today is the Best Time to See a Saimaa Ringed Seal 1 week ago The original can be found here: Why Today is the Best Time to See a Saimaa Ringed Seal. Please read the original. Today is the best time to see a Saimaa Ringed Seal in Savonlinna, Finland because with only 300 remaining, they are critically endangered...and may not be around tomorrow! Monkeys and...
- How to Get Stranded on a Thistle Field in Crete and Have Fun in the Process 2 months ago The original can be found here: How to Get Stranded on a Thistle Field in Crete and Have Fun in the Process. Please read the original. If you are anything like me, Crete makes you think of beautiful Mediterranean coasts, Olive Oil and Ouzo. I had no idea just how rich and diverse Crete’s insular...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 26 reviews on Monkeys and Mountains
12:22 PM November 19, 2012
As a German I love this blog. Laurel's insights of life in Germany are spot on and I love reading about her adventures.
12:56 PM November 19, 2012
Laurel is one of my favorite bloggers, and I love her perspective as she wanders around Europe!
15:18 PM November 19, 2012
Reading Laurel's posts, I feel as if I'm right there with her.
18:46 PM November 20, 2012
Laurel has a great sense of adventure and that's reflected in her writing. She's an outdoors enthusiast who has embraced life in Germany. Her blogs are a pleasure to read.
20:06 PM November 20, 2012
I always enjoy reading about Laurel's adventures! She takes me to destinations I probably won't ever get to and also introduces me to new places to visit in one of my favorite places, Germany.
17:56 PM November 21, 2012
I love Laurel's blog. It's witty, she makes fun of herself all the time and provides practical tips for her readers. Entertaining and useful.
19:06 PM November 21, 2012
Whether Laurel is sharing insider tips and perspectives of life in Germany or writing about travel adventures, she's got my interest. Her blog is full of well-written and engaging stories that keep me coming back.
20:19 PM November 21, 2012
Laurels blog is an escape from the mundane. With her very Canadian easiness and good sense of humor she takes the reader along on every journey and adventure. I inspire to visit every location and follow in her footsteps.
23:12 PM November 21, 2012
If you're looking for the lesser known (and maybe even secret) little beauty spots in Germany, look no further than this blog.
18:40 PM November 22, 2012
I love going along with Laurel on her adventures! She is one of the most daredevil bloggers out there. Her pictures are gorgeous, and I always look forward to reading where she is off to next.
21:00 PM November 23, 2012
Laurel gives us, her readers, the refreshing and amusing point of view of a Canadian about life in Germany.
07:17 AM November 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure Laurel is trying to kill herself with some of the adventures she's undertaking these days, but in the meantime it makes for some really entertaining reading. If you want to learn about life in Germany with a little bit of adrenaline thrown in, this is your blog.
11:16 AM November 24, 2012
I've followed Laurel's travels since she started her blog as Expat in Germany. Monkey's and Mountains is one of my favourite travel/expat blogs. Looking forward to hearing more about her adventures
11:38 AM November 24, 2012
A really fun travel blog with quality writing that showcases Laurel's travels around the globe. Love it!
11:47 AM November 24, 2012
A great combination of personality, passion and daily life! Laurel is definitely an inspiring person who did the life she really wanted to. A big step few people really embrace in life. And this blog is quite it, taking the readers into juicy and real life experiences abroad. Inspiring and motivational for all those stuck in a boring "cubicle life". Be brave and pursue your dream! Like Laurel did :)
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
Been following Laurel's blog for over two years now. She's one of our favourites, especially as we're such fans of Germany. Her posts tempt us to go back there, particularly to the lesser known regiaons, as well as the other places she blogs about, too.
19:22 PM November 24, 2012
Laurel is kind and cheerful, and she knows her trips !! Excellent blog and excellent personality :)
19:32 PM November 24, 2012
Laurel's blog is a great adventure every time I click on her site. If you love traveling and want personal, accurate information than you should definitely put her on your RSS feeder!
19:50 PM November 24, 2012
great blog, great person and great traveler. we share similar tastes and I love reading about Laurel's travel experiences.
00:37 AM November 25, 2012
Adventure and thrills are what you usually find in Laurel's articles and although I have never been to most of the places that she writes about, I find her introductions, insights and photography inspiring nonetheless. I have followed her for about 2 years now and have never been underwhelmed with the adventures I find on her sight. Laurel has a real talent for immersing her readers into her adventures and allowing all of us to live and travel vicariously for the moment. Almost daily, I recommend her articles to my followers and friends because of the wanderlust they ignite!
06:53 AM November 25, 2012
Monkeys and Mountains is a funny and informative blog that constantly makes me want to follow in Laurel's footsteps and have the same adventures!
10:38 AM November 25, 2012
I love reading Laurels blogs. If I am in need of a mountain getaway I always know where to look. If I can't make it there at least I see the wonderful places she posts.
16:23 PM November 25, 2012
I've been following Laurel's blog almost since the beginning. Her passion for travel and adventurous spirit shine through in her writing and inspire people to step outside their own comfort zones and experience this exciting, colorful world.
19:53 PM November 25, 2012
Monkeys and Mountains is one of my favorite blogs. Laurel captures in a really vivid way all her travels and makes me want to visit these places as well.
01:16 AM November 28, 2012
Well-written and instructive: Laurel takes us all around the world with her fun articles! A great read every time.
11:30 AM December 01, 2012
I've been reading Monkeys and Mountains since it was Expat in Germany, and it's been one of my favorites. Laurel provides a great perspective on many different aspects of Germany and elsewhere.