Latest Blog Posts »
- The Latest Greatest Granada Visa Run... 3 weeks ago What a trip! Literally and in every way the easiest, smoothest, most relaxing Visa Run in 3.5 years. I always take Ticabus from downtown San Jose, Costa Rica because they take care of most of the border details when arriving or departing Nicaragua. Changes at the border: Before I get carried away...
- Coming and Going.... Playa Hermosa de Jaco 6 months ago Wow! I’ve spent the last three years going on day trips to Jaco (last week was my 3-year anniversary, thank you very much) because it was so simple to take the bus there and back for day trips. Well, I’ve got news for you… it’s just as simple (about $12 more with a cab […]
- A Busy End To Summer Break... 10 months ago I know for most of you North Americanos there’s alot of head scratching goin on with the title of this blog. The summer school break here in Costa Rica begins around the third week of November and ends next week. The time off of babysitting has flown by. I’ll be able to extend it, though, […]
- Some butterflies are gray... 10 months ago And although they are gray, they are as incredibly beautiful as those extremely colorful ones you see most often… this is a beautifully captured photo from Tom Murray I found at: http://www.pbase.com/tmurray74. So…. haven’t been online with my blog for almost a year… and as I look back on...
- Staying Busy in Costa Rica - Coffee Coasters 1 year ago There’s alot of time on your hands when you retire, so finding a hobby or an activity that not only fills up the time but can actually feel like time doesn’t exist when you are doing it is imperative. I create coffee coasters. A couple of people have asked how to make them, so today […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on nikisims
18:59 PM October 31, 2012
A blog detailing the transition to a whole new life as it goes along....not in the comfortable sunset glow of hindsight....honest, open and well written. It makes me look back at my own start in Costa Rica and think...yes, I recognise that....