St Bloggie de Riviere
Latest Blog Posts »
- Sardinia - part 4 - Santu Lussargiu 5 days ago It was Sunday and all the Sunday motards were out enjoying the roads on their mostly BMWs. We enjoyed the winding roads and the stupendous views too. Many of the roads are a lovely orange colour. You can't see it so well on the photo above because the light was dingy, but in the sun they...
- In Shock 1 week ago I just want to interrupt telling you about Sardinia to reflect on some terrible news I had yesterday. Three weeks ago, the 16yr old son of one of my friends was taken to the emergency department of our local hospital complaining of a pain in his lungs and feeling tired. He died at the weekend of a...
- Sardinia - part 3 - East coast to west coast 1 week ago Holidays are lovely, it has to be said, but being thrown together 24h/24 as they say here in France can twang the happiest clappiest of nerves. Anyway, doesn't it grip the giblets more to read about the arguments of others than to snarl at the relentless perfection of their diplomatic...
- Motorbike holiday to Corsica and Sardinia - part 2 1 week ago I have long wanted to see Bonifacio, that town perched perilously on the cliffs at the very south point of Corsica. By fortuitous planning, we were catching the ferry to Sardinia from Bonifacio, a mere 50 mins crossing, and decided to spend our time visiting the town instead of taking the long...
- Spring motorbike holiday to Corsica and Sardinia - part 1 2 weeks ago My DB and I have just come back from over a week away. Du jamais vu! Yes, from Wednesday to Saturday ten days or so later we were over the hills and far away in (Corsica and) Sardinia. It was a marvellous break because Sardinia is so beautiful with such varied scenery, and it was amazing to have a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on St Bloggie de Riviere
13:53 PM October 31, 2012
You want to know what life is really like in France...working, bringing up children, shopping, what people really think.....all the under the radar stuff? Read this blog. These stylish posts are a pleasure to read...and at the end of each you have learnt something more...delivered almost without you perceiving it! She travels too...by motorbike, no less...and you have the bonus of superb photographs and descriptions of her tours which put them straight on your 'to visit' list. A lovely, intelligent blog.
18:10 PM November 21, 2012
Sarah writes with great honesty about her life in France. She is the parent of two boys and it's good to know we both have the same experiences living with teenagers. I have a better understanding of life in France having read her posts over the last few years. She's funny, frank and an online friend.
19:30 PM November 21, 2012
When I see Sarah's post coming through, I grab a cup of tea and look forward to having a good old chuckle. Her writing is a treat, from the way she talks about her travels on a motorcycle to what life is like bringing up teens in France. You are transported to Montpellier or wherever she is. As Trish says - she is a funny frank and great online friend.
12:56 PM December 02, 2012
I never miss Sarah's post. She is my mirror image -I am a Frenchwoman living in London. I highly recommend her blog!
15:29 PM December 13, 2012
Great writing with lots of fun and wit. A great read, thoroughly recommendable!