Latest Blog Posts »
- Some butterflies are gray... 6 days ago And although they are gray, they are as incredibly beautiful as those extremely colorful ones you see most often… this is a beautifully captured photo from Tom Murray I found at: http://www.pbase.com/tmurray74. So…. haven’t been online with my blog for almost a year… and as I look back on...
- Staying Busy in Costa Rica - Coffee Coasters 8 months ago There’s alot of time on your hands when you retire, so finding a hobby or an activity that not only fills up the time but can actually feel like time doesn’t exist when you are doing it is imperative. I create coffee coasters. A couple of people have asked how to make them, so today […]
- A River Home in Costa Rica 8 months ago Living in Costa Rica is a marvelous experience for many reasons, but for me the primary one is living with nature. I began by living on a farm on a mountain above a small town… pretty close to my son and his family. That I had family here was a bonus for me and allowed […]
- Incredible April: Granada, Granny Nanny & Great New House 9 months ago Astrologically, April was supposed to be a b___ buster, and for me that turned out to be totally true even tho I’m not the correct gender. First, I had to find and move to a new home; Second, I had to go on my second Visa Run to Granada Nicaragua; and Third, I learned what […]
- Living Arrangements in Costa Rica... 11 months ago I just moved about a month ago. After two years in a rural setting in the mountains, I’m now in town.. in urban… in ticolandia. I’m paying less than half the rent in half the space and it’s an eye-opener. Don’t get me wrong. I like this new place, especially because it’s amongst...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on nikisims
18:59 PM October 31, 2012
A blog detailing the transition to a whole new life as it goes along....not in the comfortable sunset glow of hindsight....honest, open and well written. It makes me look back at my own start in Costa Rica and think...yes, I recognise that....