Latest Blog Posts »
- Tortuguera, Costa Rica... 2 months ago My second trip this month was with family to the Atlantic side of the country, into Tortuguera country… where you would expect a dinosaur to jump out from the jungle or a snake to fall from a tree at any moment. The weather is humid and hot, beautiful and wild. The Lodge we stayed at […]
- Recent Granada Nicaragua Visa Run... 2 months ago Well friends, time for the big update on my recent Visa Run to Grenada, Nicaragua. It was SO much easier than the Panama border because I took Tica Bus who pretty much manages most of the process. I took the tourist bus leaving San Jose at 12:30 in the afternoon. We arrived at the Nicaragua […]
- Beware Poisonous Caterpillars in Costa Rica... 2 months ago Crapola to the max, man…. I didn’t shake out the clothes on the line before bringing them into the house… This is what died a month ago inside one of my blouses: And this is what happenned when I put the blouse on without realizing there was a dead poisonous caterpillar inside the arm of […]
- And You Thot All Recipes Were Created Equal... 2 months ago There are all kinds of recipes – for food, for life, for fun, for focus, for the heart… I’ve come across a couple of opportunities recently where I’ve used different interpretations to reflect it’s meaning…. The first thing that comes to mind probably for most of us of course, is...
- Incredible Transitions... these traditional gatherings in Costa Rica 3 months ago New Year’s Eve was an incredible, touching, noisy, loving surprise this year… My past year has been one of firsts, of understanding more and more of the traditions of this culture and the incredible personal awakenings shared with family and within my relationship with myself. I’ve been...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on nikisims
18:59 PM October 31, 2012
A blog detailing the transition to a whole new life as it goes along....not in the comfortable sunset glow of hindsight....honest, open and well written. It makes me look back at my own start in Costa Rica and think...yes, I recognise that....